• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
So NA (and LA in fact) are starting their discounts on Wednesdays just like the rest of the world and not on Tuesday?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Not buying Control until it's $20.

CTR and DoA6 are tempting, but as a matter of principle I really hate games at $24 and just wait until they're $20 so we'll see. Really annoying when you buy PSN credit in $20 increments.

Need for Speed Payback for $6 is so cheap I could just throw it on there...

Jun 22, 2019
This feels like any other of the dozen sales that have been happening back to back lately. Kinda had to chuckle at it being called Critic's Choice.

Jan 29, 2018
Hitman 2 season pass has 2 big new maps, right? That's probably worth it. I'm not interested in the Sniper stuff.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Tempted to grab the Control Season Pass for that price BUT the damn thing has been on sale constantly and nothing has come out for it yet. I might wait to see how good the first DLC is before I buy it the next time it's on sale and probably even lower than $15...

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Tempted to grab the Control Season Pass for that price BUT the damn thing has been on sale constantly and nothing has come out for it yet. I might wait to see how good the first DLC is before I buy it the next time it's on sale and probably even lower than $15...
Yeah, I don't see a reason to grab it until something is out since it can always get cheaper.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Me too. Anyone know if Deluxe Edition includes future updates? I'm a little unclear on how it's going to work since I know there are some more updates coming.
Deluxe includes the first season pass. The second season pass has to be bought separately.

Also, the game is most definitely worth it at that price.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Days Gone decent? I know it had terrible reviews, but the setting seems very interesting to me.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I don't see anything really that stands out to me. I suppose Superhot, Sea of Solitude, Need For Speed Payback, and ME: Andromeda on the cheap. But all those games are usually on sale for the same prices eventually. The Hitman 2 Expansion Pass also looks tempting. Otherwise, I think the sale that just ended was much better.

Felaipes

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The sweet spot for single player only games is $20 to me, so plenty of games to get this sale, ill wait for the other ones.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
How close of an approximation to classic Blitz is Mutant League Football? Does it have the same feel?

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
Is Days Gone decent? I know it had terrible reviews, but the setting seems very interesting to me.

As someone who didn't expect much from it and waited for it to be on sale, I'd say it was more than decent. The setting was definitely the best part. I really enjoyed the open world and the emergent gameplay I experienced in it. The world always felt dangerous and alive. I ended up enjoying the characters and overall story despite the fact that I think the general biker aesthetic is kind of lame. I will say the pacing of the main story was really off and it was too long. I took a break from the game at a certain point because it was dragging. Still I finished it and I did like the high points. Looking forward to a sequel.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
why are there a lot of games listed on that sale page that dont have any discount or sale going on, its just seemingly their full original price?

like Death Stranding is listed for $59.99 with no discount banner icon.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking it's time for me to try and get back into MHW and pick up Iceborne

Fxp

Oct 27, 2017
Street Fighter V vs Soul Calibur VI, which would you recommend for fighting genre novice (11th years old)?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Street Fighter V vs Soul Calibur VI, which would you recommend for fighting genre novice (11th years old)?
Both are good options but SFV is the safer choice cause it has a much higher playerbase + crossplay meaning finding people of your skill level should never be a problem.

Soul Calibur 6 has better single player content though (IMO)

doncortez77

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
I dont think its advertised in the sale but a bunch of the SIMS 4 add on are on sale until 3/4 to go along with The Sims 4 added to PlayStation Plus

Fxp

Oct 27, 2017
Both are good options but SFV is the safer choice cause it has a much higher playerbase + crossplay meaning finding people of your skill level should never be a problem.

Soul Calibur 6 has better single player content though (IMO)

I think he'll be playing single player only so SC IV sounds like a better choice.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Mutant League football? Like the games from back in the days with the Saturday morning cartoon?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Days Gone is absolutely worth $20 if you like open world games. I was pleasantly surprised by both the story and gameplay.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017

If you like open world games, it's absolutely decent. I put in several hours of it myself but dropped it. It got repetitive and boring for me. But it should be said I'm also not much of an open world person anymore.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Anyone else having trouble getting their PSN 2-step authentication text? I wanted to check out these sales in Canadian dollars but I haven't gotten the authentication text in the last hour.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I had my problems with it (lots of filler in terms of quest design, never thought they nailed the horde mechanics in a satisfying way, and the story is pretty up and down) but it checks a lot of the same boxes as most UBI style open world games. If that's remotely your jam you could do a lot worse for $20.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
How's Concrete Genie? Been eyeing it for a while... Love the art style, but I can't tell if the story/gameplay will carry me along.
I really enjoyed it. Beautiful Graphically. Really nice story, if a little over simplified on the emotional themes it tries to cover. Probably about 5-6 hours to complete the main story. Thought the platforming/interaction with the world was a lot better than I was expecting. The combat later in the game is very simple, but still relatively fun. Thought it was worth the game at full price, definitely worth it on sale.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Not buying Control until it's $20.

CTR and DoA6 are tempting, but as a matter of principle I really hate games at $24 and just wait until they're $20 so we'll see. Really annoying when you buy PSN credit in $20 increments.

Need for Speed Payback for $6 is so cheap I could just throw it on there...
I thought the exact same about NFS Rivals 3 or 4 years ago and played it for less than an hour...

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Is there a physical edition of Concrete Genie? I have the feeling that it had a limited print and it's gonna be a pain to get that version. It's impossible to find it where I live.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Mass Effect Andromeda for $7.50... like, I heard it's not very good, but surely there's at least a few hours' worth of fun to be had, right?
I was having more fun with it than expected when I gave it a real shot last year. It fell by the wayside because I hit a planet that I didn't really enjoy, and the game crashed a couple times on it (PC).
why are there a lot of games listed on that sale page that dont have any discount or sale going on, its just seemingly their full original price?

like Death Stranding is listed for $59.99 with no discount banner icon.
Things are still caching right at go live, so you need to give it some time before they appear 100% correctly.
Does this run okay on a base PS4? I heard stuff at launch about it struggling on the older hardware. I've been hoping for a Stadia release but I really want to play it.
I played through it on a PS4 slim in December. Personally there were only 2-3 sections where a lot of things in the environment were being destroyed that the frame rate tanked. If you're highly sensitive to that, maybe avoid but it didn't detract from my experience.