• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ninjatogo

Oct 28, 2017
-SNIP-
As an aside, don't bother with Sidequest right away.

I spent hours messing with it, getting custom songs installed for Beat Saber, etc. and found that the vast majority of custom songs are so bad that it wasn't worth the trouble.
-SNIP-

I disagree with this. If you are new to Beat Saber, then the custom songs can feel awkward as they tend to be more difficult than the standard songs. Once you get the hang of playing the standard tracks on Expert and Expert+ then the custom songs start to feel more natural and enjoyable.

With that said, there are quite a few trash-tier song mappings out there, you just have to keep an eye on the song user review scores.

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
Eleven Table Tennis is great feeling table tennis - and the developers are super responsive to feedback

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I disagree with this. If you are new to Beat Saber, then the custom songs can feel awkward as they tend to be more difficult than the standard songs. Once you get the hang of playing the standard tracks on Expert and Expert+ then the custom songs start to feel more natural and enjoyable.

With that said, there are quite a few trash-tier song mappings out there, you just have to keep an eye on the song user review scores.
My entire point is that it's not where you should start.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
After trying some of the regular stuff, like Beat Saber, I highly recommend sideloading Pavlov and Tea for God. Pavlov is a neat shooter experience and Tea for God is a small, but incredibly neat little demonstration of making you feel like you have way more space than you actually do.

OP
OP
tr1b0re

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
It's PCVR, so I think you can play it if you hook it up to your PC using the link cable.
That'll be next week, for PC VR I got No Man's Sky, Elite Dangerous, Moss, Gorn, Budget Cuts and I'll get Skyrim VR down the line

For some reason my cable order never came through, so I had to get a next one, will take a week to get here tho (ordering from the tropics lol)

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I just wanted to add two PCVR games to the list, not sure about Quest compatibility.

Star Trek: Bridge Crew. 70% off on Steam right now.
Google Earth VR: Free! and awesome. Probably the first killer app for VR.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That'll be next week, for PC VR I got No Man's Sky, Elite Dangerous, Moss, Gorn, Budget Cuts and I'll get Skyrim VR down the line

assuming you like Fallout 4 at all, I think it's better in VR than Skyrim. don't get me wrong Skyrim is a better game, but F4 works better as a VR title for me.

The pip-boy in VR is especially awesome.