• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Inspired by the comment

Name me an apolitical game and I'll explain how it's still proporting a political viewpoint.

And the subsequent responses

Racing games imply that it's OK to burn fuel and release toxic chemicals into the atmosphere for fun.

Pong is a commentary on the evils on capitalism and how there can be no winners without losers. Endlessly toiling way in a pointless back and forth for the sake of invented measures of success. And Tetris of course has an anti-Soviet undercurrent with its theme of stopping walls from being built up. Obviously.

Name a seemingly apolitical game, and someone will explain why it is inherently political.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All video games are political. :)

But for the sake of the thread, Fantasy Zone.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Princes Peach being a Damsel in Distress held captive by the male monster is a very stereotypical, and outdated, view on gender roles.

Her small act of rebellion against this role in Odyssey is, of course, still political, but at least showing a little awareness of the gender roles this time.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't necessarily believe it is apolitical but I want to see what people come up with:

Kingdom Hearts

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Goat simulator.

Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I feel like simulator type games are hard to establish politics in.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bub

Dc4f6Lr.jpg

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

You need electricity to play it, and that leads to higher carbon emissions. How is climate change not a political issue?

If you play (or make, or sell), video games, you're taking a political stand that video games are more important than our planet.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Wait, are you saying my games are full of politics? How dare those devs. I want to go back to the infantile state of mind where I didn't understand the complexities and realities of the world.

this thread rules