• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The Culture novels would be my dream pick. RPG where you play as either Contact or Special Circumstances investigating some shenanigans onboard a culture ship or even an Orbital. The scope is beyond me but a game in that IP would please me. Never ever happening.

Amir Mirzaee

Sep 9, 2018
Bayonetta.

Numerous times when I was playing Devil May Cry 5, I was imagining in my head what a Bayonetta game with this quality would look like.

Although even Devil May Cry 5 isn't a triple-A game to be exact, and Bayonetta's overall quality, while looking really fantastic, roots in platform limitations.

Actually, Devil May Cry 5 could also be a much better game with a triple-A budget, with bigger and more variations in its levels and better designed environments.

I really want a triple-A character action game.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Astro Bot

Asobi Team gave us a masterpiece with Rescue Mission and Astro's Playroom seems just as good, but both projects didn't have a proper AAA (non even AA, I guess) budget. I wonder what they could accomplish with proper funding by Sony

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having AAA budget comes with a lot of concessions being made in the name of sales and broad appeal so many of the games suggested here would probably end up looking very different from what you've come to expect of them in terms of game design...

With that said, if we're dreaming, it's Tenchu.

Niroloc

May 25, 2020
Pokemon I think will eventually get one...I can dream

F-zero needs A budget nevermind a AAA one. (It frankly dosn't need a AAA budget to be great)

A 3d Donkey kong I'd say would be great I think.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
what if DoubleFine was given a Blue Dragon budget to make an RPG focused solely on the theme of Halloween

how could anyone not want that

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
It's probably already been said, but Golden Sun. I think it deserves a full blown remake of the originals, something on par with FF7R.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
DOUBLEFINE ALREADY PROVED THEY RPG CHOPS WITH COSTUME QUEST 2

DOOOOOO IIITTTT

Amir Mirzaee

Sep 9, 2018

I've thought about this a lot.

Isn't Shenmue a Sega property? Instead of allowing Suzuki to crowd found the third game, couldn't they devleop it in their own Ryu ga Gotuko Studio, using the same tools and the engine they have for the Yakuza games?

Design and structure-wise, both franchises are extremely similar, and it would've been a perfect fit.

Obviously the Shenmue brand isn't as big as Yakuza today, but I'm pretty sure if the same amount of money and time that was spent for that Fist of the North Star game, was spent on Shenmue 3, the financial results would've been better.

A new Shenmue game even with the same quality of last-gen Yakuza games, such as Ishin or Yakuza 0, could've reinvigorated the franchise, and ultimately the interest in the remasters also would've been much higher; exactly like what has happened with the Yakuza 3-5 remasters.

I believe Sega lost a big opportunity here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
A sequel to Metal Gear: Ghost Babel. Just make it the new Metal Gear alt-universe.

A Shenmue 3 do-over with a Yakuza budget. Hell, just re-do the saga from the start using Suzuki's ideas as a guideline. Maybe the anime will let this happen.

Hotel Dusk but a gorgeous cel-shaded fully 3D adventure game

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I dont even play Pokémon and I also agree it needs to be given a AAA budget.

Not only that, but give it to Nintendo to make in house instead of Game Freak which doesn't seem too interested in pushing the game from a graphical level or gameplay level.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Give it to Kenta Cho, he said if someone gave him a AAA budget he'll make the most lavish 10 minute arcade experience possible.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I would like Gust to have a AAA budget for Atelier so they don't have to churn out a game every year for $2.50 to keep the studio afloat.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Bayonetta.

Numerous times when I was playing Devil May Cry 5, I was imagining in my head what a Bayonetta game with this quality would look like.

Although even Devil May Cry 5 isn't a triple-A game to be exact, and Bayonetta's overall quality, while looking really fantastic, roots in platform limitations.

Actually, Devil May Cry 5 could also be a much better game with a triple-A budget, with bigger and more variations in its levels and better designed environments.

I really want a triple-A character action game.
DMC V is Triple-A as fuck. All the Characters in this Game are some of the best looking in the entire Industry

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Golden Sun. I'd kill to see that world fully imagined and the summons how I imagined them in their limited animations before. The franchise is probably dead though, much to my chagrin.

Hot Take: I'd love to see Pokemon look like the budget it should have.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon, although to be honest I don't think Game Freak is capable of pushing Pokemon to "AAA" levels, even with a proper budget.

I'll also say Golden Sun. One of the best mixes of JRPG and puzzle based dungeons out there. And Golden Sun summons with a AAA budget? Chef's kiss.

I dont even play Pokémon and I also agree it needs to be given a AAA budget.

Not only that, but give it to Nintendo to make in house instead of Game Freak which doesn't seem too interested in pushing the game from a graphical level or gameplay level.
Game Freak is partial owner to the franchise. Nintendo can't take it away from them, and given that Pokemon is basically the source of their entire income as a studio, Game Freak will likely never want to part with it. So yeah, unfortunately not going to happen.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
Ar Tonelico/Surge Concerto. I'm not even sure we'll see another game in the series let alone any kind of budget. But one can dream!

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Golden Sun. I'd kill to see that world fully imagined and the summons how I imagined them in their limited animations before. The franchise is probably dead though, much to my chagrin.

I'll also say Golden Sun. One of the best mixes of JRPG and puzzle based dungeons out there. And Golden Sun summons with a AAA budget? Chef's kiss.

Camelot Software Planning have experience with developing for the Nintendo Switch so I'm sure Nintendo are willing to give them the right budget for Golden Sun should they ever decide to revisit the series again.