• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I feel like this attitude often does more harm than good. It certainly did for my family. Op is free to ignore any advice in this thread but this issue doesn't involve the kids. If this ends up being a long-term point of conflict without a viable compromise then it's a problem for everyone if it's left to fester. Not to say it's not worth trying but I hate when people say this to disqualify options. No offense intended.
That's why I said to communicate things through and try to come to a compromise first rather than being rash and saying it's doomed time to split. I agree that just staying together bc of kids is a bad idea, but at the same time there's more at stake than just your own insecurities or problems.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can I assume those edited first posts were a particular always sunny gif then.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
But you're basically saying the same thing I am. Either OP trusts his wife or doesn't. Either she's crossed a boundary of his or she hasn't. He hasn't the right to force her to do anything, but nor is he obligated to sit in a situation he's uncomfortable with. That's the rub; the knife that cuts both ways.

I only spoke personally. Which, for me, is thus: I wouldn't have a problem dating someone who posted titillating photos of themselves online. But if I, for whatever reason, asked you to respect not posting me or my kids, then we're no longer having a conversation of your personal agency. Either respect me, or don't.

I mean that's an entirely different framed argument that I don't think the OP made, although I would certainly understand THAT argument since it's now inclusive of robbing agency from people outside herself. But the fact that she posts him and the kids, and his thoughts about her posting thirst traps to a public audience aren't connected at all in his post.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can understand a level of righteous jealousy. This isn't that, though. There's no evidence she's cheating on him or even adjacent to cheating on him. He doesn't own any kind of exclusivity on seeing her body. She could have a full-on nude OnlyFans and I'd say the solution is making him comfortable with it - not asking her to alter her behavior.

Jealousy is an ugly and abusive trait in a partner. I can respect that he feels the way he does, but his feelings are the unhealthy part of the equation to be addressed from my viewpoint. Not her behavior itself.

But again, I say that knowing that my perspective is different from a lot of people. It's JMO.
Lmao talk about going on the deep end of a take.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
You could be? I mean this is always the case in these types of situations, we're always giving advice based on an unreliable narrator.
By that logic, it makes no sense to comment on this thread at all. Either believe the OP is telling the truth, or there's no point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It makes more sense to give your input by going of what it's in front of you (a.k.a. OPs post) then to read even more into stuff by imagining what the actual truth is.

Nerdcy

Oct 27, 2017
He doesn't own any kind of exclusivity on her body.

I 100% agree that it's her choice.

And yes he doesn't own her body. But for another perspective, when I entered a monogamous relationship, the expectation was that our bodies are exclusively for each other (both viewing and touching).

This behavior would be crossing our relationship boundry.

I don't know if OP had this kind of discussion before the relationship got serious so it could be a case of different expectations of what a monogamous relationship is.

Ultimately OP I think the bigger problem is her dismissing how you feel. If she's willing to communicate and talk through this with you, great. If not, I would be worried. Only because open communication is essential in any relationship.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I mean that's an entirely different framed argument that I don't think the OP made, although I would certainly understand THAT. But the fact that she posts him and the kids, and his thoughts about her posting thirst traps to a public audience aren't connected at all in his post.
The only reason I know this tho is because OP felt it important enough to mention it. So to me, the connection is implied.

If it's not, OP can correct me.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
First thing, OP, actually 2 first things...

1) Your partner is entitled to do whatever the hell they want.

2) You are entitled to feel how you feel.

I think this is really all that needs to be said. I don't think trying to get her to stop or "expose" her as having bad intentions is going to accomplish anything or be good for the relationship. OP either needs to make his peace and accept this, or not. I mean 15k followers is quite a bit, that tells me this is something she's done for a while and cultivated a following, and she enjoys it as basically a side hobby. It's not like she's posting sexy pics to her 300 Facebook friends. But OP should definitely talk to his partner about it in order to feel more comfortable. Personally I'm not sure how I would feel about my wife doing this but that's pretty much the scenario.

Also just wanted to add, all the comments about how its reasonable to be upset about "dudes drooling over your wife" are extremely weird and patronizing. For starters, marrying someone does not mean you have exclusive rights to look at them or think they are hot. Also...some dudes are gonna be drooling over your wife (and just about every woman for that matter) everywhere she goes - Instagram pics or not. Welcome to the world women live in.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
It sucks OP, but some people don't consider other's feelings. Look at this thread. "She's entitled to her feelings". True, she is, but I think the rest of that statement should be, if she values YOUR feelings, she'd take them into consideration. As she doesn't, it makes her selfish OP, and if she won't change, then you need to begin to value your own feelings as well. If no compromise can be reached, and no resolution is acceptable to you. Then If she is doing her, you need to do you.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she doesn't flirt back. She has told me sometimes when guys have been creeps. Her thing is mostly to just ignore it, but not block them

My wife's the same way. Sometimes she likes fucking with them but they get the block when they cross a line. I used to feel insecure about it but I got over it. We just talked it over. We been together long enough.

But she'd never post pictures like that online, not without asking me anyway. But I can understand wanting to feel validated.

Maybe you're not appreciating her enough so she has to get it from creeps online?

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would never tell my wife not to post sexy pics. It makes her feel good and honestly it makes me feel good too.

On the other hand she does show me first, not for permission but more like "will this get taken down?" There is one I'm honestly surprised was never removed lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is really all that needs to be said. I don't think trying to get her to stop or "expose" her as having bad intentions is going to accomplish anything or be good for the relationship. OP either needs to make his peace and accept this, or not. I mean 15k followers is quite a bit, that tells me this is something she's done for a while and cultivated a following, and she enjoys it as basically a side hobby. It's not like she's posting sexy pics to her 300 Facebook friends. But OP should definitely talk to his partner about it in order to feel more comfortable. Personally I'm not sure how I would feel about my wife doing this but that's pretty much the scenario.

Also just wanted to add, all the comments about how its reasonable to be upset about "dudes drooling over your wife" are extremely weird and patronizing. For starters, marrying someone does not mean you have exclusive rights to look at them or think they are hot. Also...some dudes are gonna be drooling over your wife (and just about every woman for that matter) everywhere she goes - Instagram pics or not. Welcome to the world women live in.
I think it's fine to feel upset when your wife is posting pictures of herself in her underwear on the internet if, specifically, that's something not clearly communicated as a normal expectation in a relationship as of yet.

I think more important than that is the acknowledgement that it is her body and she has autonomy of herself, which I feel OP has been pretty consistent about as early as the first post because he's calling himself an asshole for feeling upset, and that's bogus. He'd be an asshole if he told her she can't ever do it at all or tried to forcefully impose a limitation as if he had the right to do so.

May 6, 2021
User Banned (Permanent:): Misogyny, account in junior phase
Man I know its her body, but its also your psyche and your mental well being. If you don't like it don't put up with it, send her packing. Females love all the attention and having so many males wanting her for her looks. If she doesn't realize that's childish and vain, maybe you have outgrown her, and that's grounds enough for me for a break up.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Couples therapy or together work on underlying issues

If your wife is posting these pics to feel good about herself, and is upset that you don't like it. There is an underlying issue there that either you aren't mentioning or neither of you are talking about. Communication issues are huge.

I don't want to throw out idea of what it is cause none of us know your relationship.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I honestly don't know how I would feel or react.

However the part that gets me in this story is her saying that the pictures are for you.

If that's the case then why doesn't she care that you don't want them there?

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not really on board with the "validating your feelings" thing, tbh. Your feelings strike me as unduly jealous.

Maybe I can be dismissive because I'm NOT a jealous person at all, but if she feels better about herself posting t-shirt and panty pics on Instagram, I don't see why should she have to stop because you're uncomfortable with it. It seems to me the journey here should be communicating a way for YOU to be comfortable with it.
You will clearly be a great partner when issues arise with that attitude.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017

But these are apparently the kind of guys who think it's perfectly acceptable to slide into the DMs of a woman who's married with kids. That goes beyond just looking at her.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how OK I'd be with the pics, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be OK with someone lying to my face and saying they were "just for me."

If the pics are to feel sexy, and the pics are just for the partner, then why are they on social media? Can someone explain this line of logic to me in a way that isn't bullshit, lol. This isn't like wearing a sexy outfit on a date that other people will happen to notice.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
If she ignore the way you feel about her posting racy pics for everyone it really sucks.

But it is indeed her body, her choice.

The thing that makes me go "huh?" about your story is that your gf respond to thirsty dudes on instagram. When my gf post cute/sexy pics and she gets thirsty comments she show them to me and respond in a way that make the dude feel dumb.

If someone flirted with her and she respond with 😍😍😍 I would be (rightfully I think) annoyed.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
But these are apparently the kind of guys who think it's perfectly acceptable to slide into the DMs of a woman who's married with kids. That goes beyond just looking at her.

So she should alter her behavior because there's men who can't control themselves? That reminds me of something...

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't waste my time with people like this. If it makes you uncomfortable, you shouldn't be made to feel comfortable about it. If she wants that kind of attention on social media and doesn't care how you feel about it, then end it. No point in enduring bullshit, life's too short. Move on.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
This would be a dealbreaker for me. Sucks, OP. If you guys can't work it out and you personally aren't comfortable with her doing it, then you should probably walk away now.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I don't waste my time with people like this. If it makes you uncomfortable, you shouldn't be made to feel comfortable about it. If she wants that kind of attention on social media and doesn't care how you feel about it, then end it. No point in enduring bullshit, life's too short. Move on.

I hope to one day find a relationship where the only downside is that my partner posts thirst traps and is subsequently transparent with DMs that they're receiving

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
i was mostly on her side in this until you mentioned that she said she was posting them only for you. definitely bs and a massive red flag

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I hope to one day find a relationship where the only downside is that my partner posts thirst traps and is subsequently transparent with DMs that they're receiving
It's cool that you get off on other dudes thirsting for sexy pics of your significant other but you need to realize that not everyone feels the same as you.

OP
OP
darz1

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Alright I appreciate all the comments and different perspectives. It is helpful. I can't respond to every post but you guys are giving me things to think about.

I just want to clarify a couple things.

The guys who came on to her or were sleazy were real life friends, she is no longer actively friends with them but she still has them as friends on social media and will respond friendly if they message, which is rare. If anyone sleazes you her on social media she doesn't engage, she doesn't block, she just ignores it.

She called me an asshole because I said it was bullshit that she posted it just for me. Most of the conversation was calm aside from that. I deserved to be called an asshole. She said I'm insecure, which I admit I am starting to feel insecure.

I try to validate her feeings all the time. I tell her she is beautiful and sexy a lot, but I obviously can't compete with the constant barrage of guys commenting on everything she post telling her how sexy and beautiful she is. She asked why I don't comment on her posts and I told her it's because I tell her in person. She feels like I don't tell her enough.

I trust her and don't think she would ever cheat on me. That doesn't make me any less uncomfortable.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno have you considered talking to her.
Yeah she called him an insecure asshole and told him they were pics for him. It's in the first post.

It's cool that you get off on other dudes thirsting for sexy pics of your significant other but you need to realize that not everyone feels the same as you.
Well, it is a different scenario than that, because she's posting them for herself. Which is to say that you're still allowed to have Complicated Feelings about that, and they need to be talked about.

I'm a deeply monogamous person and I don't think I could be comfortable in this situation, but if it came up and I was really liking the person I was with I would at least see if I could try and feel it out to the best of my abilities.

Alright I appreciate all the comments and different perspectives. It is helpful. I can't respond to every post but you guys are giving me things to think about.

The guys who came on to her or were sleazy were real life friends, she is no longer actively friends with them but she still has them as friends on social media and will respond friendly if they message, which is rare. If anyone sleazes you her on social media she doesn't engage, she doesn't block, she just ignores it.

She called me an asshole because I said it was bullshit that she posted it just for me. Most of the conversation was calm aside from that. I deserved to be called an asshole. She said I'm insecure, which I admit I am starting to feel insecure.

I try to validate her feeings all the time. I tell her she is beautiful and sexy a lot, but I obviously can't compete with the constant barrage of guys commenting on everything she post telling her how sexy and beautiful she is. She asked why I don't comment on her posts and I told her it's because I tell her in person. She feels like I don't tell her enough.

I trust her and don't think she would ever cheat on me. That doesn't make me any less uncomfortable.
I think you're doing a lot of introspection, and I think it's important for yourself to acknowledge that you don't think this is leading anywhere inappropriate and that your wife isn't ever going to be unfaithful to you, and I think it's a good step for you that you can acknowledge that for yourself that you trust her in that regard, because that speaks to me that you have a clear and abiding trust in her that you don't want to invalidate even in your own head.

But, yeah, it's not a race. You're not gonna tell her she's pretty enough times that she won't want to do it, it's something she wants to do for herself. I don't think you can step it up (which you're saying she thinks you don't say it enough), and if you are feeling, or she is making you feel, that this is occurring because of a failure on your part, that's an issue you need to communicate about.

It's okay for you to feel insecure. You're acknowledging it, and you can work on it, because you're telling us right now that you want to deal with it which means it's something you are willing to make an effort towards. You're not the first person in the universe to undergo some kind of clash like this in a marriage, you can talk this through.

Last edited:

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
She asked why I don't comment on her posts and I told her it's because I tell her in person. She feels like I don't tell her enough.

I've now moved from it being nefarious to her possibly having a social media addiction. People tend to lean into the things that get them the most engagement on their profiles to continue the growth. Wanting you to engage with her through the profile is strange as hell but that may be her wanting you to participate in her venture.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
The guys who came on to her or were sleazy were real life friends, she is no longer actively friends with them but she still has them as friends on social media

I dunno man. She has people she knows in real life coming onto her with these pics and she still has them in her social media network and tells you they're not friends anymore? That's...a lot

This is a significant detail

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

The guys who came on to her or were sleazy were real life friends, she is no longer actively friends with them but she still has them as friends on social media and will respond friendly if they message, which is rare.
So she called you an asshole when you called her out on her lie? Well I dont envy your position to say the least.

Her sending friendly replies to her friends on social media who are sending her sleazy DMs on an Instagram where pictures of you and your kid are on is wild. I'd break up with my partner over something like this, that's just disrespectful to you and your relationship. You shouldnt be friendly with people who dont respect your relationship. Full stop.

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I dunno man. She has people she knows in real life coming onto her with these pics and she still has them in her social media network and tells you they're not friends anymore? That's...a lot
Yeah, that they know OPs partner in person (thus implying they know they're in a relationship and may even know OP) and still hit on them would make me a lot more uncomfortable than if they were random strangers on the internet.

And I say that as someone whose best friend is an ex, but there are just lines we don't cross in our relationship as friends.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Yeah the more I'm reading into this, it seems like she's just really into social media and wants to get what she thinks is the most out of it.

The whole friends being sleazy is strange though.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I mean if we're looking at this assuming there's no lies here - and her dismissiveness of your feelings still seems like a red flag, but you know her better - maybe what she's looking for is more public displays of affection? Some people really like that stuff.

Deleted member 20892

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man I know its her body, but its also your psyche and your mental well being. If you don't like it don't put up with it, send her packing. Females love all the attention and having so many males wanting her for her looks. If she doesn't realize that's childish and vain, maybe you have outgrown her, and that's grounds enough for me for a break up.
what is this garbage

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
To me this is the reddest of red flags. Multiple men she actually knows posting sleazy comments when they know she's in a relationship with kids and she doesn't block them? Seriously, get counselling.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, your OP implied they were random strangers. Real life "friends?" is a red flag as she knows these men. That easily crosses the line from my prospective.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that they know OPs partner in person (thus implying they know they're in a relationship and may even know OP) and still hit on them would make me a lot more uncomfortable than if they were random strangers on the internet.

And I say that as someone whose best friend is an ex, but there are just lines we don't cross in our relationship as friends.

Yeah, if these are guys who know you in real life, that's pretty disrespectful tbh. I'd be mad at them more than anything. And her saying the pics are just for OP is BS, and she doesn't need to get hostile when he calls her out on something so obvious.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

I'd definitely talk about counseling. Imo, y'all have two different views on the situation with valid aspects to both. My issue specifically would be the real life trash friends still being in her life. I don't believe in "Active friendship" vs "inactive". Either you're friends or you aren't. If someone disrespects your relationship by being a creep while knowing about it and you still would speak to them, that's a problem. Not blocking creeps would be a problem for me to. It's not enough to not engage, cut them off. There a difference between a fire emoji or heart eyes, and actively going into DMs.