• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
The old man in me thinks its weird to watch people posing like this. I see it a lot here though. Like, I'll at a hotel pool with my kids and girls will spend hours posing and shooting elaborately staged pics of each other. There's a smoothie bowl place by my house too thats crazy expensive, tastes awful, and is full every day with people just taking pictures of their pretty yogurt.

Its weird, but... whatever. I don't think I'd ever film it or say anything. I do weirder shit.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Just a heads up OP it's a "like" button not a "noteworthy or interesting" button. If that video ended up on my timeline I would hit the like button because I found the video funny, looks like at least 200K people felt similar. It's not anymore complicated than that.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
It's noteworthy and interesting because this lady is creating a glamorous moment in a mundane setting. She doesn't need an entourage to stage an impromptu photo shoot, she's going to get fierce right on this damn subway while everyone else is resting their cheeks.

This comes off as really narcissistic to me...
Yeah I bet she really hates being a pretty woman in her prime and looking nice on Instagram or wherever.

This comes off as really narcissistic to me...
I mean, welcome to the age of social media. Have you seen my post about the amazing dump I had at Wendy's this morning? React below!

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
People do anything for attention.. the cynic in me believes she knows the person filming and this is all set up

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's not even going that hard on the selfies? Not seeing what's "sending him" - boring ass selfies.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think people that take so many selfies are low key nuts. But thats me just being judgemental. Do what you want.

shes pretty tho.

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
Social media life in full bloom. Pretty absurd. Sure, it takes guts, but apart from that I find it kind of annoying. This absolutely self-centered behavior that people are sporting these days, children included, actually weirds me out. Also can't help but wonder how this would've been received if a "less attractive" person had done the same thing, but that's just me.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Social media life in full bloom. Pretty absurd. Sure, it takes guts, but apart from that I find it kind of annoying. This absolutely self-centered behavior that people are sporting these days, children included, actually weirds me out. Also can't help but wonder how this would've been received if a "less attractive" person had done the same thing, but that's just me.

On the NY Subway? Nobody would bat an eye.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
It's super narcissistic but also funny to see captured. She clearly felt confident but the poses would look ridiculous if she wasn't so hot. So.. that helps

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
its a person doing something weird but wholesome. the intention isnt to mock them but applaud their guts/commitment.

why do people always say "am i out of touch" when what they actually mean is "i don't understand the context of this thing and won't try to figure it out on my own".

this has nothing to do with being "in touch".

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
its a person doing something weird but wholesome. the intention isnt to mock them but applaud their guts/commitment.

why do people always say "am i out of touch" when what they actually mean is "i don't understand the context of this thing and won't try to figure it out on my own".

this has nothing to do with being "in touch".

to be fair, i don't think explaining the context of this will make it any less ridiculous to someone who isn't already into the whole social media thing

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
to be fair, i don't think explaining the context of this will make it any less ridiculous to someone who isn't already into the whole social media thing
"there was this video of a lady posing like a model for her selfies in a Subway car, it was pretty funny"

trying to find a deeper meaning than that is what causes confusion.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hot woman behaving weirdly in public just to show how hot she is to a thousand random people worldwide. It sells itself.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yuh, that's all it really is. I'm over here like, "girl you're on the E TRAIN. This ain't 5th ave. Grab a seat"

But her quick response to own the moment and post the selfies from this viral video was a good play, and elevated her.

That's not "owning the moment", it's literally the opposite. It's disregarding the moment to create a false spectacle for a crowd of unknown netizens.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I laughed at the sheer boldness and absurdity.
Yeah.

Also it's funny seeing the other side of these staged instagram photos. People look goofy when they do this, but she's going all in on it in a confined public space without giving a shit, so it's amusing. But I assume many of the retweets are coming from a different angle.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Not really surprising. Unless you're impeding the train's movements and causing a delay, nobody here in NY will give a shit about what you do. You may get a glance or two from some people but it'll mostly be indifference.

Hell just the other day on the N train a lady dropped live eels she had bought onto the floor and as it was squirming around nobody really cared. Glanced and back to their phone.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Those RTs are 10% omg look at this vanity so utterly cringe and 90% I mean look at it, would you look at it, I'm definitely looking at it, I'm looking at it some more, I'm going to look at it on this here toilet, oh yeah look at that.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we would view it different if there was an actual photographer.

It's a silly thing but at the same time nobody's being hurt/harmed. So have it.

OP
OP
Bacon

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
"there was this video of a lady posing like a model for her selfies in a Subway car, it was pretty funny"

trying to find a deeper meaning than that is what causes confusion.

I understand what's happening, it's more the reaction to it that is way overblown in my eyes. If I saw this happening on the subway I wouldn't even look twice.