• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all right. My mistake. Editing my comment.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I think this is just repeating what was shown in the notes, not that it's actually happening.
Trump's pretty stupid, but after the capitol backlash, I think he knows that trying anything right now would fail spectacularly and push him further toward conviction in the senate.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

WH aides:
giphy.gif

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Man, imagine if those documents weren't photographed, we could have had a full blown insurrection in the next few days.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
You think he just happened to slip up? It's theatre.
no we wouldn't. Trump cannot suspend the constitution even with "martial law"

I'm sure most of you thought people wouldn't actually storm the Capitol building a few weeks ago, but look what happened.
I don't count out Trump trying anything in his last few hours. Even if he doesn't get what he wants in the end, it would cause hell for a few days.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm sure most of you thought people wouldn't actually storm the Capitol building a few weeks ago, but look what happened.
I don't count out Trump trying anything in his last few hours. If he doesn't get what he wants in the end, it would cause hell for a few days.

People storming the capital was entirely possible, but they wouldn't have magically given Trump the power to suspend the constitution either and the process completed.

there is no avenue for suspending the constitution. What would Trump do? As stated by others, even the insurrection act only allows the military to uphold civilian law and support police. Biden is president on Wednesday no matter what Trump says or does.

and immediately in Wednesday the military (as acknowledged by the top generals) answers to Biden.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
I don't think Trump will be very pleased by this guy visiting him with such "plans" and getting them photographed by the press after these past few days.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Can I just say that I love that he's just "my pillow guy"? He's not worthy of an actual name.
(And yes, I know his name was in the OP, but I forgot it before submitting this post.)

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
People storming the capital was entirely possible, but they wouldn't have magically given Trump the power to suspend the constitution either and the process completed.

there is no avenue for suspending the constitution. What would Trump do? As stated by others, even the insurrection act only allows the military to uphold civilian law and support police. Biden is president on Wednesday no matter what Trump says or does.

and immediately in Wednesday the military (as acknowledged by the top generals) answers to Biden.

Something tells me if someone truly wants keep themselves in power they'll ignore the Constitution, under the pretense that they actually won a second term, especially if they know they will have support. Anyway, I'm just glad this "leaked" so any bullshit that comes out in the next few days doesn't gain any traction. That was really the point of my original post.

Dec 30, 2020
Trump's pretty stupid, but after the capitol backlash, I think he knows that trying anything right now would fail spectacularly and push him further toward conviction in the senate.
No. Never qualify any "trump is stupid but-" statement. He doesn't learn, he can't read a room, he has no awareness of the reality around him, he doesn't understand the gravity of his actions or gravity in general, and he's so bone-shatteringly stupid that there's no longer a fitting comical analogy to compare it to, so in the future people will have to use him to conclude these jokes.

"That kid's dumb as a trump."

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Lindell said he gave POTUS this document & also provided to me. Said, falsely, it was clear Biden lost and Trump won — by 11 million votes. Said the truth would one day come out. After meeting with WH lawyers, who he said weren't interested, he wasn't let back in to see POTUS.

8:02 PM · Jan 15, 2021

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Lindell said he gave POTUS this document & also provided to me. Said, falsely, it was clear Biden lost and Trump won — by 11 million votes. Said the truth would one day come out. After meeting with WH lawyers, who he said weren't interested, he wasn't let back in to see POTUS.

8:02 PM · Jan 15, 2021

Wow. It is such sophisticated technology that it somehow also hacked physical mail-in paper ballots as well. Amazing!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So....this is literally just the guy telling Trumpers that they should buy from his companies, right?
Like this is a "look at me, look at me, I am your guy" situation, right?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Serious question:
If Trump tries to implement martial law can the generals just say no?
The generals don't really have to do anything, because I'm pretty sure the Posse Comitatus Act prevents Trump from directing the military to interfere with in law enforcement without congressional approval he very much will not receive.