• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's very therapeutic to release this type of thing into the abyss that is the internet... I hope others struggling with loss from COVID 19 can share their stories in this thread.

My Uncle was healthy 10 days ago. I know because I was sent a video of him being sung happy birthday by my aunt (his sister). She broke isolation for him and im so happy we were able to capture him happy one last time. He was wearing the sweater my mom had bought him for his birthday.

Immediately after he developed issues. Severe back pain, an extreme flu, difficulty breathing. Days passed and since he was showing all the symptoms another uncle of mine took him to the hospital. When they got there he was told he needs authorization from a primary care provider, and without it they forced him to leave.

The issue is that my uncle was an undocumented immigrant, no primary doctor, no health insurance. He's been here for 3 decades, working, paying taxes, going to church. All just to die because people voted for him to suffer since he broke the law to escape a third world country.

His only option was to stay home and do whatever he can to treat himself. His brother would check on him daily periodically. One day to the next, he was found on the floor wrapped in blankets, declared dead on arrival.

Im just so fucking angry and sad over this. The community i'm a part of keeps close contact with each other, so before I could even cope with this, i'm being sent videos of my uncle being put into an ambulance by EMT's wearing hazmat suits.The people sharing this were unaware that it was him, but it hit me so hard how fucked up this is.

Now my family has to wait to hear who needs to be tested from exposure. Due to distancing and isolation, a funeral is not realistic so he's going to be cremated. Once the virus is behind us, we're going to throw a big party to celebrate him. He was a professional musician, knew many instruments. A great father, a happy and contagiously energetic person.

I love you Zeba, rest in peace šŸ˜­šŸ˜–

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Sorry for your loss, Nando, all my best to you and your family in this time. The circumstances he went thru should never be like that for people. Never.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find comfort. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck bro. My deepest sympathies man. This shit is such trash and I want it to go away asap.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
RIP. Sorry for your loss.

$506 billion bailouts for corporations is enough for 17,000,000 COVID-19 treatments, several times or more than the amount of people that needs to be treated.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
OP, im sorry for your loss. Could you not have taken him to urgent care or the ER so a doctor could authorize a test?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Immediately after he developed issues. Severe back pain, an extreme flu, difficulty breathing. Days passed and since he was showing all the symptoms another uncle of mine took him to the hospital. When they got there he was told he needs authorization from a primary care provider, and without it they forced him to leave.

The issue is that my uncle was an undocumented immigrant, no primary doctor, no health insurance. He's been here for 3 decades, working, paying taxes, going to church. All just to die because people voted for him to suffer since he broke the law to escape a third world country.

That's unbelievable to the richest country in the world.

I'm sorry for your loss.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks for sharing and I hope it and stories like it will inform/remind people to commit to social distancing, hand washing, etc

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I am really sorry to hear this Nando,
That is probably the most terrible situation your family could be in, and I hope you are all able to cope.

I assume you are in the US? I have family out there, and the way Trump is handling the Caronavius sickens me. If you are up for it, this is a great story to share, perhaps considering sharing it elsewhere, like Reddit. Only when voices are heard, will things change.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

The issue is that my uncle was an undocumented immigrant,
no primary doctor, no health insurance. He's been here for 3 decades, working, paying taxes, going to church. All just to die because people voted for him to suffer since he broke the law to escape a third world country.

His only option was to stay home and do whatever he can to treat himself. His brother would check on him daily periodically. One day to the next, he was found on the floor wrapped in blankets, declared dead on arrival.

And now I'm just fucking fuming. Another death thanks to Trump and Republican shitheads who specifically stripped out the ability of undocumented individuals to get any aid from the relief package and encourage this kind of treatment.

RIP.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your uncle's story is absolutely heartbreaking and infuriating. :(

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'm so very sorry for your loss OP :(

I know how it feels like to lose a loved one to something like a flu, my grandma who took care of me most of my life died due to complications of the flu and pneumonia several years ago.

Please be strong and know that he is at rest and not suffering.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Rest in peace, i can't even begin to imagine how hard this is on you and your family you have my condolences.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Very sad to hear, I'm sorry for you and your family's loss. I can only hope some people learn from and grow from this terrible time.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Sorry for your loss, may love remain forever

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My condolences. That was a rough read, you're a better person than I am because you seem way more calm than I would be.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Made me tear up reading that. I'm so sorry for your loss. And it is what I worry about with my parents.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My condolences to you and your family, OP.