• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Just awful, fuck Covid (maybe response would have been faster and at least your mom could have been with him) and fuck this year. My condolences, ZeroDS. Hope you and your mom have someone who supports you right now.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My condolences. My mom had a stroke a couple years ago when my dad was out, and he found her unresponsive when he got home. It was pretty scary without having to worry about covid, and being able to see her at the hospital. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family have my deepest condolences.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
I'm very, very sorry.
My father had one 5 years ago
I'm so glad he's alive and well and still able to raise my younger brother but he ultimately could no longer be an oral surgeon due to impediments with precise finger movement which was and is a huge impact to his family.

I hope you and your mother can get through this. It sucks and is not fair, I've lost very important people in my life suddenly and there's nothing to direct frustration and rage at. I hope you can do a better job with that than I did.
All the best

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
OP, I'm terribly sorry. It sounds like a true nightmare. I don't have experience with this type of thing, so I just say I hope you and your mom can cope.

Sep 20, 2020
To quote Kaim from one of the first short stories you unlock in Lost Odyssey, "...death is not sorrow but a joy mixed with tears."

Sorry for your loss. Doubly so given the time of the year as well as just the overly stressful year 2020 has been.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Take some time to process it and grieve. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always happy to listen.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I'm sorry OP. I went through this with my dad. There's not a lot I can offer up besides how to weather the present storm. For me it was an immediate breakdown, and then after half a day I realized I could only help myself by helping everyone else. I consoled others in our family until they were at least able to cope. My moment came post-funeral in a room by myself, and I was ok with that. I don't know if that will work for you, but it's all I can offer. Focus on your family for now.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry OP. Life dealt you and your family a ruddy hand; it's okay to take some you time for a while.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently it took nearly two hours for the ambulance to arrive. Man strokes are all about timing those two hours could have been everything for him

Sorry to hear this OP... lost my brother to a stroke back in august. Took a while for him to get to the hospital and after a week or so, it just took a toll on him. Sorry that you were not able to be there: remember the good times.

OP
OP
ZeroDS

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks all for the kind words everyone. Just strange to think of someone so strong just gone suddenly. Makes you realise how fleeting this all is.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
My dad died this year and because of Covid He also had to die alone. He had multiple strokes and heart attacks over the years. This is terrible stuff to live through.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Thanks all for the kind words everyone. Just strange to think of someone so strong just gone suddenly. Makes you realise how fleeting this all is.

Sorry for your loss OP. Lost my dad a long time ago....take time to grieve. Give your mom love and support if you can. Hopefully you can be there for each other even at a distance.

So sorry again. Try to take it easy for a few days if you can.

OP
OP
ZeroDS

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry to bump this again, but I'm just feeling extremely low. I'm lucky I have my wife with me but I'm up and down like a rollercoaster.
Mum also trying to stay strong but she hasn't slept or eaten, she looks completely lost.

Feel powerless, sorry to vent