• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US

Per Gematsu:
Bandai Namco has announced Namcot Collection for Switch. It will launch in June in Japan.

Namcot Collection is a collection featuring various Namcot titles. ("Namcot" was the brand name that Namco used for its console games publishing business from 1984 to 1995.) Each title will be available for purchase individually within the collection.

Here's the official site.

There's also a physical release. Nothing about a western release so far, though.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this is just the start and we get the trademarked Splatterhouse and Klonoa Collections that surfaced late last year.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I hope we get Klonoa on Switch or PlayStation again, someday!
I'll take a port of 1, or 2 or the remake of 1.
Or a new remake/collection, with the GBA games and Klonoa Heroes (never came to the West).
Or a new Klonoa game!

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this is just the start and we get the trademarked Splatterhouse and Klonoa Collections that surfaced late last year.
Klonoa collection would be amazing. Especially if they localized the WS game and the 3rd GBA game (which does have a fan translation). Also include the volleyball game for North America.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
We need:
Klonoa 1
Klonoa 2
Klonoa Volleyball
Klonoa Wonderswan
Klonoa 1 GBA
Klonoa 2 GBA
Klonoa Heroes
Klonoa 1 Wiimake

Bam Klonoa Collection, own the entire collection on your console of choice! :)

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I've said this elsewhere, but Wanpaku Graffiti finally getting a port is super cool. I'm looking forward to the collection.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Weird, is it going to be expandable? There's a shot of other box arts in there, such as Dig Dug, Valkyrie, Sky Kid, and even the original Megami Tensei (which was published by Namco). Or maybe they're just in a museum mode?

OP
OP
Tanuki-Go

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Weird, is it going to be expandable? There's a shot of other box arts in there, such as Dig Dug, Valkyrie, Sky Kid, and even the original Megami Tensei (which was published by Namco). Or maybe they're just in a museum mode?

I imagine those games are coming in the second wave.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I imagine those games are coming in the second wave.

Yeah, looking at the site now, it makes a little more sense. You get the initial download with the dino game and the rest are DLC. Would be easy to expand. I do wonder how the physical release will work, though. Maybe it'll include all of the first wave?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Finally a way to play Pac Man and Galaga!

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
What is it about the Switch that's drawing all the old school games?

You've got the ACA and Nightdive ports that are also coming to the other platforms, but Sega Ages seems to be focusing particularly on the Switch now, you've got this, you've got that Darius collection, the Mana collection, and so-on. There are also some ACA games that are essentially Switch-only (aside from Donkey Kong).

Apr 21, 2018
I hope we get Klonoa on Switch or PlayStation again, someday!
I'll take a port of 1, or 2 or the remake of 1.
Or a new remake/collection, with the GBA games and Klonoa Heroes (never came to the West).
Or a new Klonoa game!
We need:
Klonoa 1
Klonoa 2
Klonoa Volleyball
Klonoa Wonderswan
Klonoa 1 GBA
Klonoa 2 GBA
Klonoa Heroes
Klonoa 1 Wiimake

One of Klonoa's biggest fans right here, it seems.
I approve though. I definitely approve.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the splash image of the upcoming games:

Dt0NChH.jpg

Mappy is also basically confirmed since the music is remixed in that trailer (that and it's Mappy)

Pretty into this, I love the presentation, just hope it gets localized

Oct 27, 2017
We need:
Klonoa 1
Klonoa 2
Klonoa Volleyball
Klonoa Wonderswan
Klonoa 1 GBA
Klonoa 2 GBA
Klonoa Heroes
Klonoa 1 Wiimake

Listen, I'm right there with you, not to burst your bubble but I reckon this will mostly consist of games before 95 which is the reason they've named this collection Namcot in particular.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm worried that the absence of this from the international Direct means it's Japan only :/

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
One of Klonoa's biggest fans right here, it seems.
I approve though. I definitely approve.
Maybe not the biggest fan, but loved the games! I remember getting the first one from eBay for $80 disc only in 2005. I was wanting Klonoa back in Smash back in the Brawl days and even had forum signatures.
Listen, I'm right there with you, not to burst your bubble but I reckon this will mostly consist of games before 95 which is the reason they've named this collection Namcot in particular.
No worries, haha! I realize the collection isn't doing that, just loved Klonoa a lot growing up.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Lucky Bandai Namco, they were still able to maintain the rights to publish Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The NES port of Pac-Man again? I sleep.
Wagyan Land, Quinty/Mendel Palace, Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti? REAL SHIT

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017