• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday, my XB1X started making a noise that sounded like crickets while playing A Plague Tale. I had the windows open so I dismissed it as noise from outside. Then I noticed it again tonight and decided to make a recording. It doesn't do it constantly but almost. Don't mind the floor board noise, lol.

Does this sound normal?

Edit: I know it's not actually crickets, thanks. I'm wondering if my XBox is defective.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk about an X but my S was doing this last month on and off and I had to open it to put machine oil into the fan bearing to make it stop hasn't done it since.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
GUEST_44d13c4f-61cb-4a39-b22c-1203e7f211c0

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Sounds like an electrical noise to me. Make sure your power cables are plugged in tight.

I once had an original Xbox's power cable spark and burn a hole through the Xbox's plastic. Was fubar after that.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hear the same noise whenever I make a joke.

Sometimes you just get this faulty system. I had this playstation system that was great overall, but kept making this loud noise that had me snuffing it with a pillow one night. Hopefully you get yours fixed!

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
My Xbox One X was also making a strange noise but then I realized it was on for some reason so I turned it off and problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.