• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Siobhan

Oct 28, 2017
Diablo
Bloodborne
Warcraft III

Deleting the game that codified ARPGs seems bad. Diablo is safe.
Bloodborne is the best Souls game, but it is not so by a huge margin. It wouldn't be so bad if it was deleted.
Without Warcraft III, WoW would arguably never have existed and Blizzard would still be making good games. That makes it the obvious choice.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

This is really tough, but I'd have to poof Metroid Prime 2. Majora's Mask and 999 are completely irreplaceable, and Prime 1 and 3 would still technically exist so I could get a similar experience.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 2
Killer 7

Man sorry Killer 7, but I have another Suda game in my top 10 anyway.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Tales of Symphonia
Demon's Souls
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

Goodbye Demon's Souls, you try so many unique ideas, and the series never reached your level of creativity after you.... But not all those innovations were grade A material.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Chrono Trigger
Mega Man 5
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Nuking Mega Man 5 because even if it is my favorite game in the Mega Man Classic series, there are still ten good to excellent other ones I can still play.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Pokemon Platinum
Banjo-Kazooie

I think it's going to have to be Pokemon. There are still 4-5 other excellent Pokemon games I can play. Smash Ultimate is, well, ultimate, and no 3D platformer has been able to make me feel how Banjo-Kazooie still makes me feel even 22 years later.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Last of Us
GTA 3
The Witcher 3

Wow, it's really difficult to eliminate one. I guess GTA 3, but that depends...does this mean it is simply eliminated now or it never existed to begin with? If the game never existed, then there are potentially no 3D GTAs that came later and it basically created the open world genre. So that's a huge problem. But if it simply goes away now, that's no big loss. Lots of more modern GTAs.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Fallout New Vegas
Mass Effect 2
The Witcher

If I need to eliminate one, it would probably be The Witcher. Mass Effect is probably the best trilogy ever made, so we can't let disappear one part of this trilogy. Fallout New Vegas was my first RPG, so it is probably the most important game in my life.

The Witcher is an amazing game, but you can still enjoy The Witcher 2 if you haven't played the first one.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Paper Mario
The Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter: World

Honestly, I'd pick paper mario, because there are games like it that are very good that came out after like bug fables.

jrb

Nov 9, 2017
PES 6
Football Manager 2012
Horizon Zero Dawn

But is so unfair for some games that I love that could make the top 3 if I make the list again another day

cjn83

Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Doom
Monkey Island
TES IV: Oblivion

What was that other thing you wanted me to do now again?

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
Final Fantasy VIII
Chrono Trigger
Hellblade

I would choose hellblade because the other 2 jrps are just in my heart and in my memories . I can't let them go

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Last of Us
Breath of the Wild
Resident Evil 4

And I get rid of you, OP, for that second ultimatum you put on me.

Sep 23, 2018
Child Of Light
Thumper
Metal Gear Solid.

Sorry Thumper team and Brian Gibson. It's the only one I haven't completed. And the other two are just too damm important to me.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Ocarina of Time
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross

Would have to be Chrono Cross I guess, since the other two are among the most influential games of all time and gaming wouldn't be where it is today without them.

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout: NV
Medieval II
Unreal Tournament
I really... can't.
Maybe NV to not be depressed anymore that Obsidian won't make more games in the series anymore and the franchise was always made by Bethesda since 3.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Breath of the Wild
Metroid Prime
DOTA 2

I'll get rid of DOTA .. what you mean I've never played it? Who you my mum?

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
1. Dead Rising (Xbox360)
2. Zombies Ate My Neighbours (SNES)
3. Wonderboy (Arcade)

bye Wonderboy (Arcade)

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
- Bloodborne
- Final Fantasy X
- The Witcher 3

I can't believe I'm about to erase a japanese RPG, let alone freaking FFX, from existence. I thought I'm a JRPG fan? Damn, I bring shame to my family...

Well, at least Neptunia mk2 survives because it's lower on the list.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Silent Hill 2
Dark Souls
Deus Ex

I'd remove Deus Ex but only because there's plenty of places to get my immersive sim fix these days.

jmsebastian

Nov 14, 2019
It's hard enough picking the top three games, let alone getting rid of one.

Shadow of the Colossus
Shining Force II
Nier

Guess I'd have to cut Shining Force II. That one hurts.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Suikoden 2
Final Fantasy IX
Ni No Kuni

I'll remove FF IX, because it hasn't aged as well as the other two.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Starcraft
Warcraft 3
Breath of the Wild

I played both Starcraft and Warcraft 3 for years and years so I'm sorry to say that BotW, it was a good run but toodles.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Xenoblade
Metroid Prime
Breath of the Wild

Either Xenoblade or BOTW has to go, I don't care which. Metroid Prime would be more difficult to replace with something similar.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne
BioShock
Resident Evil 4

Peace out BioShock. I love ya but a world without Bloodborne and RE4 would just be too much to handle.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic 1
Life Is Strange
Dead Rising

Sorry Frank, but Dead Rising's gotta go. At least it means we wouldn't have to watch that decline.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Max Payne 2
Hitman: Contracts
Hotline Miami

I'd ditch Hitman: Contracts. Plenty of other great Hitman games to choose from.

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019
Shenmue II
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Tetris Effect

I would wipe Sonic, since there is Mania and 2 and some others to calm the itch :-).

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to even choose 3 games nevermind pick between them.

Maybe:

Vagrant Story
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Divinity Original Sin 2

I would have to choose Vagrant Story. Just in case SE decide to remake it or make a sequel that is inevitably half baked with awful story changes....

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Dark Souls
Warcraft 3

One of them has already been removed from existence basically 🙄

Tintoper

Apr 12, 2019
Journey
Jak and Daxter
Final Fantasy X

This is a difficult one. Journey probably inspired a tonne of games that I have really enjoyed. Both Jak and Daxter and FFX helped me through a chronic illness in my teenage years. I guess I'd get rid of Jak and Daxter as Naughty Dog probably would have made something else in a similar vein.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
But if it's erased from existence, it wouldn't matter right? Because then you wouldn't know if the game ever existed or not, so...

Oct 28, 2017
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
GTA San Andreas
Call of Duty World at War

That's mean as fuck, but I'd probably have to let go of the Witcher since the other two are more nostalgic for me.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Chrono Trigger
My first exposure to JRPGs, and still one of the best to this day.

Persona 4 Golden
My personal favorite installment in my favorite game series.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Such an amazing game on almost every level - the sense of discovery and exploration is unmatched.

It's tough, but if I had to ditch one it would probably be BotW. Chrono Trigger is irreplaceable, considering that the collection of talent that created it will likely never reconvene again; considering Nintendo is already working on BotW2, I have more faith in EAD to recapture what made the first game so great than I do in P-Studio (especially given Persona 5/R, which I didn't like as much as P4G). So I can play that instead.

FirLocke

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Kingdom Hearts II
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Actually had mild panic at the thought of wiping one of these out of existence. Replayed KH2 and FE:RD countless times growing up, and Curtain Call is my go to portable game/fave 3DS game/fave rhythm game.

....I guess.... theatrhythm....because it doesn't have a story.....and the music itself still exists....I guess....