• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10

h2wQP14.jpg

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Astreus - God of the stars
Helios - God of the sun, same as Apollo

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
If you wanna keep it greek you could do Art (Artemis), Jason, Patrick (Patroclus), Sparta

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a suggestion of what you should call the child, just the suggestion please do not pick Hermes

OP
OP
FrakEarth

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Based on your avatar, you should pick another BSG call sign.

Starbuck
Boomer
Helo

Among the girls names we liked we would have seriously considered names like Hera and Athena! Gaius doesn't go too well with my surname.

You should name him Art, for Artemis. Keep the Greek theme going as long as possible.

Artemis was Apollo's sister for anyone who doesn't know.. I do like the idea of shortening it to Art or Artie though! I like Simon & Garfunkel so that might be in the running actually!

Other greek origin names we liked were Ophelia and Pheobe. Alas, it's a boy!

I had names like Orion, Atlas and Europa on my list before we knew the gender, but they fell below some of the more common names or names we felt my parents might find more palatable! 😄

In addition to thinking of how the names go together I'm also thinking of how people might shorten names for nicknames, any colloquial issues or mockery that could occur etc. It's difficult!

Orion is one of those that sounded like an instant "no" to me at first, but I'm not sure... Apollo & Orion does have a nice ring to it. And he could be my little Oreo 😋

I think these might be out just purely to avoid any feelings of insecurity as he grows up or reactions from people that might think the names come from a place of arrogance... I do actually like them - but being a man called Adonis is giving someone a lot to live up to! Likewise king of the gods!

Now this is kind of funny but also awesome. It has a bit of an alliterative feel with my surname too.. I feel like it would increase odds of him being famous to at least 80%

What's apollos middle name

Benjamin

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My partner and I have a 22 month old baby named Apollo. I'm British, and obviously that's a name of Greek / mythological origin - a lot of people assume we've named him after Apollo Creed or the space program - which isn't something I mind too much - but there was a lot of personal circumstance and synchronicity that went in to his naming that was personal to us. We love it, people who aren't keen on his name are generally quite nice really, and other people think his name is lovely or actually kind of awesome. And I love that.

We're expecting another baby boy in August and we're finding it tricky pulling together names that compliment Apollo. We had a few girls names in mind, we didn't have as many for boys...

My partner and I have been throwing names around - Aden, Theo, Leo, Alfie, Felix, Phoenix, Elijah, Alfie and others. We tend to say "Apollo and X" or "X and Apollo" out loud - just to get a feel for if the names go together... we're not wedded to the idea of the baby's name being similar in nature, but having scoured baby name sites and spoken to family I think I'd just like to maximise suggestions because I feel like I have a hierarchy of names I like, and I feel like when I hear the name, I'll just know it or it will grow on me over the coming months to the point I'm confident.

It could be that we don't decide on a name until the baby is born but I figure - you guys can be pretty cultured, versed in all kinds of media and literature -- maybe you guys might have some good suggestions?

If so I'm all ears!
I know Artemis was a goddesses name, but it's 2022 who cares? That or Kratos.