• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I have only played one Atelier game and I enjoyed it but hated the time limit portion (I play an old Arland game).

One of the reasons I was interested in Ryza is because I heard they took out the harsh time management penalties. But I'm glad to hear you recommend it. I am 100% going to buy it before the end of the year, I was just waiting to see how little I could pay for it when I do haha.

I hate time limits too and this one lists the time and it passes as you play but there are no time limits or deadlines or anything like that. The time is listed...just because I guess lol. You can take as long as you want to do everything and that's what I am doing - enjoying the game at a leisurely pace on my terms :)

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I am eyeing Death Stranding for 40 bucks but I'm just not sure if I am going to love it or hate it?!

Also I missed out on The Division 2 but it's $11.99 which is crazy. I only played the first game a little and liked what I played. I love looter shooters but only play solo so am not sure if OT would be good for me or not...

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Already have the psysical version of Doom, but I'll get the digital version for commodity.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I have $50 PSN credit and I am struggling to choose whether to get Judgment at $30 and have $20 leftover or to get the Yakuza Remastered Collection (3/4/5) which will kit be on sale anytime soon and spending another $10 out of pocket. Any suggestions?

Oct 25, 2017
I have $50 PSN credit and I am struggling to choose whether to get Judgment at $30 and have $20 leftover or to get the Yakuza Remastered Collection (3/4/5) which will kit be on sale anytime soon and spending another $10 out of pocket. Any suggestions?
You gonna get to all of them anytime soon? Probably can wait alil longer for a deeper cut and get judgment(my top 5 of the year its great)
Basically the same sale it had a few weeks ago.

My question: is it worth it?
honestly? No

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who or where should i contact if i just bought Control just before the sales??

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Im really just waiting for a few fighting games..... fantasy strike, King of fighters, possibly Blazblue cross tag battle

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
I would hate it if my Pro got herpes.

You run the risk of getting either a photocopied image of a game from Redbox or a completely scratched up disc (both of which have happened to me). It's also nothing but the disc, no case, no anything else.

Gamers being unhygenic is just the cherry on top, really. I'd rather not deal with that and wait for a sale on a new copy.

As it is, you can get Death Stranding right now for 35 and FO is steadily dropping in price.

Last edited:

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Hmmm, either Judgment or Ace Combat...

Help me choose! I've played a few of the Yakuza games so I know what I'm in for with Judgment. Never played an Ace Combat game before.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hmmm, either Judgment or Ace Combat...

Help me choose! I've played a few of the Yakuza games so I know what I'm in for with Judgment. Never played an Ace Combat game before.
I haven't played Judgement, but go with Ace Combat, I never care for AC but you can really feel the quality of this AC. Each mission feels distinct and memorable, the scenario the game had you do is very cool. It's a worthwhile game especially if you like to just try new genres that you're not familiar with.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Question about Control.

Is it worth it right now on a pro? I heard mixed impressions after launch due to the performance issues.

Also, why is the 40 dollar version listed as a bundle? Originally I thought it came with the season pass but that does not seem to be the case.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Question about Control.

Is it worth it right now on a pro? I heard mixed impressions after launch due to the performance issues.

Also, why is the 40 dollar version listed as a bundle? Originally I thought it came with the season pass but that does not seem to be the case.
I just got it, it comes with a theme and something else, not the season pass.

I've got a slim so we'll see how it goes.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Question about Control.

Honestly dawg I heard so much stuff about framerates and such but was so interested in the story that I said fuck it Imma just get it on my base ps4 and see and truth be told I've had a blast with it and yeah there are issues but it aint that bad unless you're super sensitive to that kind of stuff and I'd only imagine its better on a pro so I say go for it!

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
XCOM 2 WotC is really tempting. Any performance impression on PS4 pro (with ssd) ?
Problem is not so much performance but stability. The game crashes a lot. So much. And it has a tendency to corrupt save files when it does.

Which is not to say that performance isn't a problem. Game runs like shit, but because of the nature of the game it is still eminently playable. It's just that the constant crashes are a much bigger problem.

If you have a PC that can run the game, go with that instead.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I am eyeing Death Stranding for 40 bucks but I'm just not sure if I am going to love it or hate it?!

Also I missed out on The Division 2 but it's $11.99 which is crazy. I only played the first game a little and liked what I played. I love looter shooters but only play solo so am not sure if OT would be good for me or not...
It's playable solo, everything but the raids had matchmaking last time I was on.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Wish there was an easy to parse list.

Anyway, I'll be picking up Judgment and probably one other game.