• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
That quarantine episode was wonderful. Most definitely the best quarantine media I've seen so far.

Binged the show today and yesterday, funniest scene by a mile was the mo-cap with Poppy and Ian in episode 7. Charlotte Nicdao is a treasure.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Didn't know this new ep was a thing until the thread was bumped. Really enjoyed it!

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I had no idea what you guys were talking about with a quarantine episode and was trying to figure out if I had skipped something on my season 1 watch

EDIT: pretty good episode!

Last edited:

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
The references to episode 5 here didn't ring a bell at all! Turns out my Apple TV skipped it entirely, so guess I've got a new episode to watch.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So this turned out good? Really good scores on Rottentomatoes. Any hope this is ever coming to something not Apple+?

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

rezuth

Nov 5, 2017
I gotta say that this was the strongest episode of the season after episode 5. Really great work all around and the amount of effort that went into it was great. You can tell that the cast really loves making the show. I'm hoping that season 2 is a real step up after this inspiring episode,

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Just binged the show so far and absolutely love it. Dunno why I was put off it, despite loving Sunny but it's earned at least a month of Apple TV+ from me. Hope they keep making it.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
There's a really interesting interview about the production of this episode in Hollywood Reporter:

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Mythic Quest: Quarantine’: 40 iPhones, $600K for Charity and a Cast and Crew Eager to Keep Going

Rob McElhenney and Megan Ganz, co-creators of the Apple TV+ series 'Mythic Quest,' open up about the "nightmare" shoot that has left them longing for more.

Sounds like season 2 is still being written and will have some rewrites depending on how things sit when everything is out of lockdown.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I just discovered this show a few days ago and am 8 or so eps in. I love it. It's not amazing or anything but it all comes together pretty well and I laugh out loud several times in an episode.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
How would this episode be for someone who's never watched the show. Tempted to watch this with some fam tonight.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
How would this episode be for someone who's never watched the show. Tempted to watch this with some fam tonight.
This episode? You mean the Quarantine episode?

It should be okay. Has the rest of your family seen the rest of the show?
Not knowing the relationship dynamics / history between the cast is going to affect your enjoyment for sure.

If the rest of your family hasn't seen the show either, then don't watch the Quarantine ep. Just start the series from Ep 1.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
This episode? You mean the Quarantine episode?

It should be okay. Has the rest of your family seen the rest of the show?
Not knowing the relationship dynamics / history between the cast is going to affect your enjoyment for sure.

If the rest of your family hasn't seen the show either, then don't watch the Quarantine ep. Just start the series from Ep 1.
Ok thanks I'll probably just save it for us then.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trying not to spoil it for myself but continuing the rewatch I finally got to the coveted episode 5.

And holy shit you guys were right, that was out of this world. The chemistry of Jake Johnson and Cristin Miloti sells it, and that final scene choked me up like crazy. What an amazing episode.

It reminded me a lot of This is Us.

Last edited:

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Only seen the first episode so far. Seems promising. Really getting "The Guild" vibes from it. Anyone remember that show? Especially in the later series where they get jobs at the MMO company.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only seen the first episode so far. Seems promising. Really getting "The Guild" vibes from it. Anyone remember that show? Especially in the later series where they get jobs at the MMO company.
Definitely has The Guild vibes when it comes to jumping between conflict revolving around a MMO. And the whole last season definitely is where this show stems from.

But the difference in humor came from the core characters. Like how the Guild Leader uses the financial strategy of the other member's mom to break the game's economy for major profit only to be banned and seeking revenge. Or one character trying to date someone who works on the game for free gifts only to fall for him later.

While this show is more corporate in its conflicts.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
That Quarantine episode..... been a while that a show made me tear up

I nearly ugly cried at the poppy-ian stuff, no idea why but it hit me hard and I had a reasonable quarantine time here in austria

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What a great quarantine episode. Made me tear up.

This show rules and being locked on Apple TV means, like, so few people can watch it. Egh.