• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
AVGN since the beginnings...
Recently been entertained by GmanLives and Civvie 11 for more fun videos, my go-to for good analysis is Digital Foundry.

Binster

Oct 27, 2017
The Outside Xbox/Xtra crew is indeed delightful and gets surprisingly little love in here. Maybe because they're more family friendly and don't take games all that seriously.
I dunno, I get the impression that Mike takes stealth games VERY seriously.

At least, when there are explosives to hand.

Oct 25, 2017
Snapcube holds a special place in my heart. This was the video that earned them my subscription:

They also do real-time fandubs every now and then. Their most well-known ones being the Sonic fandubs, which are quotable as hell. Penny, who runs the channel, does damn good impressions of Jason Griffith and Ryan Drummond.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I dunno, I get the impression that Mike takes stealth games VERY seriously.

At least, when there are explosives to hand.

"It's all gone a bit Mike"

One of my favourite videos is their 3 ways to play - Patient Zero, in which he's absolutely horrified at just how bad things are going.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
PlayStation Access. Enjoy most of their stuff including the Friday features.

Broughy1322, the king of GTA Motorsport.

Started really getting into NukaEle. Shes lovely

Binster

Oct 27, 2017
"It's all gone a bit Mike"

One of my favourite videos is their 3 ways to play - Patient Zero, in which he's absolutely horrified at just how bad things are going.

Here's a personal favourite Mike moment, when they're taking out Sean Bean and Mike decides to try out an experimental new fuel as a grenade...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maximilian Doods crew is prob my favorite currently.

then Easy Allies.

I also enjoy TFS gaming content.

I've also been watching some Jesse Cox recently if just for the Scary Game Squad series.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
giant-bomb.png

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Chris Bratt (People Make Games) is the only gaming Youtuber I'm subscribed to. He did a ton of really great and informative stuff back at Eurogamer, and has only gotten better since he left.

In terms of actual "gamers", Day9 is great. Always super positive, friendly, and entertaining, which is so nice to see considering most gaming personalities seem to thrive on obnoxiousness and on being assholes. It's just a shame he mostly seems to play card games these days.

If board games count, Shut Up & Sit Down are also great. I don't even play board games all that much anymore, but their reviews are always entertaining.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Kyle Bosman, Johnny Millenium, Stuart Ashen and James Rolfe (but his friendship with Mike Matei has ruined that).

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
General: Giant Bomb crew old and new, Game Grumps (Arin and Danny), dunkey
SC2: Day9, Incontrol(RIP), Tastosis
FGC: Floe, JWong, LI Joe, Alex Valle, Arturo Sanchez
Hearthstone: thijs, kripp

More recently
Mario Maker: trihex, goseigen

For most of these I just dabble here and there whenever. I've enjoyed content from all of these in the past but the only one I really follow religiously is giant bomb (podcasts).

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
James Rolfe / The AVGN. Loved him since the Power Glove episode (the first I ever saw). Hated Mike Matei from day one too. I still watch old AVGN episodes with relative frequency, and every single time there's a new one I watch it ASAP.

I've enjoyed Game Grumps for a long time. Started watching due to Arin (who I knew from his Newgrounds stuff) and liked JonTron as a result as well. Kept watching Jon stuff after the split and then, well, you know. Grew to love Dan very, very god damn fast on his own, unrelated to Jon's shenanigans. That said, I barely watch them anymore. Just from time to time nowadays.

Don't know if this counts but I watch a lot of Digital Foundry stuff and they're an invaluable team to me.

But the ones I watch the most nowadays, and it's not even close, in order:

Arlo. I don't even think he needs a description. He's a puppet, he's funny and he loves Nintendo.

Scott the Woz. Recent discovery, fucking love him and I hope to god he doesn't end up like so many gaming personalities. You know what I'm talking about.

Jim Fucking Sterling son. Thank God for him, don't think I need to say anything else.

I don't expect literally anything in this list to age well. Nobody's safe.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Peeve Peeverson got me into Souls/Bloodborne. He's just a really cool dude, doesn't yell or do obnoxious things, actually reads and interacts with chat, and his chat moves slow enough to do that despite having 1,000+ viewers a lot of the time.

Never cared much for the other Soulbrandt streamers though.

Maximilian is cool and I love his monster hunter streams.

Super Best Friends, they were my favorite in high school through early college. I lost interest, but they got me into a variety of things and gave me so many laughs.

Giant Bomb has been my favorite these past years. Just a great group of people that are funny as hell.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giantbomb, basically. Especially the OG crew. I still think about Ryan Davis from time to time, what a glorious bastard he was. Early era GB was just pure madness and it will never be topped. Whiskey Media era was also great, mainly because of Will, Norm, and Gary Whitta.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Current
Giant Bomb, especially Giant Bomb East
Gamespot Alum, Danny O'Dwyer, Mary Kish

Inactive / Occasionally Active
McElroys
Old 1up Crew, like Shane Bettenhausen, Crispin Boyer, John Davidson.
CGW / GFW Radio crew, Jeff Green, Shawn Elliot, Ryan Scott, Robert Ashley
Old Retronauts Crew, like Jenn Frank

Oct 25, 2017
Because all the current ones have been mentioned multiple times I will go with
5gddx09cv8e01.jpg

*searched high and low for that "Sessler Cell" fanart that seems to now be removed from the Internet*

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I typically enjoy the older gaming personalities.

Mr Sark - Will always be my favourite. Naturally funny, genuine comedic chops and doesn't take himself seriously at all. Nothing is forced about his comedy, he can have me laughing in hysterics from a normal conversation. A Youtube legend.

Funhaus - These guys are ace, again naturally funny, nothing is forced.

Greg Miller - Massive energy and a certain charisma that means you can't take your eyes off him. Seems like the kind of guy you'd want to hang around with. I've struggled with Kinda Funny lately though.

ClassyPax - A little known streamer and roleplayer, that I've been following for a few years now, who is absolutely wonderful at his craft. Fantastic character work with great wit, definitely check out some of his GTA RP if you get a chance.

Jim Sterling - A moany Brit, like me, who speaks really passionately about gaming. Even if you don't agree with him about something, you'll still come out of one of his videos thinking he made a lot of good points.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Giant Bomb and for something a bit different Jimmy Broadbent, Jimmy streams racing games and sims and also now commentates on the Gran Turismo events.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Do esports personalities count? if so then Jeffrey Williamson aka Axe
its rare that someone is both a top player and a top person

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
As happy as I was for Shawn Elliott when he broke in to the development side, I've really missed his insights. Same for Luke Smith and The Man God.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
The Allies of course. Also really like the Game Informer bunch.

Niche choice: ImKibitz who does fun Satisfactory content.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any as I don't watch anything like this stuff. But the Easy Allies crew looks fun though.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Maximillian Dood and the Yo Videogames crew, Woolie, Rising Superstar Liam, the Easy Allies crew, Brian David Gilbert from Polygon, Jason Schreier.

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, none. I used to follow Giant Bomb religiously, but I grew tired of their schtick. That's the reason I culled my sub list on YouTube and now only follow a few content creators, but I avoid any kind of interaction with them or their communities.

Removing the "personality aspect" from video games has made me enjoy them a lot more.

Foxhound

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
For entertainment purposes: Dunkey

I also really like Arlo for Nintendo stuff. He's a bit childish and obnoxious for my taste, but he is a very knowledgeable Nintendo fan.

I'm also watching girlfriend reviews more lately. Other than that, nothing else.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maximilian
Aris
Easy Allies

Going to start watching PaladinAmber because those clips are incredible.