• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Ser_Luke

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
I have both consoles preordered through Target. It says the XSX is scheduled to be here next Monday and the PS5 still gives me the 13th-18th range. If the XSX is any indication, it'll probably be the 18th. It's a bummer but considering the state of the industry and the world, I'm grateful to be getting them delivered to my door reasonably close to launch day.

That sucks =( I was hoping to play this weekend there are a whole bunch of games I gave up on with my Pro because of the fan noise(with my ASD I have some sensory issues and if the fan gets loud enough I can't enjoy a game anymore) that I can't wait to play on PS5 so I'm super excited/anxious about this.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in the same boat.

Fortunately my Xbox Series X from Microsoft is scheduled to come tomorrow, so I have something to tide me over .

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
OP, are you serious? There's a preorder thread where we've been talking about this ad nauseam. It's not that difficult to check the thread multiple times a day to see all of the updates.

www.resetera.com

PlayStation 5 - Pre-Order |OT2| Play Has Limits (See Threadmark For Preorder Tips)

Pre-Order Information: Pre-orders are LIVE Launch: November 12th, 2020 – US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea November 19th, 2020 – Rest of the World* including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia and South Africa *PS5 launch date in China will be announced at a...

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
No update on my regular version either, sadly. Still a broad delivery date of 11/13-11/18. Hopefully we get an update today or tomorrow..

OP, are you serious? There's a preorder thread where we've been talking about this ad nauseam. It's not that difficult to check the thread multiple times a day to see all of the updates.

www.resetera.com

PlayStation 5 - Pre-Order |OT2| Play Has Limits (See Threadmark For Preorder Tips)

Pre-Order Information: Pre-orders are LIVE Launch: November 12th, 2020 – US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea November 19th, 2020 – Rest of the World* including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia and South Africa *PS5 launch date in China will be announced at a...
To be fair, giant threads like that aren't really that likely to bring in new people. It's usually sort of an infinite loop of the same posters. I've had a pre-order in since day 1 so I don't think I've ever clicked on that thread personally. To me it would imply people looking for one.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have both consoles preordered through Target. It says the XSX is scheduled to be here next Monday and the PS5 still gives me the 13th-18th range. If the XSX is any indication, it'll probably be the 18th. It's a bummer but considering the state of the industry and the world, I'm grateful to be getting them delivered to my door reasonably close to launch day.
Same exact situation for me except for the fact that I am nowhere near as rational and calm as you are. I'm fucking furious, lol.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
No update on my regular version either, sadly. Still a broad delivery date of 11/13-11/18. Hopefully we get an update today or tomorrow..

To be fair, giant threads like that aren't really that likely to bring in new people. It's usually sort of an infinite loop of the same posters. I've had a pre-order in since day 1 so I don't think I've ever clicked on that thread personally. To me it would imply people looking for one.

yeah i have no idea where to even begin with that thread re: target updates. search doesn't really help either

Jun 4, 2019
Same boat. While I'm happy that I was able to score a PS5 preorder at all, Target's shipping leaves a bit to be desired. This is also the reason why I'm not that excited about their B2G1 sale. At least I'll be picking up my Series X at BB, so that will keep me entertained while I wait.

taco543

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
I have a preorder from them for the disc drive edition, and hasnt changed since pre order too, set delivery for 11/13-11/18. Really annoying, but at least I have one from amazon at least coming in on launch

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Same here, OP.

Anyone with experience pre-ordering with Target: Do they charge your card a few days before shipping or exactly the day they ship?

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
My Xbox series S now says
Preparing to ship
Scheduled to arrive Mon, Nov 16

And my PS5 hasn't changed

Preordered Fri, Nov 13 – Wed, Nov 18
Estimated Fri, Nov 13 – Wed, Nov 18

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Same here.. Thank god Amazon is shipping early.

Same here, OP.

Anyone with experience pre-ordering with Target: Do they charge your card a few days before shipping or exactly the day they ship?

Seems like they're treating the console differently from the accessories and games.
The accessories and games were pre-charged days before they shipped.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
My PS5 walmart order hasn't changed either. I would be concerned after launch day if nothing has changed.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
All Target orders...

Expansion Card: Shipped, estimated on 16th (FedEx Smartpost), card charged
Xbox Series X: Preparing to Ship, Estimated 11th-16th, pending charge has disappeared
PS5: Preordered, Estimated 13th-18h, pending charge still remains

Checking on these every day certainly doesn't help with trying to be patient.

Edit: Actually the pending charge for the Xbox re-appeared, but I would not be surprised if this changes again real soon.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Same, guess I'm happy I have Yakuza on PC to occupy me when I took off Thursday afternoon and Friday from work.
Still totally get it given the circumstances and just happy I'm getting one.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Target has said the whole time that they will ship on release day, I dont see any reason that would have changed

Bluemaster77

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
PS5 from target says estimated delivery Nov - 13 - 18th
Picking up my XSX from Bestbuy in person tomorrow morning!

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I have an XSX coming from Target, and the date just showed up this AM for Nov 16th delivery.

Seems like despite them being on top of the PS5 controller shipping, for the consoles themselves they are shipping them on or close to launch day, instead of to arrive on launch day.
Same here for my Series X Target order. It was always saying Wednesday 11th to Monday 16th. Now it just says Monday 16th

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Target has never promised release date delivery. I don't know why everyone expects them to do it when they never promised it and when you order it tells you a date range to expect it immediately. You guys are putting unrealistic expectations on things Target has never promised.

I don't get it either, I thought if anything online orders would be shipping sooner since Sony said none would sold in person they they should have plenty of stock to allocate

Target tends to be conservative about breaking street date is why and their logistics isn't focused on release date delivery since there's very few items this applies to that they sell.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
That's annoying. I don't understand why they're doing it that way.

probably has to do with their distributor

I already received my Series X from Walmart partly because it was shipped to me directly by Walmarts distributor instead of going to Walmart first and partly because fedex fucked up and didn't hold the package like they were supposed to

I assume target just receives the consoles from their distributor by launch day then ships them out themselves

Target tends to be conservative about breaking street date is why and their logistics isn't focused on release date delivery since there's very few items this applies to that they sell.
Yeah this checks out

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
My Series X hasn't shipped from Walmart either. I will never do anything but Amazon or Best Buy again

Did you check with FedEx to see if you have a label created yet? Walmart's site tends to be slow on updating the status, and a weird thing that happens with Walmart is you won't see the credit card charge until after it has shipped. For example, my Mario Kart Live status on the site didn't update until after it arrived and my credit card notified me on that day that it arrived that I had been charged even though it was sent days before.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
someone please bump this when their order status changes. I'd rather get the notification here than having to keep logging into my target account every 30 min

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My Sam's Club order hasn't updated either, but I feel like that's normal. It's Monday morning, we'll see activity in a day or two.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Target has been weird. Last week they delayed my shipment of the Pulse 3D headset until 11/20, but now it just shipped and will arrive by Friday.

My PS5 from them also has always said 11/13-11/18. Idk, just hope for the best I guess.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
For anyone asking about Target and Sam's Club:

Sam's Club customer service told me not to be concerned about the lack of accurate shipping info. Sounds like they're shipping day-of release and won't update until scanned and shipped.

As for Target, sounds like a similar situation - won't update until scanned or shipped, either on the 11th or 12th. It likely says 11/13 - 11/18 for everyone currently.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Target has been weird. Last week they delayed my shipment of the Pulse 3D headset until 11/20, but now it just shipped and will arrive by Friday.

My PS5 from them also has always said 11/13-11/18. Idk, just hope for the best I guess.

in that case, I don't think it's a Target issue. I think Sony accessories has been weird with inventory. If I'm not mistaken, Amazon still hasn't shipped their Pulse 3D headsets and all the retailers have had issues with accessories being available and shipped.

IllumiNate

Nov 18, 2018
Canada

www.resetera.com

Thread whining is a bannable offense

Status
Not open for further replies.