• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Final Fantasy XII?
ETMNe.gif

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
grabbed nex machina and nba live 19

was really hoping for a celeste and hollow knight sale tho šŸ˜­

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017

i scanned through and looked to see if anyone else commented,also i'm in the UK but that isn't true for me.

i saw the title thread and thought i would check on the UK store where the 25% off 12 months is also running but signing in makes it unavailable with the reason being that i already have PS+ (until march 2020).it might be different for US customers,i don't know.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For those that have Bestbuy they have the same deal on the 12 month sub. I just bought it and used a couple of certificates I had to sweeten the deal.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is cosmic star heroine worth $4?

I'm looking for an above average experience(I'd feel like it'd be a waste of my time if I'm going through the motions of some jrpg, it's how I felt about DQ11).

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
10-19,99 range is really meh

I really wanted Yakuza Kiwami 2 on sale

I'm between Dishonored 2 or Prey.

People say a lot of really great things about Prey 2, but I'm afraid that Dishonored may offer more gameplay variety

Both have really great gameplay variety. There is something in Prey that I'm not a fan of, so for me Dishonored 2 is the better game, but you can't go wrong with either.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
i scanned through and looked to see if anyone else commented,also i'm in the UK but that isn't true for me.

i saw the title thread and thought i would check on the UK store where the 25% off 12 months is also running but signing in makes it unavailable with the reason being that i already have PS+ (until march 2020).it might be different for US customers,i don't know.
I just checked and it seems to show up fine for me when I got up to the point of confirming the purchase with that same price.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Are any of the PS2 era Rockstar ports worth the tenner for them? Specifically Bully, San Andreas and Vice City

All three of those are classics. Vice City is the most dated, but also my favorite. Vice City and San Andreas do have some music missing from the original releases, but in the case of Vice City the most noticeable tracks removed are the Michael Jackson ones which might not matter so much to folks anymore.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No sale for Front Mission 3, Suikoden 3 or Arc the Lad 2. Boooooooooooo!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Zone of Enders 2 any good in VR? I also wish the From Software VR game had a bigger discount.

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
Sony math.
Metal Gear Collection Vita $9.89
Or
MGS2 $3.74, MGS3 $3.74 totaling $7.48

Does the collection have anything different?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Feels like a real long time since NA Sony sent out one of those 20% coupons, or gave $15 back for a $100 spend. They used to combine lovely with a sale like this.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
is cosmic star heroine worth $4?

I'm looking for an above average experience(I'd feel like it'd be a waste of my time if I'm going through the motions of some jrpg, it's how I felt about DQ11).

It's $3 if you have PS+ (80% off) or $6 if you don't (60% off). Here's the trailer.

As one of the developers, I'm biased, but let's see if I can't convince you anyway. :)

It's a turn-based sci-fi/fantasy RPG heavily inspired by Phantasy Star, Chrono Trigger, and Lunar: Eternal Blue. Great retro graphics, great soundtrack (nominated for best Retro/Chiptune soundtrack of 2017), and a killer & innovative combat system (which has even been mentioned a couple times in the Best JRPG Battle System of All-Time thread here). The game is about 15 hours long depending on which difficulty you pick (which can be changed freely) and has a fast pace which most people appreciate (but a few feel it moves too fast). It's currently sitting at a 90% positive user score on Steam.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Sony math.
Metal Gear Collection Vita $9.89
Or
MGS2 $3.74, MGS3 $3.74 totaling $7.48

Does the collection have anything different?
That's Konami math since they pick the prices. They put the bundle at a lesser discount than the individual games, so it breaks their pricing there. The PS3 versions don't have this issue since the bundle price is an appropriate discount for all three games.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
It's $3 if you have PS+ (80% off) or $6 if you don't (60% off). Here's the trailer.

As one of the developers, I'm biased, but let's see if I can't convince you anyway. :)

It's a turn-based sci-fi/fantasy RPG heavily inspired by Phantasy Star, Chrono Trigger, and Lunar: Eternal Blue. Great retro graphics, great soundtrack (nominated for best Retro/Chiptune soundtrack of 2017), and a killer & innovative combat system (which has even been mentioned a couple times in the Best JRPG Battle System of All-Time thread here). The game is about 15 hours long depending on which difficulty you pick (which can be changed freely) and has a fast pace which most people appreciate (but a few feel it moves too fast). It's currently sitting at a 90% positive user score on Steam.

Looks awesome! Just picked it up along with Castlevania.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up the following for the Vita:
  • Cosmic Star Heroine
  • Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds
  • Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
  • Mary Skelter: Nightmares
$18 and change after tax!

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
EDF5 for $30 is tempting.

although Iron Rain is coming out in less than a month.....

EDF 5 is crazy good, definitely best one released so far. 110 missions, new enemies, refined characters. Like 4.1 but even better!

I am getting Iron Rain but some things to note about it is its made by another developer, around 50 missions and each character has stamina. Its a little different then the core series but it does have a story and graphics more in line with today's games.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Cool! You convinced me. It's only $4(this was a CAD amount), so not too risky. I liked PSIV and love Chrono and have been itching for JRPGs. It's not too long either, I actually would prefer shorter than longer(since longer a lot of the times isn't justified and is instead slow pacing and filler grinds).

Thanks!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I am contemplating picking up at least a couple from this list. Would be grateful if they share their personal insight or opinion on the games:

• ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2nd Runner - Māˆ€RS - Never played a single mech game in my life before
  • Outcast - Second Contact - Never played the OG and it has strong Star Wars (well, KoTOR) + Stargate vibe
  • Moonlighter - Looks cute, all about that lack of ethical consumption under capitalism
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Yet to finish the first base game

chiraledge

Oct 25, 2017

Just bought it! :)