• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Good to see Gradius V and the PSP Gradius collections get love in the sale. I'd get both if I didn't have physical versions. Hopefully with this and Gradius 1&2 in the new Arcade anniversary collection maybe Konami will take notice and finally give the series a reboot at some point.

Absolutely the PSP version. Its localization is vastly superior to the PS1 version's.

Nice, thanks!

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I think I might finally grab Yu Gi Oh Legacy of the Duelist. It's so cheap!

I also feel so relieved to have my physical copy of Digimon Story Cybersleuth. It's sad such a great game got delisted.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Is Battlefield 4 worth it for SP only?
No BF is worth buying for SP only. All the campaigns are about 5 hours each of forgettable mediocrity. I see it's only $5, but even so, if you're looking for a good shooter campaign then look for Titanfall 2, Metro Redux, Doom, the 3 Wolfensteins, you can get them all cheap at various times.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Is Battlefield 4 worth it for SP only?

Eh...depends how much you enjoy that type of FPS campaign. It's rigid and mostly a corridor shooter and not too long. It's pretty though and has some decent trophies to aim for. Not too memorable but for a few bucks it is a decent weekend romp. Better campaigns exist though.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
No BF is worth buying for SP only. All the campaigns are about 5 hours each of forgettable mediocrity. I see it's only $5, but even so, if you're looking for a good shooter campaign then look for Titanfall 2, Metro Redux, Doom, the 3 Wolfensteins, you can get them all cheap at various times.

I haz them ALL (save Wolfenstein 1 DLC and 2) and I have not finished them let alone play some of them. Thanks for your suggestions though.

Eh...depends how much you enjoy that type of FPS campaign. It's rigid and mostly a corridor shooter and not too long. It's pretty though and has some decent trophies to aim for. Not too memorable but for a few bucks it is a decent weekend romp. Better campaigns exist though.

Roger Roger.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely picking up the FighterZ Pass 2 and WOFF Maxima DLC.

Does the Maxima DLC include JP voices, I mean I'll probably skip through the story but the English VA was atrocious.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I'm looking for a PS4 EDF fix is EDF 4.1 ok or is EDF 5 wildly better?

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's solid. Some very minor visual issues with emulation in DMC1 that most will never notice unless pointed out in a direct comparison(some rare missing effects or backdrops very slightly worse in one or two scenes), but it performs great and looks spiffy at a higher res. I think DMC2 and 3 have no issues.

Oh so the issues basically start and stop at 1. Would you recommend the PS4 version of the DMC HD over the PS3 version? (I'd obviously prefer the PS4 version, but I'd wait for another PS3 version sale if I had too.)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Man I'm tempted by Dragon Quest Heroes II, but the same game is available physically for like 14 bucks on amazon. I love digital as much as anyone else but man that's a big difference.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling like a shoot em'up. Even imported some of the Cave ones on 360 back in the day.

How's Raiden V?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does twin stick count? If so, Nex Machina is the best in decades, not currently on sale but it frequently is.
I ended up getting Raiden V, Caladrius Blaze and my current favorite Shikhondo: Soul Eater.

Handdrawn stages based on Korean mythology? Twisted turns into body horror for the bosses? Quality bullet hell patterns? 2 playable ladies?

I mean sure it's no Ketsui but it's Deathsmiles tier so far. And I love Deathsmiles! It just lacks enemy variety. But the patterns make up for it in spades.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck it, DQ11 too. Why not? Haven't read much on it, if it sucks I'll be sad.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I ended up getting Raiden V, Caladrius Blaze and my current favorite Shikhondo: Soul Eater.

Handdrawn stages based on Korean mythology? Twisted turns into body horror for the bosses? Quality bullet hell patterns? 2 playable ladies?

I mean sure it's no Ketsui but it's Deathsmiles tier so far. And I love Deathsmiles! It just lacks enemy variety. But the patterns make up for it in spades.
That Shikhondo looks pretty cool, and only $4. I had never heard of it until now.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2187-CUSA11493_00-NEPHILIMDIGERATI

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow Caladrius Blaze is a fantastic shoot'em up. Gorgeous to look at, 8 characters with tons of things to do with their ships, really cool aesthetic mishmash of medieval/technology and mega cheesy and catchy symphonic metal music.

I an LOVING this sale.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Dullahan Do you have Jamestown Plus? That's an excellent shoot'em up, with a hilarious story. Not on sale now, but has been for the same price as the other shooters you mentioned.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Ended up getting

Nioh complete
Disgaea 5
Moonhunters
Borderlands goty
Under night in birth
Warriors orochi 4 season pass

With the 20% coupon for 79 buck

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Is Episode Gladiolus and Ignis worth it? I'd be willing to get back into ffxv if they are. They are 2.99 each

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up buying the DMC collection that includes 4. Will be my first time diving into the franchise. Also ended up getting the Resident Evil 4-6 collection and was thinking of getting the Kingdom Hearts collection, but that seemed to pricey for a game I'm not sure I'll like.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Is Episode Gladiolus and Ignis worth it? I'd be willing to get back into ffxv if they are. They are 2.99 each
They're worth it for that price. Gladiolus is very gameplay heavy but super short and irrelevant. The combat is fun though.

Ignis is great, the cutscenes and gameplay mechanics are much more fun than the base game and Ignis fighting style is really cool. But the dlc is a little too small for the scope it wants to evoke. The alternate ending is stupid.

Both worth for that price though. You'll get like 6 hours of fun in FFXV world.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I haven't played One Piece: Burning Blood in years, but 6 bucks for all the DLC I'm missing (i think) is a decent enough deal. Also got FighterZ pack 2. And Shibuya, because of all the praise and the fact I missed it last time.

Also bit on EDF 5 deluxe edition, went for deluxe because the mission packs seem to have some high level weapons.

I would kill for a Bandai DLC sale on the switch, though.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
They're worth it for that price. Gladiolus is very gameplay heavy but super short and irrelevant. The combat is fun though.

Ignis is great, the cutscenes and gameplay mechanics are much more fun than the base game and Ignis fighting style is really cool. But the dlc is a little too small for the scope it wants to evoke. The alternate ending is stupid.

Both worth for that price though. You'll get like 6 hours of fun in FFXV world.

Thanks bought them along with prompto's also