• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
oh the great deals section doesnt even have everything on sale

any thoughts on yu-no? i like visual novels but i hate the art style of this

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Can anyone recommend me a good co-op splitscreen game for young kids? My cousin really enjoys Super Mario Odyssey, so games with assist mode or games that are generally easy to play for novices would be welcome.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I might go for Batman season 2, but then I realize it could end up on GP eventually too. Gonna check how much money I got on my Nintendo account. Can you link PayPal to your account these days?

Also, at what resolution and everything does it run at on Switch? It's not like it was very high on Xbox or PS4 to begin with, so...worse on Switch?

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I don't see anything that really jumps out to me as a new Switch owner. Maybe Slay The Spire, Gorogoa (although I've never seen it on sale for less than $7.50 even on PC), and Cuphead. I also see SteamWorld Quest is on sale too and Minit. But they're not crazy historical sales.

BoTW being $42 when the physical version is going to be as cheap as $30 on Black Friday is hilarious along with Mario Tennis Aces.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can anyone recommend me a good co-op splitscreen game for young kids? My cousin really enjoys Super Mario Odyssey, so games with assist mode or games that are generally easy to play for novices would be welcome.
Snipperclips is a great coop puzzle game, also stretchers i year is good. Also LEGO games are always a good bet, the LEGO ninjago movie game is on sale for $13 right now(I don't think the other 2 are on sale)

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Diablo 3 was $30 a little while ago and now it's $40 😕

I'm thinking on getting:

Hollow Knight $15 (tried it once, didn't grab me but tried it again recently and was getting into it).
Diablo 3 $40 😕😕
Mario + Rabbids $15
Megaman 11 $15
Trials Rising $20
Super Bomberman R $10 (saw it mentioned here and haven't played one in years)

That's about all I'm considering from this sale. Really wanted to get some first party games but they are cheaper physical and I'm not sure I want to do deal with that.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was somewhat disappointed after reading the OP, but when I went to the site totally different story,

I'm probably going to grab a bunch of the Collections {Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man, Mega Man X}, while I try to talk myself out of buying the SNK Anniversary Collection just for Crystalis

$9.99 $19.99

$9.99 $19.99

$23.99 $39.99

Last edited:

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Games I'm considering after a quick look at what's on sale.

EO2 Untold - $10
SMT4: Apocalypse - $20
Alliance Alive - $20 or $40 (3DS vs Switch price)
Caligula Effect - $25
God Wars - $20
Ys 8 - $30
Lost Child - $20
Battle Princess Madelyn - $8
Super Hydorah - $10
MM11 - $15
RE4 Switch - $20
REmake - $15
RE0 - $15

Any thoughts on any of these? Other than the RE games which I'm tempted for portability (and no longer own), I haven't played any of these.

Etrian 2 Untold: Fantastic game. One of my favorite in series. $10 is a steal.

Lost Child: A decent dungeon crawler. A bit easy but boss battles are difficult. The story is passable and voice acting ok. Labyrinth of Refrain is a much better dungeon rpg.

God Wars. A surprisingly decent tactics rpg. Story is kind of meh, but the battles and customization is pretty extensive.

Alliance Alive. Only played a bit of the Switch version but like it so far.

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe some of these might suffice:
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - There's an assist mode where the second player just controls the pointer and kills enemies (you can see an example here around 4:58: https://youtu.be/GNnpjBxxObs?t=299)
  • Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! - Co-op game where you work together to solve puzzles by "snipping" each other into different shapes
  • Kirby Star Allies - "Kirby has a new power that lets him toss a big pink star at an enemy in order to befriend it. You can have up to three friends along to help Kirby, and if you're playing the game solo, they're all controlled by the computer. But at any point, another player can hop in and take control of one of them."

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed the Castlevania Anniv. Collection and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. That should keep me busy for a while!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My dumbass wants to buy more JRPGs even though I have so many I haven't touched yet.
That's definitely a lot of people considering the holiday season. I already have several dozen switch games in my backlog, but I'm spending the most I've spent this BF than I have in a while.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
For $9.99 I may grab Bomberman, if it is similarly priced on the mexican e-shop. And that's it.

I find it sort of hilarious that the discounted price for Resident Evil 4 is the regular price of the game on PSN/XBL. Sigh. Capcom has been nothing but disappointments on the Switch so far.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heeey finally some decent 3DS sales!

Gonna grab a bunch of Sega 3D Classic Remakes and SMT: Soul Hackers.

Anyone have an opinion on which Fantasy Zone 3D remake I should get? They seem similar enough that I don't need both. I know FZ1 is an arcade port of the original while FZ2 is a ground-up reimagining of the Master System sequel. Not sure which is better.
They're honestly very different so it's hard to recommend only one.

FZ1 is a classic, very straightforward and has arguably the better soundtrack, but FZ2 is gorgeous and a very ambitious remake; it has an alternate worlds system where it has alternate zones within stages with varying difficulties which influence your "karma" of sorts which in turns decides which of the multiple endings you get after beating the final boss. It also has an excellent endless mode that feels like its own game. FZ2 is quite harder tho.

These games have stories too, which are very non intrusive but surprisingly enjoyable and 2 is a continuation, so there's that.

I strongly recomthat getting both, but you see which sounds more appealing to you.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Grandia HD Collection and Slay the Spire have my interest.

Of course I bought Disgaea 4 last week figuring it would not be on sale so soon after release. Oops.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How's Team Sonic Racing?

Loved Transformed and I already have MK8 on Wii U. No real interest in CTR unless I can be convinced.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Games I'm considering after a quick look at what's on sale.

EO2 Untold - $10
SMT4: Apocalypse - $20
Alliance Alive - $20 or $40 (3DS vs Switch price)
Caligula Effect - $25
God Wars - $20
Ys 8 - $30
Lost Child - $20
Battle Princess Madelyn - $8
Super Hydorah - $10
MM11 - $15
RE4 Switch - $20
REmake - $15
RE0 - $15

Any thoughts on any of these? Other than the RE games which I'm tempted for portability (and no longer own), I haven't played any of these.
I'll weigh in games people haven't replied to. SMT4: Apocalypse is a better version of SMT4's combat system: QOL improvements, fast-paced, more options, and useful ally AI (SMT4's ally AI were morons in comparison). If you can stomach the overt my power of friendship themes, it's a solid sequel. Ys VIII is another solid game that has no connection to past Ys games besides the protagonist so I've good things about it.
I think New Super Lucky's Tale looks like a good bet. Unfortunately, it launched the week after LM3 and before Pokemon Sw/Sh so it's probably going to go under the radar. But it's gotten positive impressions on podcasts I listened to and the controls are super tight and feel good. Download the demo to see if your cousin would like it but it has a light-hearted story akin to Odyssey. It doesn't have any co-op AFAIK but kids will definitely enjoy it.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Regarding the Batman Telltale titles. I played the first season on PC, is it possible for me to input my choices on the Switch version of season 2?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
How's Team Sonic Racing?

Loved Transformed and I already have MK8 on Wii U. No real interest in CTR unless I can be convinced.
I was skeptical of CTR, but it blows Sonic out of the water.

The drifting has a steep learning curve and thus online I've been getting wrecked. Tracks are varied and well designed. Characters have tons of alternate outfits and personality while driving.

I honestly feel more invested in a race and getting better than I have since MK DS.

I highly recommend it.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Snipperclips is a great coop puzzle game, also stretchers i year is good. Also LEGO games are always a good bet, the LEGO ninjago movie game is on sale for $13 right now(I don't think the other 2 are on sale)

Maybe some of these might suffice:
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - There's an assist mode where the second player just controls the pointer and kills enemies (you can see an example here around 4:58: https://youtu.be/GNnpjBxxObs?t=299)
  • Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! - Co-op game where you work together to solve puzzles by "snipping" each other into different shapes
  • Kirby Star Allies - "Kirby has a new power that lets him toss a big pink star at an enemy in order to befriend it. You can have up to three friends along to help Kirby, and if you're playing the game solo, they're all controlled by the computer. But at any point, another player can hop in and take control of one of them."

I think New Super Lucky's Tale looks like a good bet. Unfortunately, it launched the week after LM3 and before Pokemon Sw/Sh so it's probably going to go under the radar. But it's gotten positive impressions on podcasts I listened to and the controls are super tight and feel good. Download the demo to see if your cousin would like it but it has a light-hearted story akin to Odyssey. It doesn't have any co-op AFAIK but kids will definitely enjoy it.

I'll check these out and see which one would be best, thank you for the recommendations!

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I highly recommend divinity original sin 2. A red blooded rpg on the switch is like a revelation

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for a sale on Cadence of Hyrule and Box Boy. Oh well, at least I can get Snipperclips for half off.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Contemplating on Buying Overwatch again on Switch for the morbid curiosity and 2K20 cause I'm usually super behind on playing NBA 2K games.

I'll definitely swap up some smaller title too, but now I wish Nintendo would fucking curate their sales list. A ton of garbage is on there and when you actually go to the eShop it's a seemingly endless loading list of crap under the "deals" tab.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Contemplating on Buying Overwatch again on Switch for the morbid curiosity and 2K20 cause I'm usually super behind on playing NBA 2K games.

I'll definitely swap up some smaller title too, but now I wish Nintendo would fucking curate their sales list. A ton of garbage is on there and when you actually go to the eShop it's a seemingly endless loading list of crap under the "deals" tab.

The vast majority of the more notable things are highlighted in the Nintendo Holiday Gift Guide 2019 Cyber Deal page.

Finding things on their eShop page requires heavy use of filters or the search bar to locate exactly what you want in a reasonable amount of time

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
How can I see how these prices convert to Canadian?

really wanna pick up either dragons dogma or dark souls and curious what the prices will be in cad

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok my Black Friday shopping spree is all done. No more games till the new year if I can help it. Mua3 dlc should help. Spent about ~40ish bucks(all but one buck on Ichidant r was covered by gold coins )

H8wvLs9.jpg

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

The webstore link in the OP should help you see everything on sale.

Sep 14, 2019
Can anyone help me make a choice?

Wolfenstein 2, Doom, or Wolfenstein Youngblood?

I wanted to go all out on this year's sales, but I haven't event finished Pokémon Sword's story yet. I definitely don't have time to buy a bunch of games.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I was considering getting the Contra / Castlevania / Mega Man / Mega Man X legacy collections, but instead decided to go with:
  • 20XX
  • Mega Man 11
  • 7 Billion Humans (I loved Human Resource Machine)
Trying new stuff instead of sticking with the old classics :-)

Also considering Captain Toad but I already played most of it on Wii U.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I bought Monkey Ball, I paid the $5 convenience tax over Target to get it digital and right now. Never played whichever Monkey Ball it's a remaster of, but I've had the worst nostalgia itch to play any Monkey Ball and $30 is alright even if it's not my Gamecube based memories.

I wanted to go all out on this year's sales, but I haven't event finished Pokémon Sword's story yet. I definitely don't have time to buy a bunch of games.

Can't go wrong with Doom. Wolf 2 is iight but not as good as New Order. I didn't like Youngblood at all, and if you aren't playing it coop I imagine it'll be even worse. I can't comment on the Switch port quality however. I played Wolf 2 and Doom on my PS4, and Youngblood was the freebie game with my GPU.

Gles

Aug 4, 2019
I'm considering buying one of the atelier games, would be my first one.

Which one would you guys recommend?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017

DOOM by an incredible margin. Haven't played Youngblood, but Wolf 2 was a major letdown.

DOOM I can go on and on about how great it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.