• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'd be interested in a remake of the trilogy in one package that - while still an epic - curated the content into a more streamlined (consistent gameplay, as many fans dream of) and a largely abridged experience (largely to make it a realistic project with the content of 3 games in the fidelity of next-gen). Cut filler and put the standout side content along the critical path. Fully realize the Citadel from the bones of Mass Effect 1 (minus the elevators) and have that be consistent throughout this remade faux-trilogy. Essentially the AAA video game equivalent of an anime movie that retells an entire series in a theatrical runtime.

Also release a straightforward remaster of Mass Effect 1-3 w/ all its DLC for the sake of preservation and purists.

Or, fuck it, what do I really want vs how I think they're realistically gonna rehabilitate the series and fandom (remasters)? Something new that's worthy of 1-3. Maybe that's Andromeda 2 with bold rebranding or another tangential sequel.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
- Get the first three games running on current/next-gen consoles.
- Include high-res textures, controller support on PC, accessibility options like the option to skip minigames. (These are all already available via mods on PC)
- Include all DLC.

I think this would be cheap to make and fairly popular.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
i know it'll sound batshit crazy, but hear me out

Mass Effect....
REMASTERED

giphy.gif

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Remaster first

Rewrite the ending so you don't write yourself into a hole and forget about Andromeda and start from there.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
ME trilogy enhanced remaster complete with all the DLC and gameplay adjustment.
Continue or finish Andromeda story with a comic/novel.
New ME entry using one of the ending as canon.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
ME trilogy enhanced remaster complete with all the DLC and gameplay adjustment.
Continue or finish Andromeda story with a comic/novel.
New ME entry using one of the ending as canon.
If you're thinking what I'm thinking , then you know which ending that has to be...

Oct 24, 2019
Mass Effect 1 full remake and Mass Effect 2 & 3 remastered.

Then make another ME like those, and not like Andromeda.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Remaster the trilogy. That's the most I can trust BioWare, I completely don't trust them to make a good ME game anymore.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Seems like there should be a followup tweet, but there isn't.

How should Hudson's words be taken at this point? It feels like ever since he returned to Bioware, his public statements have been a lot of "We're listening and we care" while demonstrating neither and standing purposely oblivious to the bad press like the Schreier Anthem article. And how involved was he in the culture of Bioware Magic?

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
I've heard good things about the multiplayer in mass effect 3, but I never got around to playing it. If they aren't making a trilogy remake or don't plan to include the mp as well, might be nice if they remastered the mp and release it separately as some free to play thing.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Give the franchise to someone else and let them do a reboot.

The brand has so much untapped potential but BioWare just do not seem to have it in them anymore.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't do fifa numbers and that's all matters to them

I mean, they are about to release two games that won't do FIFA numbers and they are constantly funding EA Originals titles and they don't even make 5% of FIFA numbers.

EA has a more varied library than Activision, 2K, Warner Bros and some people here think that they only make FIFA games lol

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It's comical to me that EA hasn't even looked at the softball that is the Mass Effect trilogy remaster. Hell, they could probably sell the game remasters individually and get away with it.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they are about to release two games that won't do FIFA numbers and they are constantly funding EA Originals titles and they don't even make 5% of FIFA numbers.

EA has a more varied library than Activision, 2K, Warner Bros and some people here think that they only make FIFA games lol

To explain my head space I did worked there and internally fifa numbers is all that mattered to them

Remastering ME may have been an idea but I don't think they would waste their resources on it if the projected sale expectations wasn't good enough

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't want a trilogy remaster... I want a full on remake with several improvements.

Never going to happen, though.

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
Trilogy on PS4 and then on PS5 as separate releases so I can earn the trophies again.
When you earn all three platinums on PS5 you get a trailer for Mass Effect 4.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
To explain my head space I did worked there and internally fifa numbers is all that mattered to them

Remastering ME may have been an idea but I don't think they would waste their resources on it if the projected sale expectations wasn't good enough

Of course FIFA matters, just like GTA matters to TT and COD to Activision.

But saying that EA won't do other things because they don't bring FIFA money makes no sense when only in 2019 they released:

- Sea of Solitude
- Apex Legends
- PvZ Battle for Neighborville
- SW Jedi Fallen Order
- NFS Heat

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
What kind of question is this? They know folks want the trilogy remastered for PS4 or PS5, perhaps with 4k and 60fps. .. And they know folks want a new game in the franchise.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

You can all begin starting with Mass Effect Remastered

... I could write a novel about what I want. I may just end up doing that and email them my carefully planned slide-show presentation.

But a bangin' Remaster of the Mass Effect Trilogy with everything included would be a good start.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Andromeda 2, with the hope that we see a massive improvement along the lines of Assassin's Creed 1 to 2.