• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Felmek

Oct 31, 2017
So, do I have this right?

Naruto: UNS4 is 14.99, with the deluxe ediition for 19.99.
However, UNS4 Road to Boruto is 12.49 and that ncludes even more content than the 19.99 deluxe edition?
Then on top of that, UNS Legacy has all 4 UNS games with all of their content for 17.49.

Gee, I wonder which one I should get...

Gamespawn

Oct 25, 2017

However, UNS4 Road to Boruto is 12.49 and that ncludes even more content than the 19.99 deluxe edition?
Then on top of that, UNS Legacy has all 4 UNS games with all of their content for 17.49.

Right? I was going down the list and had to read all the descriptions to figure out what was what. the deluxe edition was showing up as the regular on my phone.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, the MSRPs are bad for those versions since they never updated them and put a blanket 75% discount on them.

$80 for the Deluxe Edition, $60 for the base game, and $50 for Road to Boruto. Legacy is $70.

Felmek

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the MSRPs are bad for those versions since they never updated them and put a blanket 75% discount on them.

$80 for the Deluxe Edition, $60 for the base game, and $50 for Road to Boruto. Legacy is $70.

Luckily I had the notion to take a good look through them before I bought anything.

Thanks for doing these sale threads, by the way. Very handy!

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
What? DBFZ is now on sale! I recently bought a PS4 and a physical copy of DBFZ. LOL.

I have a question regarding the DBFZ DLC, if I purchase the Fighterz pass in my US account, will I be able to access the DLC in another region account on the same PS4?

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
G-Gu-Ga-Gundam!!

I think I might buy Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm . I loved the ultimate jutus in that game. I remember being in awe running around in the game despite it being almost empty.lol. I think i'll buy it just to fool around in and get the platinum while im at it since the original on PS3 didn't have trophies.

Also considering either buying Vegito or Base Goku for DBFZ.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Criminal price. Listen to this man, everyone.
exactly!
Yes! Tales of Berseria sale and only 15$!
Buy it now!

Just gonna bump this.
my man!

I did, during last year's Christmas sale, when I think it may have been even cheaper IIRC.

I read that as Vesperia initially and got excited.

Vesperia is already down to $29.99 at Game stop. I'm only halfway through Vesperia, but I prefer Berseria over it so far....

Don't tell me what to do corn!

Might finally bite on

.hack
.hack is another game I bought day 1, but have yet to play....

At the End of the Day, buy Tales of Berseria peeps

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Vesperia is already down to $29.99 at Game stop. I'm only halfway through Vesperia, but I prefer Berseria over it so far....

I should mention I only buy digital, no matter the savings that can come from purchasing physical.

Haven't bought a physical disc since 2016, and even with that I've since double-dipped on the digital version so I don't have to disc swap.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I should mention I only buy digital, no matter the savings that can come from purchasing physical.

Haven't bought a physical disc since 2016, and even with that I've since double-dipped on the digital version so I don't have to disc swap.

I've been going digital for MP games like Destiny/Anthem, but I'm still buying physical for rpgs like Dragon Quest XI and NiNoKuni

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I'm tempted as I haven't played a JRPG in years. How linear is it? Having just come off several large open world games - I wouldn't mind doing a somewhat traditionally linear JRPG. Something structured like eternal sonata would be right up my alley.

It definitely follows a linear story path as with all Tales games. Have you played a Star Ocean game at all?

Is it really that good? I keep seeing this type of comment in various places.

Yeah, the characters are very well done and really shine in the game. More importantly, it great to play as something different for once and not the tropey 16yr old boy with a checkered past that suddenly gets powers and must go save the world. (yeas, I still love the $hit out of that tropey crap, but...)

To put it mildly, you play as a female protag ($hitty outfit confirmed) who literally walks the moral gray area the entire game; which means it great to play as a group of potential a$$holes instead of the bright bushy goodie 2 shoes young male protag.

smash_robot

Oct 27, 2017
It definitely follows a linear story path as with all Tales games. Have you played a Star Ocean game at all?
No, but I did play Tales of Symphonia on the gamecube a long time ago. I remember liking it, but haven't played a tales game since. JRPG's that I've tried and not liked a Resonance of Fate (too much grinding for me, probably because I sucked at it lol) and Final Fantasy XIII (kind of just lost interest in it)

Still, it's only $20 in moose money which doesn't seem too bad - I'll go read some reviews and think about it.

2/20 Update
OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Some new deals for today:

Cross Buy
PS4/PS3/Vita Sparkle Unleashed - $3.99 - 50% Off - $3.19 - 60% Off - Ends 2/26

PS4
Far Cry 5 - $20.99 - 65% Off - $14.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/5
Far Cry New Dawn Complete Edition - $69.99 - 30% Off - $59.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/5
Far Cry New Dawn Ultimate Edition - $90.99 - 30% Off - $77.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/4
Heart & Slash - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/4
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Deluxe Edition - $15.99 - 60% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/5
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Gold Edition - $41.99 - 40% Off - $34.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/5
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Ultimate Edition - $65.99 - 40% Off - $54.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/5

PSVR
Apex Construct - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/25

PS4 Add-ons
Crossout - Arachnophobia Pack - $27.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Crossout - Arsonist Pack - $32.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Crossout - The inventor Pack - $34.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Crossout - Law of the Wasteland - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a point in buying all the Ninja Storm games? Is it like Dbz games where they redo the same stories and just add on top of what was adapted, or do all the games follow one another on a timeline?

Gamespawn

Oct 25, 2017
Don't buy the Gundam Versus game without looking at the dlc. No season pass, each additional mobile suit is $5 a piece. There are like 15 additional suits...

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
I'm finally getting around to watching Super and now I'm craving some video game action. I'd love a good story mode and doubt any of them offer it, but quick google says the Xenoverse games are better for that. So can anyone really quickly offer a suggestion?

Should I get Xenoverse with the season pass for $16.24 or the base Xenoverse 2 for $14.99?

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Maaaaaaaan, I bought Ninja Storm Legacy last month when it was 50% off, but I didn't really get around to playing it and now it's 75% off.

affspy-failboat2.jpg

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
From what I read, some guns and flying guns are backwards.

From what I read, it's like the prior game is a playstation, and the new game is a playstation classic.

---

DBZ Fighterz: if I get separately it's cheaper but if I want the anime music then I get the full $54 thing?

---

Naruto: I'm illiterate. The best one is the legacy edition?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Is Digimon:Next Order good worth it for $15?

Definitely. Keep in mind it's not story heavy focused like the Cyber Sleuth games but more of a monster breeding game. A virtual pet simulator in which you take care of your Digimon's needs, go into battles, etc.

If you ever played the original Digimon World on the PSX years ago in which you had to feed the Digimon, train them, take them to the bathroom, have them grow up and then they die of old age and rebirth from an Egg with even stronger stats than before you'll know exactly what your getting into. The difference is now you have a team of two Digimon instead of training a single one like the previous games. It's the only game of it's type on the PS4 and has tons of hours worth of gameplay.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Still no dead by daylight dlc sale, I really should have just got what I wanted last time it went on sale but I was stubborn and figured it would go on sale again soon.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
From what I read, some guns and flying guns are backwards.

From what I read, it's like the prior game is a playstation, and the new game is a playstation classic.

---

DBZ Fighterz: if I get separately it's cheaper but if I want the anime music then I get the full $54 thing?

---

Naruto: I'm illiterate. The best one is the legacy edition?
Ended up with DBZ regular with both fighter packs. And naruto legacy. Hopefully that's the right choice.

Decided against commentator and anime songs via the ultimate dbz pack. Commentator talks way more only in replay mode? And watching YouTube the anime songs didnt fit well with me during a fight.

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
Is the JoJo game any good? Recently started watching the anime, loving it so wanted to see if I should get the game

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
For all the people recommending Berseria, what's up with all the DLC? Especially the stuff like double xp, etc? How balanced is the game without that stuff?

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
For all the people recommending Berseria, what's up with all the DLC? Especially the stuff like double xp, etc? How balanced is the game without that stuff?

From looking at the list of DLC, none of it is worth it.

When it comes to DLC for the tales series - Zestiria's Alisha Story DLC is the only one that is worth buying cause it actually expands the story abit.

The rest of the DLCs are just costumes, weapons/items and bonuses for exp, etc - which imo arent worth it.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
That's the first thing I noticed! I just finished Vesperia on Switch, it was my first Tales of game.

How do they compare?

Originally before Wolfteam became Namco Tales Studio was founded, the staff within splintered unofficially into two teams. Team Destiny which were typically produced by Hideo Baba and Team Symphonia. Vesperia is a Team Symphonia Game which they did three games, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Vesperia.

Team Destiny developed Destiny 2, Rebirth, Hearts, and Graces.

After Vesperia the teams sort of merged staff which then developed, Xillia, Xillia 2, Zestiria, and Berseria. So even though they're one team now, it's not uncommon to see Xillia labeled as a Team Symphonia game or something like that since their distinct influences still linger around a bit but the similarities are loose at best due to the way combat, growth mechanics, skills, the difference between the use of TP and CC from game to game varies.

Of the modern Tales games, I'd say the Berseria is the somewhat the closest to matching the quality of Tales of Vesperia but that only because the last few games prior to it were mediocre to decent. Hideo Baba left the company before Tales of Berseria came out so I guess his influence on the game wasn't nearly as strong compared to his involvement in Xillia, Xillia 2, and Zestiria which are considered by many to be fairly low point for the series.

hollerphonix

Oct 27, 2017
Was really thinking about xenoverse
What do I need to know about these and is the bundle with both worth it or should I just do one or the other?
Is the dlc good or worthwhile in anyway or just bolted on stuff or whatever?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Has the Far Cry series changed a lot since 3? I have that one, but haven't played it yet (but will try it if they have gotten better).

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Saw that Darkest Dungeon is on sale for Vita. Is it a good port? I have a Switch and an iPad but the Vita is easier to take around with me.

Also seeing the Muramasa DLC bundle and Shiren on sale, definitely gonna get those.