• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Combat is miles and miles ahead of Ass Creed though. Feels great and there's some new ideas that really work.

The gameplay as a whole builds on some things they did with Infamous and borrows some from Arkham and Ass Creed.
The combat is definitely tighter than any AC game for sure. that's why I said it mechanically stronger.

Speaking of the combat, I played on the highest difficulty and it's a shame that it just boils down to 'spam triangle'. Wish it allowed for more player expression versatile beyond special moves and items. Like grab moves or even another melee weapon. Half way through, the combat was no longer engaging for me.

Which new ideas are you referring to? I'm guessing you mean the wind and the foxes/birds? At first I thought they'd be cool but then playing the game it just sucks all the fun out exploring since the wind/foxes/birds just do the exploring for you.

I really wish I could have disabled all of that :/

Don't mean to sound overly negative. In fact, I ended the game feeling the same as I felt with GoW and Horizon Zero Dawn, that the sequel should be easily better. Lots of potential.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Playstation Store site broken for anyone else? Feels like it's been more broken than not lately jeeze

TimeDevourer

Feb 24, 2018
I just bought Fallen Order, RE3, and Doom Eternal on sale like a week ago maybe? Really hoping they aren't discounted further...knew I should've waited for a holiday sale. :(

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Combat is miles and miles ahead of Ass Creed though. Feels great and there's some new ideas that really work.

The gameplay as a whole builds on some things they did with Infamous and borrows some from Arkham and Ass Creed.

Combat is more polished in GoT but there is also a lot less variety since it's only sword gameplay and pretty much all fights played out the same way. AC games at least have good weapon variety which have different movesets. I actually find AC games more engaging because of that.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The combat is definitely tighter than any AC game for sure. that's why I said it mechanically stronger.

Speaking of the combat, I played on the highest difficulty and it's a shame that it just boils down to 'spam triangle'. Wish it allowed for more player expression versatile beyond special moves and items. Like grab moves or even another melee weapon. Half way through, the combat was no longer engaging for me.

Which new ideas are you referring to? I'm guessing you mean the wind and the foxes/birds? At first I thought they'd be cool but then playing the game it just sucks all the fun out exploring since the wind/foxes/birds just do the exploring for you.

I really wish I could have disabled all of that :/

Don't mean to sound overly negative. In fact, I ended the game feeling the same as I felt with GoW and Horizon Zero Dawn, that the sequel should be easily better. Lots of potential.
New ideas that come to mind is the standoff mechanic and stance switches that really fit the vibe and go a long way in mixing things up. Then it borrows some of the best aspects of Arkham with stealth/action, crowd control, and gadget use. A full bow & arrow system with the focus aiming you see in a few games, including Infamous. Then it has a solid parry system for all the skill based players. It all adds up to something very impressive.

I guess you could get away with sticking to something basic that works, but the game leaves a ton of options to play with.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Might have to pull the trigger on Crash 4 even though I want to wait for a PC version. Too bad there aren't any PS5 enhancements.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories is part of the sale, seems to be on sale on the EGS but I don't really play games on PC much. I've always wanted to try the series and I have a little PSN credit

Richy78

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question if anyone can help me.

I have SFV on disc and bought the championship edition dlc, if I buy the digital version of SFV will if work? I'm done with physical and could give the disk to a friend.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
End of year sale better have something more than 20%. Not holding my breath for many Japan titles but want to pick up ffxii so I don't have to use the disc

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Immortals better be on this otherwise I'm gonna start to regret having gone digital only ps5

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want Crash 4, Ghost of Tsushima and FF7, but I know they will have re releases on PS5 so... I don't know, at the moment I have enough with Demons Souls and Spider Man Ultimate arriving this week...
Must resissssssst!!!

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
End of year sale better have something more than 20%. Not holding my breath for many Japan titles but want to pick up ffxii so I don't have to use the disc
Yeah, I wouldn't mind finally getting a digital of that if the price gets low enough. It's always been a little high so far for me to double dip since I do have the disc.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I'll probably just pick up Avengers. Already played a lot on Xbox One but it'll be nice to go through the campaign at a solid framerate

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question if anyone can help me.

I have SFV on disc and bought the championship edition dlc, if I buy the digital version of SFV will if work? I'm done with physical and could give the disk to a friend.
Yea you should be good championship edition unlocks everything so far regardless of what verison you have. I think at worst you'll see an update somebody here might know better tho

Colasante

Nov 5, 2017
Maybe I missed something, but are you no longer able to buy PS3 games on PSN anymore? I saw that the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was on sale for Xbox and was hoping to pick it up on PSN, but it's not even listed anymore.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima already has as PS5 upgrade/patch or just runs in boost mode?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Maybe I missed something, but are you no longer able to buy PS3 games on PSN anymore? I saw that the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was on sale for Xbox and was hoping to pick it up on PSN, but it's not even listed anymore.
www.resetera.com

Sony is launching a new Web / Mobile PS Store later this month [2020-10-19] (and will also remove PS3 / VITA / PSP games from the webstore) News

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/sony_launching_new_ps_store_on_web_and_mobile_this_month I'm guessing this is the first step towards closing PSN on PS3 / Vita. I hope Sony has a viable BC solution worked out by then.

The new PSN web store doesn't have PS3/Vita/PSP games on it. Just PS4 and PS5 games. You have to boot up your PS3 to buy PS3 stuff. The old store is still accessible in some countries, for now

How to Access the Old PS Store (PS3, PS4, Vita & PSP)

UPDATE: Sony just shut access to the legacy web store, in any shape or form. It’s over, folks. Time to lock the thread again. R.I.P. Legacy PS S...

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the discounts are going live in Australia, you can check out the prices on psprices to get an idea of how much % discount you'll get for a title in your region, most of the time the % will match.

The latest discounts • AU 🇦🇺

None • Australia
Only %40 off on Captain Tsubasa is a bummer. I was hoping that it would be in the $25 to $30 range, but I might still get it.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Oh yes, Crash 4! Hope the price is better than the time it was Deal of the week. Might finish Watch Dogs Legions today, so It's about time.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I've been waiting for this next sale. I bought Valhalla Ultimate when it was 17% off for the game awards sale, but I have been saving it hoping it gets a better discount before my refund period expires. The UK holiday sale has base version for 30% off and the two more expensive versions for 20% off, so I think we'll get those same discounts. Haven't decided which edition to buy yet.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure sony doesnt put ps3 games on sale anymore unless they are cross buy

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh hate this new PSN website, why can't I click the DLC listed and see how much it is etc.? What a strange change they made.

Looking at, Iceborne, Spyro, and FF8 at the moment. Hoping KoFXIV, Ryza, and Blazblue Crosstag goes on sale. If not I'll probably jump into Tekken or DBZ instead.

Still not too tempted by anything at the moment. Might try PS Now though, theres some older titles on there I'd be down to mess around in for a bit as well while I take care of my bigger games.

Last edited:

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Crossing my fingers for Elite Dangerous after I forgot about it before the PS5 launch when it was $8 x.x