• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This was posted under Events/Announcements for the Elden Ring Steam page (so presumably by the publisher, unless I don't understand how "Steam events" work..):

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: ELDEN RING :: Who did the crucible knights serve?

The majority of these powerful warriors served but one master. Think not of the outlier, gone to the Volcano Manor. His exception demonstrates the rule.

Screenshot in case it gets taken down or something:

Sz33KMv.png

What does this mean? What is this about and why was this posted? I don't know. Speculation is that it's a hint at some DLC, but who knows?

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
*Miyazaki on the Thumbnail* WHAT IS HE COOKING

In all seriousness hope an announcement happens soon if anything is coming

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, time for them to announce Barbarians of the Badlands!

/s, that leak was fake af

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They've done a handful of posts like this on the Steam Community Hub and Twitter. They just seem like random lore posts or something.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
whats the answer, i dont remember>

OP
OP
Morrigan

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
They've done a handful of posts like this on the Steam Community Hub and Twitter. They just seem like random lore posts or something.
I see, all the Steam posts I saw were patch notes or the like, so I thought this was, well, something. But maybe not, boooo

OP
OP
Morrigan

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
All right requesting a lock. Dammit I got too excited 😭

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty sure the Crucible Knights served Godwyn, except for the "outlier," who (i think) is that huge dude standing next to Tanith at Volcano Manor.

if this is some sort of hint at a DLC, then maybe the Crucible Knights serve "The Elden Lord" in a more generic sense, which leads me to pray that the DLC does not include any dragon battles because dragon battles in Elden Ring are .... not fun.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Gotta say the title of Mysterious Steam news did make this interesting until seeing it's a generic article on Crucible Knights. Not very mysterious :D

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Only Crucible Knight DLC I want is one that removes them from the game

jk

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read that as a lore tease post of the CK from Volcano Manor which you fight after killing Tanith.

I didn't even think it was for a potential DLC.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that they ask you if you've beaten "the knight" makes me assume this is just a social media-esque hype post of content already in the game.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
They have a bunch of similarly style posts in the same format on twitter for a while now.

Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.