• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Not really a series but I'd love to see a Sierra collection of all their old point and click adventure games.

A Myst clone collection picking from the better contributions from the 90s would be nice too but probably a licensing nightmare so yeah that'd count as never happening lol.

Dayfut

Oct 27, 2017
I've been replaying GTA San Andreas and would love to see a collection of the PS2 era games with modern controls, AI upscaled textures, and most importantly, a fix for the framerate being tied to the game physics so I can play it at a sweet 60 or 120 fps. I tried all the mods and whatnot on pc and it's finicky all around and still crashes even when I leave the frame limiter on.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Suikoden 1-5, also throw in the criminally underrated Suikoden Tactics (can leave out Tierkries tho no one will miss it).

This is it for me as well. Switch or PC port of decent quality for all 5 mainline Suikoden games would please be greatly. Having at least 1 and 2 still around on my Vita is nice, I guess, but a slightly updated translation would be appreciated.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mother Trilogy would be the big one for me. They did do a compilation of 1 and 2 in Japan, but I want to see the whole thing, including localized Mother 3.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
You would think we would have a FF13 collection since Squeenix loves Lightning so much.

I hated 13 when I first played it and never played the sequels. But I want a collection because I'm super curious about them.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
- Shining Collection
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shining Force CD
Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict
Shining Wisdom
Shining the Holy Ark
Shining Force 3 Parts 1/2/3
Shining Soul (Bonus)
Shining Soul 2 (Bonus)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (Bonus)

Yeah sure the first 3 get re-released all the time in Sega's Genesis collections but the rest... ?????? Totally outta luck.

- Lunar
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Lunar: Magic School
Lunar Legend (Bonus)
Lunar: Dragon Song (NO)

Peeps always be wanting at least the first two re-released (or their Sega CD versions) an yet nada. At most we get the original game remader for the thousandth time. >_>
Yes, please.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of cheating since it's not a series, but I REALLY want mini consoles for CPS1, 2, and 3 libraries.

Dog Weissman

Banned
Sep 12, 2020
An actually complete Castlevania collection.

An actually complete Gradius Collection that includes Gaiden and V... aka the two best in the series.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lost Planet Trilogy with EX Troopers. Capcom doesn't care about the series and pretty much doesn't mention it at all anymore so....yeah......

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
A Suikoden collection seems pretty unlikely, but would be so lovely to have.

And perhaps a niche pick: a Hotel Dusk + Lost Window collection

Vally

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Probably the Atelier games. But I would never have time to play them all, and they pump out so many of them that I kinda lost track after Atelier Ayesha or so lol

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Shining:

Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining Force CD
Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict
Shining Wisdom
Shining the Holy Ark
Shining Force III Scenario 1
Shining Force III Scenario 2
Shining Force III Scenario 3
Shining Force III Premium Disc

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Bomberman. I'm not saying you have to put all the games in there, but maybe pick a few standouts and bundle them together.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Golden Sun. They wouldn't even need to include Dark Dawn. Just gimme the first two games in a single package with a save transfer option that doesn't require an 260 character password manually input to get your stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Wipeout PS1 Collection

Sony does just enough to at least acknowledge that this series exists, but the PS1 games hit different in a way that none of the Wipeout games since have.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking Bamco would ever do a Super Robot Wars Alpha collection. They probably can't even be bothered to do an OG collection.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Advance Wars and Golden Sun collections.

Both followed up with a new entry, of course.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy.

Tecmo seemingly just doesn't care about Ryu anymore other than his cameo appearances in other games....

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I own most of the classic games I really care about, but I think sometime in the not so distant future I'll be unable to play full collections of the games I already own due to hardware failure, difficulties in emulation, etc.

Xenosaga series, I'm looking at you.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Lots of collections i would really like in here.

Personally, I know it's unlikely but I want a 16 era Disney collection:

That includes all the Disney games regardless of publisher (Capcom, Virgin or Sega)​
All Disney games regardless of system​

1000 points/platinum per game, with a minimum of 40 achievements/trophies per game.​
Lots of graphic options such as filters, HD sprites etc​
A museum with concept art, music but specifically behind the scenes videos, including new recorded interviews.​

More akin to the Rare Reply presentation.​

The Disney afternoon collection and the Lion king/Aladdin combo gives me hope, but who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
FFIV, V, VI Super Famicom collection on the Switch. It's so obvious a good idea but hasn't happened, I wonder if Square is trolling us. Instead we get Mana and Saga collections haha.

A Goemon Collection would be great too. All the different systems and Konami being Konami makes this very unlikely.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tenchu 1-4 + Fatal Shadows. From Software hasn't really done re-releases of their non-Souls catalog. I don't see 1-2 getting re-released for the reasons I mentioned with Dino Crisis and Rival Schools.
I would love a full Tenchu collection but I would be happy with a remaster of Wrath of Heaven at this point.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
A MadWorld/Anarchy Reigns collection on PC and current gen consoles. I don't even like the games that much, I just think they deserve better than to be locked on seventh gen consoles with waggle controls for the former.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 & Last Window: The Secret of Cape West would be such an awesome double pack.

B4Cwi8w.png

And those Pokémon Pinball games as well! So fun

g1W76y2.png

Man I need a new one on Switch. One that is designed to be played in portrait/TATE mode, so you can use the flip grip:

I0pVMm4.png
vvoDDvI.png

Professor Layton games
Hell yes. Would love all those classics in one package on Switch. Would be such a shame if the HD versions would be stuck on mobile.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Tetris the grandmaster collection and port would be amazing but I can't see ever happening.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Trouble Shooter/Battle Mania for the Genesis/Mega Drive. The two games in the series are hella expensive, and they've never been re-released.

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly just think of games that are way too expensive to legitimately play these days like Shadow Hearts or a not terrible Silent Hill collection.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
A Shining Force III collection with scenarios 1 to 3, the premium disc content and Holy Ark deserves to be widely available on modern systems.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Mystical Ninja/Goemon Collection
Klonoa Collection
Donkey Kong Country Collection
Final Fantasy XIII Collection
Wario Collection
Fear Effect Collection
Mega Man Legends Collection
Panzer Dragoon Collection
Jet Set Radio Collection

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Xenosaga as I've never played those games and they are stuck on a hard to play system.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
For some reason Sega seems reluctant to put out a Sonic Advance trilogy collection, though I'm not sure I'd say "never." Jet Set Radio with JSRF and the GBA version of JSR would be nice in a collection as well.

Pokemon Colosseum / XD put into an HD collection on Switch would be a dream for me, personally, but Game Freak seems pretty eager for people to forget that the Orre games ever happened.