• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks to the Mayflash Magic-S wireless controller adapter

https://www.amazon.com/MAGIC-S-Wire...d=1533937908&sr=8-1&keywords=Mayflash+magic+s

201708291407115592.jpg

Setup is incredibly easy

- download the latest update, connect the converter and apply it
- stick it into the PS4 and press the one button to rule em all (there's only one button)
- then press whatever button(s) you normally press on your controller to sync it - done

This specific version of the converter (there are others) works on PS4, PS3 and PC. It supports the Xbox One, Switch Pro and even joycons among others.

I love the Switch Pro controller and I've been wanting a converter like this for a while. So far I'm very pleased.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Wow had no idea this even existed, I might pick this up. Fortnite on the Pro Controller just feels so good but I didn't want to play with 30fps.
Gotta ask, is there any noticeable input lag?

Kelegacy

Nov 12, 2017
Maine
The triggers being merely buttons and not true triggers are the only bad part of the Pro controller. That makes it inferior to both PS4 and Xbone though still a good controller otherwise.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Awesome ! the Switch version is awesome, specially considering how expensive is some of the switch controllers here in south america

Weird that the ps4 version does not have dinput, only xinput for pc

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wow had no idea this even existed, I might pick this up. Fortnite on the Pro Controller just feels so good but I didn't want to play with 30fps.
Gotta ask, is there any noticeable input lag?

If lag is a concern for you, investigate the Brook Super Converters. They're wired but confirmed 100% lag free. They're used by the fighting game community for that specific reason. I use a couple of them on my PS4.

Milkypooz

Oct 27, 2017
sorry to bump this old thread but i'm interested in this as playing Apex Legends with the dual shocks is painful after using the Switch Pro controller. Have there been any hiccups like disconnects or button mapping issues?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything out there to use PS4 controller on Switch? Would save me a bunch of money from having to buy 2 more Pro controllers.

OP
OP
Knight in Shining Armani
Oct 30, 2017
sorry to bump this old thread but i'm interested in this as playing Apex Legends with the dual shocks is painful after using the Switch Pro controller. Have there been any hiccups like disconnects or button mapping issues?

Only problems I've had is occasional drift on the left stick, that would usually fix itself by either reconnecting or flicking the stick for a bit. Not sure if that's even a Mayflash or controller problem.

Does anybody use it? I couldn't find any proper review of this thing

Yeah, me. Been playing a bunch of RE2 with it recently.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
How does it handle switching back and forth from using the Pro Controller on Switch and PS4? Would I have to manually remove the adapter from the PS4 every time I wanted to use the Pro controller on Switch?

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump an old thread like this, but I didn't see the need in making a whole new one about this, but I decided to go ahead and buy this adapter for myself. I saw that there were some Amazon reviews complaining about it disconnecting the controller after about 10 minutes even after updating it to the latest firmware, just curious if this has ever been an issue for you Knight in Shining Armani .

OP
OP
Knight in Shining Armani
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to bump an old thread like this, but I didn't see the need in making a whole new one about this, but I decided to go ahead and buy this adapter for myself. I saw that there were some Amazon reviews complaining about it disconnecting the controller after about 10 minutes even after updating it to the latest firmware, just curious if this has ever been an issue for you Knight in Shining Armani .

Can't remember that ever happening and I'm sure I would.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any kind of switch that works on multiple consoles? As in, using Switch Pro controllers on a PS4 and using PS4 controllers on a switch?

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Is there any kind of switch that works on multiple consoles? As in, using Switch Pro controllers on a PS4 and using PS4 controllers on a switch?
In theory Mayflash could make it happen if they wanted to, but for now it looks like you'll need 2 separate adapters for that. Both the one in the OP, the Magic-S (any controller to x-input, d-input, PS4) and the Magic-NS (any controller to x-input, d-input, Switch). Seems the current design is limited to three output modes, hence the two variants needed.

Jun 18, 2018
I like my DS4, but maybe it's time to live the dream and have an Elite controller for my PS4.

Is there any risk of extra lag with these converter devices?

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thabks for bump, gonna get it to use the Pro on PC. My hands cramp up from using the Dualshock to play Beat em Ups.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
That's great. But it's there a way to use the DS4 on a PS3? I know you can sync it wirelessly. But all buttons doesn't work.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Randomly found this page when looking for better controller solutions as my Dualshock 4s have seen their fair share of work over the years. They've felt relatively sluggish when playing Gundam EXVS Maxiboost ON over the weekend and I didn't really want to get a new one with the PS5 so close as well.

As I've been using a Magic-NS (Switch) and that's worked wonderfully with my Wii U Pro Controller for Switch and PC with no issues at all, I didn't realize there was a PS4 version as well. So it's been great to discover there's now a Magic-S Pro that works for both the PS4 and Switch as a better all-in-one solution! ^^