• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
v19fpvbg6k711.jpg
pictured: white phosphorous.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's made racist comments in the past. Is he racist? I'm not entirely convinced. He has minorities on the podcast all the time. If he was racist wouldn't he not have anyone Black or Asian on? He's good friends with many of them. I don't really know what you're asking from me here.
Bwhaha. The "he has black friends therefor he's not racist" card.

Imagine being enough of a piece of shit to defend a piece of shit like Joe Rogan.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
He's made racist comments in the past. Is he racist? I'm not entirely convinced. He has minorities on the podcast all the time. If he was racist wouldn't he not have anyone Black or Asian on? He's good friends with many of them. I don't really know what you're asking from me here.

By this standard he is unquestionably a Nazi collaborator because he pals around with them (see image) and regularly invites them onto his show

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is by design. YouTube is full of Gateway Racists that use its algorithm to promote Deep Racism.

Though when you step back and really look at Joe, you realize Gateway Racism is basically outright full-on Racism. It's not immediately obvious if you just catch a few of his videos with less controversial topics or guests, which is why it's effective against people that don't know what they're getting into.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I do think he is a gateway to the right. I have a good friend who became a big Rogan fan. He's always saying stupid shit now like "both sides of the media are equally bad", Trump isn't that bad, etc etc. It's unfortunate.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
I have Joe Rogan a chance a few years back. I also gave Adam Corolla that same chance. It was fine for a few episodes, but I started to feel... uncomfortable with the themes, phrases, guests, and even casual discrimination they shared. It was like being at Thanksgiving dinner with your racist uncle.

Joe Rogan enables those who are looking to be enabled.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not familiar who joe rogan is, but is a commom and old tactic is to say something you are not to supress criticism and to get more attention of people you want to convince to what you have to say. The fascists love this tactic its part of the modus operandi, for example they say they are not sexist they love and respect women but thats obviously a lie, they say they love minorities, but they really hate, lies and deception is part of it.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rogan is a fucking moron. He platforms Nazis and other right-wing fuckos and likely doesn't understand the significance of doing so because he's that dense.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joe Rogan is just so dumb. Whenever he speaks about a subject you have read about even a little bit, you realize he makes the most trivial and senseless points. Even in MMA, he really doesn't know what he is talking about. He is great about telling a story, but he is so bad at actually describing what is going on in a fight.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rogan is not a bright guy. I think he probably really doesn't understand the damage he's doing to political discourse

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
User Banned (3 Months): Dismissing Concerns of Bigotry Over Multiple Posts; Numerous Prior Bans for Dismissive Behavior in Sensitive Threads
I enjoy Joe Rogan's show. He's not right wing and neither am I.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): Handwaving racism over a series of posts

He was making a joke, but honestly, there is no good context for this. It's just an incredibly stupid thing to say and I think even he would admit that. But as someone who leans left and listens to him a lot, I don't think he is racist, despite one comment 10 years ago. Much like I do not think Justin Trudeau is racist for dressing in blackface.

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017
I have to admit to listening to Joe back in the day when he was starting up with his podcast. Good fun! The guy gets some really great guests sometimes.... But yeah I have a friend that has recently discovered him and for all the wrong reasons. Fucking sick.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
He was making a joke, but honestly, there is no good context for this. It's just an incredibly stupid thing to say and I think even he would admit that. But as someone who leans left and listens to him a lot, I don't think he is racist, despite one comment 10 years ago. Much like I do not think Justin Trudeau is racist for dressing in blackface.
Oh it was a joke. Totally cleared then!

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
I sat through a Rogan standup up show just last month. It was pretty 'right wing'.

His opening act spent most of his time complaining about transgender people.

Rogan's jokes themselves were a mix of jokes that kind of skated the line but occasionally crossed it, though he would throw in a bone or two to show his 'neutrality', like a generic statement about how 'racism is bad' before launching into some other joke about the differences about men and women or what it's like to drive around the parts of his town were gay people live.

lots of complaining about 'pc culture' and 'comedians can't say anything any more' etc etc from both him and his opener.

One of his 'punchlines' to one of his jokes was that gay people were 'like lions.' He 'was glad they existed, but didn't want to be surrounded by them'.

The whole night really didn't leave much room for doubt about what kind of vibe it was going for. I can't take seriously the people who pretend there's no right wing draw to Rogan's whole brand.

Apr 21, 2018
Joe has said multiple times he's a Democrat and has had almost every major democrat that is running for the 2020 election on his show allowing them to talk about their stances on major issues without a time limit. People are complex, they aren't just this or that.

Yeah his conversations with Yang and Elon Musk were great.

And when he had a cook like Roseanne on, you could tell he was there for the lolz.

I don't really see Joe as right-wing, just someone who gives them a platform.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
How is making a racist joke not racist?

You "think" he would admit it but has he?Has he addressed his constant shilling of right wing views in any meaningful way?

You're so focused on defending this dude that you're reaching into hypotheticals to do it.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is making a racist joke not racist?

You "think" he would admit it but has he?Has he addressed his constant shilling of right wing views in any meaningful way?

You're so focused on defending this dude that you're reaching into hypotheticals to do it.

It was a racist joke. I am not saying it wasn't.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
lean pretty far left. Gavin sucks ass and I think Joe thinks so too

listening to this again it almost sounds like a direct response to this thread

Claiming Gavin McInnes was no one in 2015 is a blatant fucking lie. He was already the leader of the rapidly growing Proud Boys. They just didn't have a name yet. His movement was very public in Brooklyn/NYC.

Source; I was living there.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lean pretty far left. Gavin sucks ass and I think Joe thinks so too

listening to this again it almost sounds like a direct response to this thread

Joe is outright stating in that video that he believes it is frustrating when people catch people being horrible people in a short moment in a long form podcast.

Joe doesn't like being called out when the mask slips. Racism is fucking racism. A person can manage to talk for hours and not say racist shit or have on blatantly racist guests (multiple times) when that person isn't racist. All it takes is not being racist. I can see why it's frustrating to someone like Joe to be called out on racism when that shit bubbles to the surface, but it's revealing for a reason.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Claiming Gavin McInnes was no one in 2015 is a blatant fucking lie. He was already the leader of the rapidly growing Proud Boys. They just didn't have a name yet. His movement was very public in Brooklyn/NYC.

Source; I was living there.

Proud boys were founded in late 2016. Quick google search reveals this.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
It was a racist joke. I am not saying it wasn't.
You're saying that people can make racist jokes without being racist. News flash: that isn't the case.

If you make a racist joke, you're a racist.
If you consistently provide a far reaching platform for people with racist views, you are at the very least an enabler of racist views.

If you do both those things (like Rogan) you're definitely Ok with racism.

You really liking this dudes content doesn't mean that he's not racist. It just means that you're Ok with his brand of racism because he entertains you.

If you're uncomfortable with that assertion, that doesn't make it Ok for you to go to bat for him and you should absolutely expect to be called out for it because, at the end of the day, you're saying you're fine with racism so long as you can have your lols