• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So sorry to hear about your loss Nando. The system failed your uncle so tragically.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
As an immigrant myself I'm so so sorry for you and your family and absolutely enraged by what happened. That should have never happened to your uncle. My condolences to your family. Please be strong for your family; focus on supporting them for the moment.

We'll have to keep fighting this shitty healthcare system and the shitty politicans to prevent situations like this from happening to others.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
When they got there he was told he needs authorization from a primary care provider, and without it they forced him to leave. The issue is that my uncle was an undocumented immigrant, no primary doctor, no health insurance.

I'm so sorry for this, nando. This additional layer seems like it would make it harder. Sounds like you have a big, strong family though so hopefully you guys can all take comfort in each other.

OP
OP

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you everyone :/ I posted this to vent, its not easy for me IRL. If someone reads into this and gains something from it, maybe his death wasn't in vain.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for your loss. :( Sounds like he was a great man. As hard as it was, thanks for sharing your story.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope no one else in your family has to suffer from this virus.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
If our society were to be judged by how we treat the least among us, then we would fail by every metric, just as we failed your uncle and your family. Just know that, at least for some of us, the death of your uncle will only add to our resolve in our pursuit of a more just and loving society that serves all of its people.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so sorry OP :(

My deepest condolences, hoping your family gets through this season of life stronger than before.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My condolences. I just heard my wife's aunt died too (nor from Corona but couldn't go to hospital because of Corona).

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thats a fucked up way to find out about a family member passing. Sorry he passed and sorry you had to find out like that. :(

hoagiecity

Oct 23, 2018
So sorry to hear. I lost a family member yesterday as well. It's a nightmarish time we're living in, I'm sending strength to you and the rest of your family.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Condolences, OP. Sorry you have to endure something like this.

I'm so sorry for this, nando. This additional layer seems like it would make it harder.

This is why some places have low testing numbers. Same guidance is here in Georgia. You can't just show up at a hospital, despite what may seem like a natural thing to do when someone falls ill. You have to contact a Primary Care Provider first and essentially greenlight care for COVID-19.
It seems primed for failing those who need help the most.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
The saddest part of this is that he couldn't get the tests and treatment he needed due to the way the system is set up.

Condolences to the family. Just hope he gets a good send off especially with the restrictions in place.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My condolences OP.

It sucks that he wasn't allowed the treatment he obviously needed, it sucks that he had to die alone, and it sucks that you can't have a traditional funeral because of this virus.

Throwing a party in his memory is as much as you can do right now, for honoring him and gaining peace of mind. I hope you all have a blast when that day comes.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and your family. I do hope you find in your heart the strength to keep on living with him in your heart and keep his spirit alive in your family.

My condolences.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Condolences OP, I don't really know what else to say right now but I hope sharing this helps you get through this.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really rough read so I can only imagine how you're feeling. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope the rest of your family remains healthy.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, that's so heartbreaking. :( I'm sorry for your loss OP.

This has my blood boiling. No one should be treated like that, and it makes me sick that your uncle couldn't get the help he needed. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.