• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
There's another Gekido game?! That's news to me! I wonder if it's any good. 🤔

Bury Me, My Love is a steal at $1 since it was critically acclaimed. I might check it out. Sayonara Wild Hearts looks tempting too considering Kirk Hamilton praised the hell out of it on the Kotaku Splitscreen podcast.

If anyone still plays their 3DS, Kami is a pretty cool game. I definitely recommend it.

Captain of Outer Space I appreciate all the hard work you put into organizing all these threads rather than sift through the mess that is the Switch eShop.

May 5, 2018
A good number of these games on sale are games I already have, but I might check out Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
ctrl+f "Bayonetta"

Welp, guess I've got nothing to get excited about for tonight

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on Jamestown+? I've been fiending for a new shmup, but it needs to be an excellent one.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
How is Wargroove these days? While I like some turn based strategy games I always end up hitting a wall in difficulty, but it sounds like Wargroove got some really nice updates in the months after release?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have no idea how Simulacra evaded me for so long as it seems like it's been available on PC for a long while but it seems like it's so up my alley that it's actually possible that I developed it in some sort of fugue state. It seems reminiscent of the Emily is Away games which are two of my favorite indie titles of all time. Should I bite the bullet on this? I don't want to actually look up a thing about it and risk having it spoiled so a simple "yes" or "no" would suffice.

forrest

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what Lego Harry Potter performance is like on the Switch? Wifey and I have 100% on pc a couple times so it would be a nice one to have portable.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Is it mandatory to beat Crypt of the Necrodancer before Cadence of Hyrule ? $17 is a nice price...
Cadence of Hyrule is a separate series set within the Crypt of the Necrodancer universe. It's basically LoZ: Crypt of The Necrodancer edition. There is no continuity between the series. If you play the demo, you'll quickly get Link and Zelda before the main heroine of the series takes a backseat and becomes an NPC.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I have been buying games since BF and now I want to buy more but... The backlog! Ahhh!!

Yooka-Laylee and Cadence are calling my attention..

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thoughts on Jamestown+? I've been fiending for a new shmup, but it needs to be an excellent one.
It's an excellent one. I haven't played the + version yet, but the base game was fantastic. One of my favorite shmups of the last decade. It just feels nice. Your hurtbox, the vaunt system, the differences in playstyle each ship offers, the impact of your shots, the art, the ridiculous story premise. It's very easy to get into the groove of Jamestown, because everything works together so well.

The Switch already has a great shmup lineup, but I think Jamestown+ is the one I'm most excited to have on the system. Play it with an arcade stick if you have the option.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
It's an excellent one. I haven't played the + version yet, but the base game was fantastic. One of my favorite shmups of the last decade. It just feels nice. Your hurtbox, the vaunt system, the differences in playstyle each ship offers, the impact of your shots, the art, the ridiculous story premise. It's very easy to get into the groove of Jamestown, because everything works together so well.

The Switch already has a great shmup lineup, but I think Jamestown+ is the one I'm most excited to have on the system. Play it with an arcade stick if you have the option.

Nice, I appreciate the feedback. I'm highly tempted.

This, Sayonara and Cadence. gonna try to pick 2.

12/15 Update - A Robot Named Fight, Groove Coaster, Mutant Year Zero, Sausage Sports Club, West of Loathing
OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
New deals from the weekend.

Switch Pre-orders
Farabel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20, Out 12/20

Switch
A Robot Named Fight - $0.99 - 93% Off - Ends 1/5/20
Animal Fight Club - $2.59 - 35% Off - Ends 12/19
Animal Hunter Z - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Astro Duel Deluxe - $0.79 - 90% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Atomic Heist - $1.59 - 80% Off - Ends 12/23
Battle & Crash - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Bingo for Nintendo Switch - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Caterpillar Royale - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Collide-a-Ball 2 - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Dead End Job - $14.44 - 25% Off - Ends 12/19
Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Dig Dog - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Dragon Snakes - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Event Horizon: Space Defense - $3.49 - 50% Off - Ends 12/26
Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! - $49.99 - 17% Off - Ends 12/25
Hidden - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Home Escape - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Mech Rage - $0.49 - 95% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe Edition - $31.49 - 30% Off - Ends 12/19
The Path of Motus - $6.74 - 55% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Ping Pong Trick Shot Evolution - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Pixel Gladiator - $2.79 - 60% Off - Ends 12/23
Quarantine Circular - $4.79 - 20% Off - Ends 1/5/20
Riddled Corpses EX - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Robonauts - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/5/20
Safari Pinball - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Santa Tracker - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Sausage Sports Club - $3.75 - 75% Off - Ends 12/29
Soulblight - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Space Ribbon - $0.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Super Ping Pong Trick Shot - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Tactical Mind 2 - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 12/23
Talk it Out: Handheld Game - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Them Bombs! - $9.79 - 30% Off - Ends 1/3/20
Tiny Gladiators - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 12/30
West of Loathing - $6.60 - 40% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Wuppo: Definitive Edition - $9.89 - 35% Off - Ends 12/20
Xenon Racer - $7.49 - 81% Off - Ends 1/2/20
Xenon Valkyrie+ - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/2/20

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
A robot named fight was decently regarded right?

Yeah, I'm pretty certain I grabbed it because of a dedicated thread when it went on sale for 99 cents. I didn't give much time to it, it's on the backlog. I wasn't immediately happy with the character movement, felt too loose for me. Again, I didn't give it much time, but that was my takeaway from the 15-20 minutes I spent with it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok guys, I got 4$ in Eshop credit any hidden gems under that currently on sale?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I love Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, but it's been on so many systems at low prices that paying $30 (or 27 on discount) just seems crazy to me.

Game originally came out 15 years ago, came out on PC 10 years ago with the Oddbox it was like $30/40 with every Oddworld game, then PS3/Vita, then mobile after that (which I'm pretty sure was only like $5 there, or even less on sale).

The funny thing is I still haven't beaten the game even having owned it in 4 different platforms (OG Xbox, PC, PS3/Vita, mobile), but I still love the game and if the Switch version ever gets down to like $15 or lower I'd probably buy it for a 5th time, haha.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
A robot named fight was decently regarded right?
It is a good game but it took a while to really grab me. The more you play, the more items you'll unlock and runs start becoming more varied.
I've yet to reach the final boss though. Maybe my luck sucks but I think that it's more difficult to become really OP like in Binding of Isaac.

Oct 27, 2017
The Lego games on Switch are the same as the big-console counterparts, minus some relatively minor asset-effect tweaks here and there, and a bit lower docked resolution than the big-consoles. The shadow dithering and AO are of lower quality but not absent. With Lego Marvel 2 and Lego DC Villains you get the same open-hub areas and everything. Harry Potter and Ninjago movie are fine also. Sleep mode and portability really helps out if you're into getting all the gold bricks.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It is a good game but it took a while to really grab me. The more you play, the more items you'll unlock and runs start becoming more varied.
I've yet to reach the final boss though. Maybe my luck sucks but I think that it's more difficult to become really OP like in Binding of Isaac.
Ok decided to bite, I've been looking for another good loop since I beat heart and slash. And without starting over I can't get back Into has been heroes

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The Lego games on Switch are the same as the big-console counterparts, minus some relatively minor asset-effect tweaks here and there, and a bit lower docked resolution than the big-consoles. The shadow dithering and AO are of lower quality but not absent. With Lego Marvel 2 and Lego DC Villains you get the same open-hub areas and everything. Harry Potter and Ninjago movie are fine also. Sleep mode and portability really helps out if you're into getting all the gold bricks.
Lego Marvel 2 I found the downgraded performance to be a bit too much. The lower res AND the Iffy framerate weren't a great combo.
Lego City Undercover I didn't have much of an issue with, it was mainly the framerate that was the issue, and it wasn't too bad.

The Harry Potter collection I thought was great, the first game especially looks and performs well, but the second one did seem a little framier but still not bad.

Switch is my preferred console to play these games on, but I am a little worried about the new LEGO Star Wars game coming out. They usually go all out with the new SW games, and I'm worried the Switch version might struggle.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Now that it's been out for awhile, is Witcher 3 on switch really playable? I have it and beat it on PC, but kind l kind of want to replay it after watching the show. Plus I never beat the expansions.