• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
FE959C223B509AAD324A3A84CBC5759D51C52472

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I used to be obsessed with The Trap Door... the videogame. I had my own headcanon mythology for it, as the show never made it to Spain. I even drew Transformer versions of Berk; Through the Trap Door, the second game, where Berk eats candy to get different superpowers, had me drawing Berks with all kinds of superhero costumes and superpowers.

Kid me was such a nerd (said the 43-year-old in a videogame forum).
Haha, that's great! I loved both the show (even though I had only seen a few episodes of it back then) and the video game (I owned the C64 version of the first game). And, like you, I was obsessed with The Trap Door. It got me interested in stop-motion animation, which eventually lead to me making a short claymation film with a character that looked suspiciously like Berk :-)

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017

Time to sit in front of the tube

someone posted that one, nice

Well, there's also this

They then used it for Disney home video things

Last edited:

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, you have a Collect Call from "himomwe'redoneatthemallcomepickusupplease", would you like to accept the charges?
*click*

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Fuck this bullshit. Shit ruined my skateboard's deck. Looked like a god damn Petri dish spilled all over it. Couldn't even scrub it off with hot water and a knife.
In the commercials they presented it as a toy with an endless amount of fantastic uses, in reality it was just an unpleasant sticky, gritty mess.

Oct 28, 2017
Man, some of this stuff is pathetic

How did we deal with it? Recording tapes, dial phones
Even burning CDs feels ancient.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Haha, that's great! I loved both the show (even though I had only seen a few episodes of it back then) and the video game (I owned the C64 version of the first game). And, like you, I was obsessed with The Trap Door. It got me interested in stop-motion animation, which eventually lead to me making a short claymation film with a character that looked suspiciously like Berk :-)

Wow, this reminds me I modelled all of the videogame cast (plus a few of my superhero variants like Wolverine Berk) out of air-hardening clay and toothpicks, then painted them. Good times! :)