• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
How does Ghost play on a standard PS4? I've definitely been thinking of picking it up, but if it chugs i might skip it till i have a ps5.. The graphics seem like such a big part of it, i'd hate to lose the full experience.

oldyella

Oct 27, 2017
Does FF7Remake Digital work on PS5 and will Nioh 1 and 2 be upgraded to the remastered versions or do you need to buy the remastered copies.
Someone already responded on FF7 Remake; as for Nioh, not sure what will happen with the part 1 remaster, but if you own Nioh 2 and any of the dlc, you get the Nioh 2 PS5 remaster for free when it releases.

Oct 27, 2017
How does Ghost play on a standard PS4? I've definitely been thinking of picking it up, but if it chugs i might skip it till i have a ps5.. The graphics seem like such a big part of it, i'd hate to lose the full experience.

I believe there are very minor dips in the Quality mode but the "Performance" mode is a steady 30 fps iirc

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
How is soul calibur 6 ?? Is it worth it to get the deluxe edition ? Also how is the situation with the DLC , do all accounts get to play the dlc or is it like the shitshow that is SF5 where only the purchasing accoun get to enjoy the dlc ?

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to look at the PSN sale page and filter by alphabetical? I seem to remember you could do this up until recently. I hate when its just an endless list of random shit.

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Godfall is almost cheap enough for me to pull the trigger.

I like Watch Dogs Legion's price but I don't like the negative impressions I've read in the OT. I'll wait for now.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
A pretty decent sale overall.
Will most likely buy FFVII Remake and Fallen Order so I can let go of my physical copies.
I'll probably pick up Immortals as well.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
This is unrelated to the sale, but has anyone ever turned on their PS5 and been asked to set their 4k settings again?

What does this mean? Nothing else is wrong from appearances.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
for people who played both what you guys think?
imortals or Valhalla To play on PS5?
i normally prefer more realistic graphics and more serious tone but I really didn't like all the bloat in odyssey.
One of this 2 games has more varied or scripted mission design in some missions or both are the classic missions from the last Ubisoft games from clear some area the way you want or kill a specific target ( rinse and repeat).

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
May I please implore you guys to stop buying games that come with the Now subscription? I know you don't want to subscribe, but please save yourselves some money.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Have there been any improvements at all since the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles debacles a few months ago? $20 is my sweet spot, but nobody I know plays it, and if matchmaking is bad then I may not bother.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
Ever since I improved a bit while playing Demon Souls I have now purchased all of the Souls games. I also today, since it was on sale, picked up Nioh. Is it any good? Is it comparable to Dark Souls?

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
for people who played both what you guys think?
imortals or Valhalla To play on PS5?
i normally prefer more realistic graphics and more serious tone but I really didn't like all the bloat in odyssey.
One of this 2 games has more varied or scripted mission design in some missions or both are the classic missions from the last Ubisoft games from clear some area the way you want or kill a specific target ( rinse and repeat).

I've put a decent amount of time into both and I also finished Odyssey's main story and a bit of Atlantis. I think I am enjoying Immortals more.

Valhalla is fine, I enjoy the slower heavier feel of the combat vs Odyssey's snappier combat. I also appreciate the quick and concise stories contained in the side missions in Valhalla.

Immortals is just more enjoyable to me. I want to find more Lairs and hidden chests to figure out. That's it I think. I enjoy the puzzles and solving them in Immortals. There is some of that in Valhalla with figuring out how to get in some buildings but it's not as fun.

Immortals was actually why I stopped playing Valhalla. I'm going to go back eventually but having much more fun with Immortals.

FWIW I also finished WD Legion before playing either and found it pretty enjoyable overall. I used primarily one agent for the entire game... so that part of the initial sales pitch/idea never really felt necessary (all the possible agents).

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Ever since I improved a bit while playing Demon Souls I have now purchased all of the Souls games. I also today, since it was on sale, picked up Nioh. Is it any good? Is it comparable to Dark Souls?

It's more than good. It's fantastic, though it's similar in some ways to Dark Souls (tough but fair difficulty, awesome bosses, emphasis on stamina management and animation priority, you lose your "souls" when you die and have one chance to get them back, "bonfires" that reset enemies when you rest in them, opening shortcuts through levels, etc), it is also different. It's much more focused on combat than Dark Souls (it feels like a mix between Souls and character action) and it also has a loot component that is unlike to anything in the Soul series (it's actually closer to Diablo in that sense).

Last edited:

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
It's more than good. It's fantastic, though it's similar in some ways to Dark Souls (tough but fair difficulty, awesome bosses, emphasis on stamina management and animation priority, you lose your "souls" when you die and have one chance to get them back, "bonfires" that reset enemies when you rest in them, opening shortcuts through levels, etc), it is also different. It's much more focused on combat than Dark Souls (it feels like a mix between Souls and character action) and it also has a loot component that is unlike to anything in the Soul series (it's actually closer to Diablo in that sense).

Thanks for the great reply

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bought Kentucky Route Zero, Untitled Goose Game and The Walking Dead Series (that one as a Christmas gift for my fiancé)

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I've put a decent amount of time into both and I also finished Odyssey's main story and a bit of Atlantis. I think I am enjoying Immortals more.

Valhalla is fine, I enjoy the slower heavier feel of the combat vs Odyssey's snappier combat. I also appreciate the quick and concise stories contained in the side missions in Valhalla.

Immortals is just more enjoyable to me. I want to find more Lairs and hidden chests to figure out. That's it I think. I enjoy the puzzles and solving them in Immortals. There is some of that in Valhalla with figuring out how to get in some buildings but it's not as fun.

Immortals was actually why I stopped playing Valhalla. I'm going to go back eventually but having much more fun with Immortals.

FWIW I also finished WD Legion before playing either and found it pretty enjoyable overall. I used primarily one agent for the entire game... so that part of the initial sales pitch/idea never really felt necessary (all the possible agents).

thanks for the impressions.