• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is the better villain?

• Mysterio

Votes: 62 73.8%
  • Scarecrow

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
amazingspiderman-gauntlet-mysterio5.jpg

Mysterio the master of illusion

Scarecrow the master of fear

d324ddf1b810bfa8d789839ba90122a6.jpg

Both of these are memorable parts of their heroes rogues gallery and rely on trickery and illusions. Between the two of them, who do you think is better and why regarding role, design, powers and impact against their hero.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Scarecrow has to get in real close for you to start seeing shit. Or he has to fill a room with gas.

Mysterio can convince you to walk off a bridge you never even realized was there.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Mysterio does ilusions.

making people use drugs is not an illusion.

That being said, scarecrow trippy dreams are my favorites.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Scarecrow is almost always edgy nonsense, and the obsessive gimick just makes him really one note. Hes like a cartoon villain that aught to only exist for one episode to teach children about overcoming their fears.

Mysterio is just way more entertainingly villanous, the contrast of his megalomaniacal showmanship and the petty frustrations that cause it are fun. Plus he actually has to try with his illusory manipulstions, and often does so in far more creative and unexpected ways that just spooking people.
Also the dome is just ace costuming.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mysterio, easily.

I feel like both of them would get owned if they switched antagonists, though. Batman would probably see right through Mysterio's bullshit, and Scarecrow would likely have trouble tagging Spidey with his drugs.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Hallucinations aren't illusions so my vote would have to go to Mysterio as the better illusionist. But overall I prefer Scarecrow as a villain.