• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This will be MUSHA's widest audience yet, assuming subscribers play it. Hopefully this paves the way for other non-Nintendo systems on the service.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Would be nice if those 'coming soon' games were 2021. And then 2022 had its own lineup where we get the....

Wave Race, 1080, Excitebike 64, Pilotwings, etc.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this shit sucks. I mean with more games later down the line, I can justify it but for now this ain't it for me.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
If they want to charge extra it needs to be more than just this IMO. I've got MD Classics on Switch already.. as much as I love N64, some games have dated horribly..

They said they'll talk more about it later, so if there are other benefits - I'm in - but otherwise I'm not really sure

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Really need some deeper cuts than the standard N64 & Genesis bundle games for me to consider this. Stick Mischief Maker or some Working Designs Sega CD games on there and we'll talk.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Don't understand the issue. The amount that we paid on VC for all the titles we're getting more than justifies the cost. These were what? $5 each on VC.
If you really wanted Mario 64 on Switch you had to pay 60 bucks and that gave you Sunshine and Galaxy as well.
So all things considered, it's probably the cheapest option to play Mario 64 all things considered....outside of a cheap n64 cart I guess.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, i will pay for that, and it feels good!

tumblr_pmu0swutHO1uaex0go1_r1_500.png

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
That Banjo tease at the end of the scroll haha, they know what they're doing for the HYPE!

Really happy about this, even though I'm actually a little disappointed no GB after all that lol. Megadrive is cool too, hopefully not long for a TG16 addition too!

I much prefer the subscription model to individual purchases, it's so cheap anyway and I get all the games. There's no way I'm buying the random 'deep cut' games but I like to play them and see if they're cool so having it all on a sub is good. It's all digital bullshit anyway so it's not like you own anything either way.

Sucks that it's still a month away, as it was pretty much the highlight of the Direct to me personally I was looking forward to it 'later today'. :(

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Would be nice if those 'coming soon' games were 2021. And then 2022 had its own lineup where we get the....

Wave Race, 1080, Excitebike 64, Pilotwings, etc.

I'd imagine some of them would come out in November and December. So we'd have the first set then a month later maybe Majora and Paper Mario, then in December Banjo for Christmas.

If they do one Nintendo game and one third party a month they could spread it out for awhile.

May 24, 2019
There's no non Jpn version of Sins &Punishment and we don't even get 50Hz version of NES/SNES games.
We absolutely will not have 50Hz version of anything anymore....maybe the Castlevania Advance collection I guess...

There were no Hz difference with GBA games. Maybe DracX pal version will have slowdown.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
There were no Hz difference with GBA games. Maybe DracX pal version will have slowdown.
I was thinking of course of the SNES game, the others are regular ass gameboy advance games.
They never ran at 50Hz to begin with.

Really need some deeper cuts than the standard N64 & Genesis bundle games for me to consider this. Stick Mischief Maker or some Working Designs Sega CD games on there and we'll talk.
Mega CD releases would open the door to n64 DD games.
Considering how complicated it is to get n64 DD games these days, that would make the service well worth whatever price they have in mind.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
No WaveRace? :(

also imagine it being just ROMs, all the low frame rates and slowdowns will stay in tact.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sega CD Snatcher would be nice, too. Konami might be better off selling it separately, though. As long as it gets re-released, I will be happy.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Don't understand the issue. The amount that we paid on VC for all the titles we're getting more than justifies the cost. These were what? $5 each on VC.

Is it really hard to understand that some people would rather own the games they buy than deal with subscription FOMO? I'd rather selectively buy what I want than this Netflix model where 90% of it I won't play.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
At those prices, buying the controller should give you the games.
Charging an additional subscription is ridiculous.

Jan 29, 2018
If the price increase is more than like $5 a year I'll probably pass.

I want to buy that N64 controller for some reason though. Just to have.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Nintendo is legitimately the worst of the big three when it comes to how they treat customers and product value, lol.

Just highway robbery all day long. Shit is wild to me.

in_my_J1s

Dec 4, 2020
The question I've been debating the last couple of years…is Nintendo a severely understaffed Mom and Pop company that plays on a big stage or do they really not give a fuck and just do the bare minimum to rake in the money?

ivalice

Banned
Sep 3, 2021
If they let me convert my remaining sub time to this 'new plan' then I'm in for that amount of time. Otherwise they can eat my entire ass.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Listen Switch Online is so cheap as is the extra cost ain't that bad though still bogus as I don't find the current offering that valuable, but only 9 N64 games at launch come on now.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
OP only mentions Mario Kart and Star Fox with online play, that's just conjecture right? There's no confirmation Mario Tennis and Dr. Mario wouldn't have online multiplayer?

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
I'm liking the looks of this but...

FAAZCVwVEAEV11l

I sure hope this isn't implying Europe is getting 50hz versions of certain games, 'cos I'll have to start up an entirely different NSO subscription on my US account.

Pretty sure you can make a different region account(non NSO), download that region's console app(ex: Famicom/Super Famicom) and play with your NSO account

That's how I play Famicom games. Don't need a Japan account with NSO to get it.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Nintendo is legitimately the worst of the big three when it comes to how they treat customers and product value, lol.

Just highway robbery all day long. Shit is wild to me.
I dunno, a price increase for N64 and Genesis seems reasonable enough. N64 games are definitely more valuable than SNES ones.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
English localization for Sin & Punishment would have me ecstatic.

Mischief Makers would rule. I'd also like to try to get into Hybrid Heaven again.

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand how people here can be excited to pay extra to play 25 year old games that they own on 5 different consoles.

Consolidation to a hybrid system and online multiplayer is something I can understand. This is hard to gauge since the price isn't announced, though, and Nintendo likely chose to wait so that they can check out the responses and feedback.

The current membership plan is relatively cheap, though (IMO), so I believe there is some reasonable leeway with the price increase.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I own a ton of digital games on PS3 I can't play on my PS4, or I didn't think I could. How do I transfer stuff like NBA Jam to my PS4?
I don't understand. Is that not a thing you can do? Pretty sure most digital PS3 games can be played on the PS4?

Edit: Oh, I guess I'm wrong? But that's a Sony thing. They can fuck off for that. Same with Nintendo.