• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

krat0zs

Jan 18, 2020
UK
Unless Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 show up, I don't care.

I would love those but sadly we won't get them, I feel like The Pokemon Company will be extremely reluctant to let people play with "legacy" game mechanics and without multiplayer or connectivity with the GB Pokemon games so it's technically an incomplete experience even though I would be happy to just play with rental pokemon

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
People threw a fit when SF64 ran better on the Wii, so they patched it to make it authentic.

...that's news to me. Unless you're joking?

Speaking of which, I'm hoping the Virtual Console alterations we saw for that game aren't present here -- I don't have side-by-side comparisons on me at the moment, but stuff like Solar and the Macbeth train explosion lost their punch with distinct color muting and whatnot.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Winback I believe is a Koei Tecmo game, so maybe they could give SNES and NES a boost with some dank ass Strat games.
Yup Koei is right there on the box. Still have hope for snowboard kids since we have a full sega console and got smt on Snes
Edit: I was rude and out of line, so I'll elaborate.

Nintendo has effectively locked this software and hardware behind a paywall (so far as I can tell). The games are tied to the subscription, so if you end your sub, you lose your games. If you lose those games, suddenly your $50 controller (that is also locked behind a paywall) becomes an extremely silly investment.

It's not about them wanting money, it's about them locking consumers out of their products *unless* they pay for the service, and even then it's a gamble if you keep them, if your hardware works with other games not in the sub, or if those games will be around on the next line of Nintendo hardware.

Nintendo sucks.
The N64 controller will work for any game it has enough buttons for, like for example it'll work with the new Mario party or fighting games for example
Seeing the other regions reminds me I have no idea what region exclusives there were for N64/Genesis and I'm excited to find out and play them.

Which OOT? Did the GCN port fix something?
Custom Robo V1/2 is the big first party one and some DD stuff

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I keep seeing more games on every page and I'm amazed the OP didn't update yet cause going through 15 pages is ...not what I wanted to do lol

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
"Customer loyalty"? There's 3 games on All-Stars.
That doesn't change much. Super Mario 64 was a significant part of that package and is now included in a subscription package that'll take years to total $60 with significantly more games. I guarantee you at least a few people are annoyed at that.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's alright on PC side where you can also just grab the ROMs and run into the emulator of choice. It was also ok on PS4.

That's not "alright".

I mean, it's alright that you as the user is able to unofficially do that on the PC, but as an official product, it's horrible. The entire collection on PC and all consoles, is awful.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that they are using the original version of Mario 64 when they have the All Stars ROM with some better textures? Well, at least "so long gay Bowser" will be back.

Switch_NSOExpansionPack_N64_SCRN02_SuperMario64

This is emulation.

The collection has a remaster.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
I keep seeing more games on every page and I'm amazed the OP didn't update yet cause going through 15 pages is ...not what I wanted to do lol
Yeah, OP should update. Here's the full list:

Not sure if anybody put together the list of N64 and Genesis games for all regions yet, but here it is:

Launch N64 titles
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Star Fox 64
  • Yoshi's Story
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • WinBack
  • Mario Tennis
  • Dr. Mario 64 (US & EU)
  • Sin and Punishment
Launch Genesis titles
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Contra: Hard Corps
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (US & EU)
  • Puyo Puyo (JP)
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Golden Axe
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Musha
  • Phantasy Star IV
  • Ristar
  • Shining Force
  • Shinobi III
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Strider
Future N64 titles
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Mario Golf
  • Pokémon Snap
  • F-Zero X
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Stars
  • Paper Mario
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Custom Robo (JP)
  • Custom Robo V2 (JP)
Also, the official Japanese Nintendo site lists these future games with an など (etc.) at the end, so there will be more beyond these!

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Hmm, that's about the list I expected. I would like to play Star Fox, but I have all those genesis games elsewhere. Bit of a hard sell for me, at least at first.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, Mario 64 in 3D All Stars is also emulation. They literally just used an updated ROM and changed some textures.

Still, it's not 100% the original game. It's a modified game.

NSO is like the virtual console where games are based off the originals, so that means no framerate or slowdown improvements.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I would love those but sadly we won't get them, I feel like The Pokemon Company will be extremely reluctant to let people play with "legacy" game mechanics and without multiplayer or connectivity with the GB Pokemon games so it's technically an incomplete experience even though I would be happy to just play with rental pokemon
Ahh, but they can also put the GB games on the Switch Online and allow them to do it that way.

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao I can't believe them. I'm the target audience for this, the N64 was my main console for most of my childhood. There is no way I'm paying extra for that small selection, especially after seeing how slow they've been to add NES/SNES games. Not sure what they're thinking

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao I can't believe them. I'm the target audience for this, the N64 was my main console for most of my childhood. There is no way I'm paying extra for that small selection, especially after seeing how slow they've been to add NES/SNES games. Not sure what they're thinking

What if it's just an extra 90 cents per month or an extra 10 bucks per year?

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to get palm blisters from Mario Party, whenever that shows up

I strongly hope we see Diddy Kong Racing soon too.

I really doubt they'll release Mario Party 1 precisely for what it did to controllers. That's probably why it has never been re-released, but Mario Party 2 has.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I hope that:

1) N64 games support the Rumble Pak, and

2) Super Mario 64 Shindou Edition and Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition are included in the Japanese app. Would be great to have the rumble release of especially Wave Race 64 available here.

It even has some remixed music!

(the original version was this:)

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It had a bunch of improvements, but it was essentially a full remake. If it comes to Switch I imagine it'd be its own thing as opposed to part of NSO.

Yep.

I'm still shocked that people don't know how to differentiate a port from a remaster, or a remaster from a remake. The 3DS OoT is a full remake (minus the music).

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Why do ppl feel the need to come out of the woodwork to defend Nintendo's bullshit?

MS mops the fucking floor with them when it comes to classic catalogue access and even Sony's mediocre efforts with PS Now and VERY occasional ports are better than what Nintendo offers. Shit at least Sony consistently adds new games to PS Now every month.

Ppl shouldn't have to pay a more expensive monthly subscription just to legally play Mario 64 or Ocarina on their Switch. These should be at least be digital purchases.

I love my Switch, I love Nintendo games but the company fucking blows when it comes to being pro-consumer

Judging by this thread I'm seeing people either say they'll buy it, and others just laughing at the price increase. Not really seeing any defending.

Alooful

One Winged Slayer
Mar 27, 2020
They got Banjo Kazooie holy crap.

Also to anyone complaining about price - just buy the family plan with a few friends and suddenly you're paying <$10 per year

I'm paying $5/yr for mine cause I roped in 6 other people

Last edited:

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Winback is so random, I love it. I remember it as the "Metal Gear at home" back when I don't have Playstation.