• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
So many solid discounts. I'm so fcking broke. Sony stahp!
Same. I want to play Death Stranding so badly.
Sorry brehs :S
People really shouldn't sleep on Judgment.

It's a very good game with an amazing detective story and a great cast of characters. The amount of side content both new and returning from Yakuza series is also really good.
This is next on my list of purchases, I may still get it while it's on the discount so I don't forget. I just started Jedi and bought Control, so it will be a minute. Let alone I still want to finish Outer Worlds, play Wattam...Outer Wilds...oh god

e: I just remembered I didn't even finish Yakuza 0 FAK
has Fallen Order received the patches to make it a worthwhile purchase? I remember hearing it was super buggy and glitchy at launch.
It has been patched up. I've only played about 90 minutes so far and it's fine on PS4 slim. I have noticed pop in, but it hasn't taken away from the gameplay so far.

soul

Oct 27, 2017
I already had KH3 and KH 1.5+2.5 in my backlog, so I saved $3 and got KH 2.8 final chapter instead of KH AIO.

Also used the opportunity to grab Days Gone and FFVIII Remaster.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wasn't expecting my cart would be so.. much.

Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC Bundle ($9.99 CDN)
Gravity Rush 2 ($14.99 CDN, wish I bought it when it was like $8 lol)
SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS ($14.99 CDN)
Tom Clancy's The Division ($13.37, was gonna get some DLC but I'll just enjoy the story/atmosphere)

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 ($15.99 CDN))
DEX ($0.99 CDN), it's a buck.. why not XD)
Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online: (Would of prefered it physical, but for $10.69 CDN) okay)
DOOM ($ 8.09 CDN)
Megadimension Neptunia VIIR (Would of profered this physical too but.. can't pass up $10.69 CDN)

Is what my cart looks like, with this sale and the one ending tomorrow.

Also plan to grab Resident Evil 2 Remake physical, and I'm hoping to grab Control physical on sale. But those can wait until I'm done with Star Wars Fallen Order.

Last edited:

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I want to get Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, and Yakuza 0 since they're all $10 now but I have a feeling they'll end up on PS Plus and I already have enough of a backlog to last me until next year...probably next century if I added up all my mini consoles.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Youngblood isn't a bad game, but it was disappointing for me. The story and most of the characters were largely forgettable, and the actual gameplay and shooting mechanics felt and played good, but still didn't feel as great as the other Wolf titles. Also, moving through Paris gets repetitive after a while with how often enemies respawn (it got to the point where I ran through most of them and just rushed to the next location.) I don't know if I'd recommend playing the game solo, it might be more fun if you're playing with somebody else.

Nov 21, 2017
Hell yeah Tetris Effect was on sale. I picked it up and My Time at Portia. Couple other games on my wishlist are on sale butt my backlog is already long enough plus I think they can get even cheaper next year.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Finally got electronauts and Sprint vector. Between those and ring fit a lot of looking stupid in the next few days.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
This round of games stays on sale till the 17th? That's what it said on the listing for some of them. I've got like ten things I'm buying and I'm looking to split it over two pay checks

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
I picked up witcher 3 expansion pass as I just finished the main campaign, then I got box vr as I heard it is a decent workout game and the gf wanted to try it. Well good news is the game is fun and might help me get into a decent workout routine. I'm so sore. Haha

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't expecting my cart would be so.. much. ($100+ CDN)

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS: $14.99
Tom Clancy's The Division™ Gold Edition: $23.37
The Division 2: $15.99
Dragon Age™: Inquisition DLC Bundle: $9.99
Gravity Rush™ 2: $14.99
DOOM: $8.09
Megadimension Neptunia VIIR: $10.69
Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online: $10.69

Is there any point in The Division Gold Edition? I won't bother with Last Stand, Survival may not be my thing, so not really sure if the extra tenner is worth it.

Still also planning on importing a physical copy of RE2R for $30-ish, and I'm hoping for a sale on Control physical. Star Wars Jedi is staring at me, too. Bah.

Honestly there is no point in The Division at all. The Division 2 is the superior game and you don't really need to know that much from the first one at all to enjoy the game. Save yourself the 24 bucks.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Honestly there is no point in The Division at all. The Division 2 is the superior game and you don't really need to know that much from the first one at all to enjoy the game. Save yourself the 24 bucks.

Eh you'd find a lot of Division people, myself included, that would say the first game is better in a few ways. The atmosphere is just incredible.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I want to get Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, and Yakuza 0 since they're all $10 now but I have a feeling they'll end up on PS Plus and I already have enough of a backlog to last me until next year...probably next century if I added up all my mini consoles.

I've been waiting on Shadow because of that as well.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I played the original for $40

Clocked 75 hours in and is my first platinum ever

Love the combat, character interaction and music - story might not be as fleshed out as previous ff games but the character interactions between the main cast makes up for it imo

The original OST is one of my most fav in th series and even though the combat is done by circle button - still enjoyable,l and satisfying

I beat the game back in 2017 so prior to the royal pack release

This year I bought the royal pack for $7.50, season pass for $7.50 and the Ardyn dlc for $5 - which I will be playing soon.

—-

If you want here's a summary of my review I made back in 2017

Pros
+Great and engaging combat system
+Great character interactions and cutscenes
+Fantastic OST that also consists of songs from different FF games
+A lot of fanservice for those that have a long history and nostalgia of the game series through items, monsters, etc
+Very lengthy, takes about 45 to 50 hours to complete at normal mode
+Consists of a lot of sidequests, hunts and optional dungeons which increase replay value
+New Game+ is available
+Multiple difficulty modes
+Decent number of mini games such as Justice monsters and fishing
+Social media options such as uploading photos taken

Cons
-Magic system and summon system are not as great as previous FF games (summons are done rarely and magic you create or combine with items/elements)
-A lot of plot holes and off screen events between characters
-Major storyline involving major characters tied to DLC
-Some glitches occur where it prevents you from completing a sidequest
-Plot is weakly explained through NPCs which you have to get near and is at random at some parts alongside a lot of reading some items on throughout the game's locations
-A lot of updates which can be annoying especially if you are playing through the game and it changes something drastically.
-Driving mechanics are horrible and are on rails
-Some visual aspects look like last gen (PS3 gen or even from PSP gen)
-Some voiceovers are hard to understand due to music playing over the conversations
-Special events such as Chocobo Moogle Carnival, can only be accessed at certain times during event periods

cheers for your reply - and everyone else who has chimed in, too!

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yakuza 0 is $10, folks. Main characters, what do you think of that?

dbd.gif

fdc.gif

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Hyper Light Drifter goes on sale for round 2. It's on sale right now on Steam but I legit check to see if it's on sale almost every week on PSN

Oct 25, 2017

True, but the Christmas atmosphere is BEAUTIFUL.

Blows Division 2 world out of the water. IMO.

So there is some value there for the single player maybe. But yeah, 24 bucks is probably still too high.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Some great sales, really want to pick up Star Wars but can't risk that my kids purchased it for me for xmas

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
How is Division 1 as a single player game? I heard a lot of enemies are big enough bullet sponges that it's not great for solo play, but I also heard Destiny sucked as a single player game and I loved it.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Picked ups for Round 1.

Days Gone
Crash
Hellblade
EDF 5
Fox n Forrests
Zombie Vikings

Possible Round 2 in my cue

EDF IR
Medievil
Ys 8
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yooka Laylee IL

This sale is ridiculous. Can't say no to good deals despite the backlog.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the sale I think I'll be picking up Children of Morta and Ys

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I think I'm gonna cave on the Kingdom Hearts all in one, guys. What am I getting into, lord have mercy.

In my mind it's justified because if I get any psn cards for Xmas I'll just use them to preorder FFVII remake.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I picked up witcher 3 expansion pass as I just finished the main campaign, then I got box vr as I heard it is a decent workout game and the gf wanted to try it. Well good news is the game is fun and might help me get into a decent workout routine. I'm so sore. Haha
Is it better to get the digital bundle that'd like $35? I may wait until it's like 20 bucks for the 1st 3 games lol.