• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Thanks Captain of Outer Space
really look foward to these threads since i have bought zero games so far this year that will change since it's a backlog year

I own AC odyssey on xbox (digital gift) i have noticed the season pass never goes on sale on xbox live and every 2 weeks im thinking since i own everything but the orginal AC on PSN i might just pick up a gold or deluxe edition on sale.

I'm curious does anyone know why the season pass has not went on sale on xbox live yet it's on sale on PSN every time there is a ubisoft sale?

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Is FF Comrades standalone? I have zero interest the the game proper, but if mp is its own self-contained thing...

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Really could have used this a week ago when I was buying a bunch of Far Cry games so sure, it would happen now after I've already gotten everything.

Sigh.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Is 30$ the right time to jump on DQ11? I was hoping for an extra PS+ discount.

If you've never played it and love the series and/or JRPGs in general, $30 might be the sweet spot. The game is flawed, and I'm not talking about this "orchestral music" shit people like to bring up. I'm talking real flaws that can't be fixed with a patch, as in cookie cutter plot, safe as bread characters and JRPG trope as far as the eye can see - HOWEVER, I still at the end of the day enjoyed it and I recommend the game at 30 bucks if you're a fan of the genre, but be warned it's a late bloomer, you have to stick with it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could swear that we had at least 5 consecutive Ubisoft or Square Enix sales this last month

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I got FFXV as a gift last Christmas and bought the Royal Edition upgrade pack soon after on sale. I just wanted to double check before buying the season pass that the upgraded Royal Edition does not include the season pass, right? If I buy the season pass then my FFXV will be completely updated with access to everything? Thanks!

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For someone who was bored to death with Watch Dogs, how is Watch Dogs 2 for $14?

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I got FFXV as a gift last Christmas and bought the Royal Edition upgrade pack soon after on sale. I just wanted to double check before buying the season pass that the upgraded Royal Edition does not include the season pass, right? If I buy the season pass then my FFXV will be completely updated with access to everything? Thanks!
Royal update doesn't include the dlc. The Royal Edition of the game does though.
The complete package is
Season Pass + Royal Update + Ardyn DLC (Will be released end of March)

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Got those Star Ocean ones, a friend really told me to play them so here we go!

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
So is it worth replaying FFXV again with the Royal Pack, or loading up a save, if I beat it at launch? I enjoyed the gameplay well enough but felt the story was really lacking due to the many holes and off screen elements.

EDIT: Eh, sounds like if you're so so on the game then the Royal Pack DLC probably isn't worth it. Maybe if I ever decide to replay the game I'll get it.

Last edited:

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
If you've never played it and love the series and/or JRPGs in general, $30 might be the sweet spot. The game is flawed, and I'm not talking about this "orchestral music" shit people like to bring up. I'm talking real flaws that can't be fixed with a patch, as in cookie cutter plot, safe as bread characters and JRPG trope as far as the eye can see - HOWEVER, I still at the end of the day enjoyed it and I recommend the game at 30 bucks if you're a fan of the genre, but be warned it's a late bloomer, you have to stick with it.
Thank you for your input, but what do you mean by safe as bread characters? The characters are usually the most important thing about long JRPGS for me. I can forgive very flawed games like Berseria for example if they have a cast that can carry it.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought FFXV yesterday :(

Maybe try contacting PSN customer service for a refund, since it's so close to a sale they may be willing to do a one-time courtesy thing.

Remember folks, unless you're just dying to have a game, it's going to go on sale.. especially a two year old FF game that routinely does so every few months.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it just on sale a couple weeks ago? I remember picking it up for cheap just recently.
o crap did I miss it? Yeah me and 3 friends want to play it on PS4 (I have it on pc and xbox game pass already but they dont have either....) and I've had it in my wish list for a month now hoping to see it on sale. I know they just announced another expansion later this year so was hoping I see a sale before then

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Thank you for your input, but what do you mean by safe as bread characters? The characters are usually the most important thing about long JRPGS for me. I can forgive very flawed games like Berseria for example if they have a cast that can carry it.

The main character doesn't speak, he's a silent character like you find in Persona, and many other western create-a-character games. I personally HATE this choice, even though it is traditional with Dragon Quest. I believe a silent main character, attempted to represent the player or a "blank slate," is just a safe option because you fear instilling opinions, personality and a "voice" to your main character because that's the one character you don't rubbing someone the wrong way. I hated it in Chrono Trigger, I hated it in Persona, I hated it in Skyrim, long story short I HATE IT.

Now, beyond that, the other characters have "personality," it's just the same personalities you've seen in a billion other JRPGs since time immemorial. Hence "safe." No chances are really taken, there are few surprises that you didn't see coming, if any, etc. Basically, if you're looking for Xenogears-level story depth, look elsewhere. This is a bubble gum game with bubble gum characters.

Keep in mind I'm still recommending it to you at 30 if only because the end game is so expansive, and there's a lot to sink your teeth into, it's just story wise - what I hold most important in RPGs - the game falls flat. Still the best JRPG of 2018, still worth a look half off if you know what you're getting into.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
The main character doesn't speak, he's a silent character like you find in Persona, and many other western create-a-character games. I personally HATE this choice, even though it is traditional with Dragon Quest. I believe a silent main character, attempted to represent the player or a "blank slate," is just a safe option because you fear instilling opinions, personality and a "voice" to your main character because that's the one character you don't rubbing someone the wrong way. I hated it in Chrono Trigger, I hated it in Persona, I hated it in Skyrim, long story short I HATE IT.

Now, beyond that, the other characters have "personality," it's just the same personalities you've seen in a billion other JRPGs since time immemorial. Hence "safe." No chances are really taken, there are few surprises that you didn't see coming, if any, etc. Basically, if you're looking for Xenogears-level story depth, look elsewhere. This is a bubble gum game with bubble gum characters.

Keep in mind I'm still recommending it to you at 30 if only because the end game is so expansive, and there's a lot to sink your teeth into, it's just story wise - what I hold most important in RPGs - the game falls flat. Still the best JRPG of 2018, still worth a look half off if you know what you're getting into.
I just got it, thanks. I knew about the silent protoganist which i agree is a bummer, but i was hoping for more from the story itself. But yeah PS4 is not exactly flowing with quality JRPGS right now, and i've been itching for one.

Oct 27, 2017
I just got it, thanks. I knew about the silent protoganist which i agree is a bummer, but i was hoping for more from the story itself. But yeah PS4 is not exactly flowing with quality JRPGS right now, and i've been itching for one.

I don't agree that other characters aside the MC are safe. They are quite varied and Sylvando definitely isn't a safe character. They are quite charming even without being super detailed in their emotions.

To make a comparison i found party members in DQ XI with their simplicity more fun than Persona 5 party members.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Squeenix has the Season Pass for Dissidia on sale separately.

I'm tempted to go to Target and buy the Base game clearance for 10 bucks now along with that season pass.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The Square Enix and Ubisoft sales in the OP are done. I'm going through the rest of the deals to see what else is in there.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Get Watch Dogs 2 vanilla or Gold Edition? Is it worth it for the DLCs?

I'm looking at Secret of Mana PS4, but I think I'll wait for it to go down to $10.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
If you like Musous, then they're great. Nice fan service, Music is great, really "Shiny"

Part 2 has more features, better online and you can even play as the two heroes from the first game.

Both worth picking up honestly.

Thanks! How's the plot in either?

Is it true that there are characters in the first that aren't in the second?

Deleted member 34711

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Part of me wants to believe that the Secret of Mana remake isn't as bad as I know it is, because couch co-op.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! How's the plot in either?

Is it true that there are characters in the first that aren't in the second?

Ya know, Plot's very cliche, but the in-engine cut scenes still look great. There's just a lot of them. I believe it's dual audio too, but I left it on English. Definitely a British dub though.

Yep, rather than several missing from the first, I think of it as they brought back several from the first. lol. They wanted to make room for other old favorites and I felt they did a pretty good job. Still got our boy Fake Trunks, so I was happy!

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Can anyone tell me that if I buy the Final Fantasy XV season pass and Royal pack will I finally have the complete game? I just want to play it again after beating it at launch.

Kudos on the Dissidia NT Season pass sale, guess they are thanking early adopters.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The OP is fully done with the last bits of deals outside of these two big sales added in there. Let me know if there's anything I messed up.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
He did say with a really sharp and loud voice "GET THE THIRD ONE" which I did but I also got the last one, is it really that bad?

It's like a Tales game, but with a really low budget and with a worse battle system. The story was all kinda dull, so I ended up dropping it a few hours in.

Can anyone tell me that if I buy the Final Fantasy XV season pass and Royal pack will I finally have the complete game? I just want to play it again after beating it at launch.
The Ardyn DLC isn't included. It's going to be released the end of this month.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me wants to believe that the Secret of Mana remake isn't as bad as I know it is, because couch co-op.

I didn't spend too much time with it, but I walked away very much fine with it for the few hours I played. And I adored the SNES original.

Some of the music arrangements are worse, some better, but you can swap it freely to the classic OST.

Felt some of the QoL stuff was nice and the visuals were perfectly acceptable.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Realistically, is there any change DQXI gets new music after the switch release? Or at least the QOL changes coming to switch? Also...will I probably be able to get it even cheaper by then?

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
How is the World of Final Fantasy maxima content? I enjoyed the base game back when it released and was wondering what it adds exactly. Also is it worth getting the FF15 season pass, but not the royal pack? I havent touched the game since Finishing it back near launch.