• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
It's $3 if you have PS+ (80% off) or $6 if you don't (60% off). Here's the trailer.

As one of the developers, I'm biased, but let's see if I can't convince you anyway. :)

It's a turn-based sci-fi/fantasy RPG heavily inspired by Phantasy Star, Chrono Trigger, and Lunar: Eternal Blue. Great retro graphics, great soundtrack (nominated for best Retro/Chiptune soundtrack of 2017), and a killer & innovative combat system (which has even been mentioned a couple times in the Best JRPG Battle System of All-Time thread here). The game is about 15 hours long depending on which difficulty you pick (which can be changed freely) and has a fast pace which most people appreciate (but a few feel it moves too fast). It's currently sitting at a 90% positive user score on Steam.

boughten.

somehow i missed this. i've loved Zeboyd games since playing the Penny Arcade games!

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
So the Spider-Man DLC is finally on sale ... for $25 canadian ...
Would anyone say it's worth that ?

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my first 4K HDR set, hows Frozen Wilds on it? Beat base game years ago but never played DLC. Is it easily accessible? Like a single point on map you go to?

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my first 4K HDR set, hows Frozen Wilds on it? Beat base game years ago but never played DLC. Is it easily accessible? Like a single point on map you go to?
It's kind of like an expansion. It adds to the existing map and you can leave and return like any other spot on the map. It has mission markers like the main game, and its own side quests and what not. It's also more challenging than the main game. Most say it looks even better than the main game because the team improved their facial animations for the DLC and of course very nice snow (which you can do an animated snow angel in photo mode if you really want to).

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Is the season pass for 40k inquistor worth it?

I got the main game from a gamefly sale but it has yet to ship.

Added spintires to my life....again.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
10-19,99 range is really meh

I really wanted Yakuza Kiwami 2 on sale

I'm between Dishonored 2 or Prey.

People say a lot of really great things about Prey 2, but I'm afraid that Dishonored may offer more gameplay variety

For what it's worth I thought prey was better. Especially if you care about the story and/ or prefer scifi setting.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
So what's the difference between the Rondo/SOTN bundle and the SOTN PS1 classic? Does the bundle's SOTN have any extras?
So the Spider-Man DLC is finally on sale ... for $25 canadian ...
Would anyone say it's worth that ?
That's about how much it was for all 3 here in the US when it wasn't on sale. I thought all 3 episodes were brilliant. If you liked Yuri, then you'll especially love them.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah really? It seems Live gets shit on a lot more than 2k, but I'd heard it was better this year. Would you say for a sports game noob like me just getting hyped for the playoffs it'll be a fun time then?
Got both and it depends. If you like a more arcadey feel and great single player sport rpg then Live is better (mtx is separated and only used on ultimate team, which is great), if you want more simulation and better game overall then go with NBA2k (it has shitty mtx which plaques nearly every mode).

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Time to renew my PS+. I've been annoyed by so many significant discounts locked behind a sub, even though I'm not playing online much I'd probably save more than $45 in a year by having it.

How's Superbeat: Xonic?
Better than Persona Dancing but that isn't saying much. I'm not a big fan of that style. For $10 on Vita's that decent, I wouldn't play on big screen personally though.

Second the above post, I'd rather get DJ Max Respect.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I am contemplating picking up at least a couple from this list. Would be grateful if they share their personal insight or opinion on the games:

• ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2nd Runner - M∀RS - Never played a single mech game in my life before
  • Outcast - Second Contact - Never played the OG and it has strong Star Wars (well, KoTOR) + Stargate vibe
  • Moonlighter - Looks cute, all about that lack of ethical consumption under capitalism
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Yet to finish the first base game

Any 1 ?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Probably gonna pick up Castlevania and Warriors of the Lost Empire on PSP - anyone got any experience with the latter?

Anyway, my Vita recommendations:

Akiba's Beat isn't as bad as people make out. It's generic, but there's definitely fun to be had in there.

Deemo isn't the most amazing rhythm game ever, but it's charming and features some beautiful music.

Hyperdevotion Noire is one of the better Neptunia spinoffs in my opinion. It's a simplistic SRPG but a lot of fun.

The Jak & Daxter Collection gets a lot of shit for being a poor port and it definitely is - but the games are playable and still do this day some of the best 3D action platformers of all time.

Metal Gear Solid 2 I just finished playing and is a stunning port of a stunning game. I was so happy to have this one on a handheld.

Neon Chrome is probably 10tons best game, a unique twin stick shooter set in a dystopian world. Performance gets a bit choppy but otherwise its great.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus is a game everyone must know about by now, but I'd still recommend it - a fanservice brawler with surprisingly decent combat.

Teslagrad is a truly stunning indie 2D exploration platformer and definitely one of the best I've played on Vita.

Trillion: God of Destruction is definitely one of Vita's hidden gems and for the price it's going for here, is definitely worth trying if you want something a little different.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Probably just gonna resub to PS+. I've been doing good this year working on my backlog, haven't bought a single game yet. Gonna keep the streak going as long as I can. Still have enough games to last me like 6 months, maybe more since one of them is Persona 5. If I like that one, it sounds like a game that will take me 2 months alone.

Nov 8, 2017
Grabbed NBA Live 19 because WHY NOT.

Already got my $3.99 worth from playing a game and browsing the Ultimate Team cards available and having memories of the Jailblazers of old.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I am contemplating picking up at least a couple from this list. Would be grateful if they share their personal insight or opinion on the games:

• ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2nd Runner - M∀RS - Never played a single mech game in my life before
  • Outcast - Second Contact - Never played the OG and it has strong Star Wars (well, KoTOR) + Stargate vibe
  • Moonlighter - Looks cute, all about that lack of ethical consumption under capitalism
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Yet to finish the first base game

ZoE2 is a fine action game and a beloved PS2 classic. Worth checking out.

Outcast was notable in the advent of the 3D GPU card revolution in the early 00's. I never played it though.

Moonlighter kind of bored me fast. Nice pixel art and music, but the loop got tiring very quickly I found.

Wolfenstein Old Blood. Not as good as the first game. Some did enjoy it, but eh...don't expect anything to stand out, the shooting is still the same(tinny and lightweight if you ask me), short with unmemorable plotting. But it's ok for what it is.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Really tempted on borderlands vr. Anyone know how the aim controller feels with it? Is it worth ~$38?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
ZoE2 is a fine action game and a beloved PS2 classic. Worth checking out.

Outcast was notable in the advent of the 3D GPU card revolution in the early 00's. I never played it though.

Moonlighter kind of bored me fast. Nice pixel art and music, but the loop got tiring very quickly I found.

Wolfenstein Old Blood. Not as good as the first game. Some did enjoy it, but eh...don't expect anything to stand out, the shooting is still the same(tinny and lightweight if you ask me), short with unmemorable plotting. But it's ok for what it is.

A big thank you mate!

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

I just beat Moonlighter a week ago. It is a very fun game but the game loop gets a bit boring by the time you reach Dungeon #4.

With that said, it does have plenty of interesting things about it and I found it to be quite an enjoyable 2d zelda-ish game. The combat was enjoyable as well, even if I only used a Sword and Shield the whole time.

I'd definitely buy it for $5-$10, and even though I paid more than that for it, I didn't feel like I got cheated out of my money.

I got the trophy for beating it in less than 10 hours on my first playthrough.

Edit: Also, the devs are still updating the game and recently just patched it to add mini-bosses to all the dungeons & combat pets. So it is still getting plenty of support and additional game mechanics.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I just beat Moonlighter a week ago. It is a very fun game but the game loop gets a bit boring by the time you reach Dungeon #4.

With that said, it does have plenty of interesting things about it and I found it to be quite an enjoyable 2d zelda-ish game. The combat was enjoyable as well, even if I only used a Sword and Shield the whole time.

I'd definitely buy it for $5-$10, and even though I paid more than that for it, I didn't feel like I got cheated out of my money.

I got the trophy for beating it in less than 10 hours on my first playthrough.

Thank you for the feedback.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10-19,99 range is really meh

I really wanted Yakuza Kiwami 2 on sale

I'm between Dishonored 2 or Prey.

People say a lot of really great things about Prey 2, but I'm afraid that Dishonored may offer more gameplay variety
If you like System Shock and Deus Ex, Prey is better, it's honestly one of the best game played this gen. Dishonored 2 is great too especially if you like the Dishonored gameplay loop. These games are always on sale, there's a bundle which includes Dishonored 2, dlc, and Prey 2, it's the best $30 I spent so it might resurface and might be cheaper even

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I'm noting THQ Nordic/Deep Silver games in the OP for those wanting to avoid those games, so let me know if I missed anything since they have a ton of games in this sale.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
It's $3 if you have PS+ (80% off) or $6 if you don't (60% off). Here's the trailer.

As one of the developers, I'm biased, but let's see if I can't convince you anyway. :)

It's a turn-based sci-fi/fantasy RPG heavily inspired by Phantasy Star, Chrono Trigger, and Lunar: Eternal Blue. Great retro graphics, great soundtrack (nominated for best Retro/Chiptune soundtrack of 2017), and a killer & innovative combat system (which has even been mentioned a couple times in the Best JRPG Battle System of All-Time thread here). The game is about 15 hours long depending on which difficulty you pick (which can be changed freely) and has a fast pace which most people appreciate (but a few feel it moves too fast). It's currently sitting at a 90% positive user score on Steam.

Just bought it. Thanks for your comment!

And it seems to be cross-buy too, which is great! I think I'll give it a go on my Vita.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
I wanna get some new games for my VR, it's been a long while since the last I turned it on, my eyes are on Moss and DOOM.. however, I feel like I've seen Moss for less than 20 bucks somewhere before? So I dunno, I might wait for better deal, same with DOOM

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to get ZotE2 : The Second Runner when I have the PS3 collection already? I don't have VR either.