• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Damn, thinking that they were going to expand this $20/year service with console generations beyond SNES without raising the price is some high level delusion. Absolute insanity lmao.

animalcrosser

Banned
Apr 7, 2020
Winback is amazing. Nintendo essentially has my college party pack in the n64 collection (minus NFL Blitz, but we know that's not possible).

Oct 25, 2017
I should know better than to assume I know what Nintendo is going to do, but I can't help but feel like them releasing an Ocarina of Time rom precludes the possibility of a port of the 3DS game. Such a shame.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sell this you cowards:

s-l300.jpg

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
YES!!!

Finally. And Genesis is a nice bonus. I'm pumped to jump back into Yoshi Story, play Banjo for the first time, and if we're getting Banjo than Duffy Kong Racing feels inevitable.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna be going in on a family plan with friends again, but we all groaned when it was announced as paid extra.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Like where's Outrun, Afterburner 2, Space Harrier 2 and Super Hang-On!?

Solbright

Oct 28, 2017
Yikes. The classic offerings of NSO have always been disappointing, and this just makes Nintendo seem tone deaf. I'll just continue getting a better experience emulating my collection. If you want my money, Nintendo, you have to do more than this. You'd have my money with Super Mario All-stars type eshop releases at higher res, but noooo....dump the roms in a clunky app and charge a sub...

Not to mention, OoT, Majoras Mask, Star Fox, and SM64 all have (or had, in the case of Mario) better versions available elsewhere, already complete, but we get the untouched originals. Good they added multiplayer, but it's not something I'll ever use.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
was pretty meh on this until i realized mario kart 64 online

fucking finally - mario kart 64 balloon battle online. it's all i've ever wanted.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Because the online component to Nintendo's games sucks, and making us pay a subscription fee for it is ridiculous.

Also, Sony and Microsoft and similar subscriptions for free games. The thing is, they don't make that the only way to play those games. You can still buy them outright.

Many people have already bought these games when they originally came out, and when they were released on the Wii virtual console. We shouldn't have to buy them again or pay a subscription fee to play them. We already own them.
I totally agree with you and can see why you're frustrated by this.

Personally, I haven't purchased any games on previous Nintendo consoles and I'm keen to play games like OoT and Mario 64 (for the first time). So the cost will be worth it to me.

But in your case (and for many others), I do appreciate how it's anti-consumer to make you pay for a new service instead of transferring your purchased games across.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Era loves their tiered subscription services and this was rumored about before, yet somehow there's a problem now.

With Genesis in it means NSO may get the good version of Earthworm Jim if they add the Genesis one.

Eh, Saturn may be a bit complicated.
It's funny. If this were something else, people would be poor shaming, saying that it's just a few bucks to upgrade... -_-

And regarding the second one, no no my little cheapy no brand Android can play Saturn games. Considering hacked versions of the Switch can play some, I would assume that they could. The problem is of course, Sega. Effort only SOMETIMES applicable.

I still want an original style NiGHTS so I can 2.0 Gulpo again :/

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it has rumble built in as that would make me want to get it. The genesis controller I can't understand the cost

Shizzlee

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, I think it's stupid that they'll charge more. On the other hand, I'm very interested in online play for some N64 games if they get added to the service...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Online is of little value to me because it doesn't support randos

People will bemoan the lack of 3-button but the 6-button is overrated and underutilized

But it has Banjo so I will probably play. Also if it has OG Majora.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Just let me buy the games gosh how hard is it to just take my money and give me a game
Gamepass works because you have options, you can subscribe or you can buy outright, whatever works for you
I feel exactly the same way. I love GamePass but I don't want a subscription service for N64/Genesis games. I just want to buy a handful of Virtual Console games and be done with it. Ugh.

May 24, 2019
If somebody make an adapter so I can use the N64 pad with an N64, I'm getting it.
I should just get one to have a new stick for my original pads.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Paid expansion for a subscription service? Ehhhhh.

I have most of those Genesis games on Switch (save M.U.S.H.A.), and I'm just not sold on the N64, so yeah, I'll be passing on this.

I wonder what this means for NES/SNES Online? Will they still be updating it? I was really hoping to see Nickelodeon GUTS, Timecop, Ballz, Vortex and Bebe's Kids hit the service.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Nintendo, I get to play the Sega games that I already have in the Genesis Collection.