• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has lasted over 10 years, but it just gave up on me. The analogue stick was worn out anyway.

What PC controller should I get. Is Xbox one the best one?

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Damn. Best controller in town and yeah. You might as well go for a new wired Xbox One controller or just get another 360 controller. I did both.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
If you were used to it, moving to the XBO controller is the best bet (or just get another 360 pad)

Dualshock 4 is also fantastic if you've got a spare one

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I just finally started using my Xbone controller I had sitting around for 2 years ready to replace my 360 one, though if you can get a new wireless 360 controller it's a solid choice too. I really like both equally since they are not really that different from eachother, only thing I can say is that the bluetooth of the Xbone controller never really worked great for me (tho YMMV depending on your bluetooth dongle) so I always use it wired.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Mine recently died too and I got an XBONE controller to replace it. I've noticed in a few games my controller doesn't work natively like the 360 pad did, other than that it's fine.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll settle on a Xbone one.
Note that it might take a while to get used to that controller if you've been using a 360 one for so long, XO controllers have way less resistance on the sticks and triggers and the D-Pad feels completely different. Took me a solid year of switching back and forth between the two controllers before finally feeling comfortable enough to retire my 360 one,

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Get a Dualshock 4, it's much better. You can use DS4Windows to customize it in all kinds of ways and the touchpad can be changed to do all kinds of commands. The DS4 and a bluetooth adapter is a godsend.

Isnt DS4 support shady in some PC games?

Is there any advantage with XBO over 360?

If you use DS4Windows, games will think it's exactly like a 360 controller so everything is supported.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
2f0.jpg

get an XB1 controller, or if you want to splurge then an elite.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
If you really like the 360 controller, just get another one. Most people like the Xbox one controllers a lot and I do too, but the analog stick feels very different so you might want to try it out first. I think the analog sticks are longer and the material is harder so it feels different and took me awhile to get used to. Not having the battery bump on the back was the best change for me though.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still an advocate that the 360 is superior for layout and width. The One controller is just too high and tight on the sticks to feel comfortable, but the triggers and button feel are much improved.

If you go the tech savvies, fix that 360 pad. If not, probably just easier to get a One pad.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
If you really like the 360 controller, just get another one.

Are official ones still easy and cheap to aquire? I tried looking for a wired 360 controller some time ago here in Denmark and they were hard to come by and expensive. Amazon had some at ridiculous prices. Wireless is hopefully easier/cheaper.