• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Yep.

Rogan is alt righter.

He uses his platform as an alt right injection point.

It starts on conspiracy spectrums first. (Coast to coast daerk matter)

Then it goes to ahowslike Rogan/info wars.

Them it's fox news/rt

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Joe has said multiple times he's a Democrat and has had almost every major democrat that is running for the 2020 election on his show allowing them to talk about their stances on major issues without a time limit. People are complex, they aren't just this or that.
Yep. He also called a theater in a black neighborhood planet of the apes.

Complexity

I was a fan of his ufc casts.. but you can't participate in the community..his YouTube videos are full of nazis. And so are most of his videos. I participate in a lot of yt comments that aren't all nazis.

All of his flaws keep turning up alt right.

The demographic of people who want to live in a world where words are just words.. generally think everyone deserves a platform and that opinions are just that. People that have actually been affected by hate crimes/genocide all know better. And they all know they started by giving hateful opinions a platform. Fuck Rogan and his dogwhistle punk ass -just asking questions- bullshit.

Joe - the only Stance I take is over weed -rogan.

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
This site is hilarious. People get banned for stuff all the time but you are allowed to call me that without even knowing my real name or anything about me. What a joke.
I loved that episode to be honest! There's a lot of great discussion to be had here on Era if Rogan topics were permitted.
img57592542.jpg

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
How is it blind hate when people constantly outline the reasons
Rogan's just into different ideas, dawg. He just wants to discuss the merits of things like abolishing the minimum wage and reintroducing child labor. And by discuss I mean let his guests speak freely with little to no push back.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Joe has said multiple times he's a Democrat and has had almost every major democrat that is running for the 2020 election on his show allowing them to talk about their stances on major issues without a time limit. People are complex, they aren't just this or that.

30a.jpeg

My good friend and coworker listens to this guy regularly and refuses to believe he's right wing. Says Joe doesn't take sides and is open to dialogue from everyone. I don't know how to make him realize the truth.

Centrists are just right-wing cowards. "Not taking a side" is a political stance in itself, one that says they have enough privilege to stay out of the conversation without having to fear the repercussions. They're just scared of publicly admitting they're a shitstain.

I don't understand the blind hate for Joe Rogan on this forum. The amount of valuable guests he's had on the podcast the last few months has been incredible. He just hosted a 4 hour podcast about the meat vs vegan debate it was incredibly detailed and fascinating.

"The guy that hosted Ben Shapiro and Alex Jones and let them spread misinformation that actively paints a target on minorities should be allowed here cause he talked about a subject I liked"

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Rogan's just into different ideas, dawg. He just wants to discuss the merits of things like abolishing the minimum wage and reintroducing child labor. And by discuss I mean let his guests speak freely with little to no push back.
Don't forget this

He fucking called black people apes.

Fuck Joe Rogan and honestly fuck anyone in this thread deliberately not acknowledging any of this.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yup people who dont understand their own priveledge and are free to explore these topics as a "curious free thinker" never seem to understand the damage they cause to those who would be victims of such unchallenged rhetoric

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I believe Joe Rogan when he calls himself a Democrat because there are a lot of racist democrats who want to claim open-mindedness to a shit bag is a more important virtue than generosity or interdependence. There are lots of smug, insufferable but mostly socially ineffective dems. Many hold public office.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
In these dumb times the fact he's had Alex Jones and Candice Owens and Ben Shapiro on his show makes him some kind of dark alt right force. I don't like his "lol dude weed" shit or the UFO crap but he gets people from all over the spectrum on his show and often gets interesting conversation from them. Some if it is about crystal skulls and stupid shit like that. Some of it is from people who could be your next president. Much of it is from innovators and entertainers. Some of it is from your political enemies.

I would suggest that Joe Rogan gets into the right wing algorithm because he talks to everyone and people searching right wing names are going to get his podcast in their results. That doesn't make him some kind of mega neonazi collaborator.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
In these dumb times the fact he's had Alex Jones and Candice Owens and Ben Shapiro on his show makes him some kind of dark alt right force. I don't like his "lol dude weed" shit or the UFO crap but he gets people from all over the spectrum on his show and often gets interesting conversation from them. Some if it is about crystal skulls and stupid shit like that. Some of it is from people who could be your next president. Much of it is from innovators and entertainers. Some of it is from your political enemies.

I would suggest that Joe Rogan gets into the right wing algorithm because he talks to everyone and people searching right wing names are going to get his podcast in their results. That doesn't make him some kind of mega neonazi collaborator.
Even if you believe this to be the case,

What about him calling black people apes? What is your thought on that?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

He just enables Nazis to have a bigger platform, and hangs out with them. And says black people are apes.

Get out of your bubble. You can enjoy him. But don't act like everyone saying the truth is exaggerating or coming down on him for no reason. He's a privledged white man who has no problem with Nazis.

Where you go with that is on you.

It's hard to have a Rogan thread on era because there's brown people that realize they're brown on this board. Try his racist ass YouTube comment section instead?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This is why people hate Joe Rogan. The dude's a moron who gives alt right lunatics a place at the table with actual people worth listening to. The end result is a slow and subtle descent into right-wing talking points without even realizing it.

Y'all.

Joe Rogan is TRASH. Go listen to people who aren't providing a platform to hateful bastards every week.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Rogan has probably done more to introduce Sargon, Ben Shapiro, Crowder, Jordan Peterson, Rubin to 18-34 year old men than anyone else on the planet.

He truly is a gateway drug and he almost never pushes back unless it's about weed.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
Man, some folks in here get overly defensive and gloss over legitimate concerns about idiots pushing hateful shit for the brainwashed masses by their Great White Hope Messiahs -- I can also make definitive statements, hilarious. Elon, Joe, and every other fuck face out their are running the same superiority complex grift. Plausible deniability and disingenuous arguments is the motto.

How about the asshats point out where these dipshits admit or at least try to find some empathy with the bull shit they spew. Then maybe most of us will concede, but until then; most of us do not need to roll around and do the same dance routine 50 million times a day to give these fucks a benefit of a doubt.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Tell your coworker that even if she wants to go and say that less privileged people don't deserve a break in life, "hiring the best minds" is a logic pipedream that literally never happens in real life, as managers tend to hire people less smart than them, out of fear of being replaced. So even in purely meritocratic terms, being forced to hire diverse people tends to increase the quality of teams on average, as in those cases they are forced to not hire mediocrity, like they otherwise would have.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I used to think that Maddox-era "hiring diversity of thought, not diversity of skintone" shit when I was an edgy nineteen-year-old. Luckily I had some good influences (including many actual PoC's) in my life that eventually realized why that was fucking stupid, but it's a very easy, misleading slope to slip down.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
We're rapidly hurtling toward a future where people who get radicalized by podcasts and YouTube are going to carry out crimes against humanity on a weekly basis.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is nothing new and it's easy to see because Rogan puts crazy shit on the same level as normalcy which is exactly how crazy gets normalized. If you put alt-right dirtbags on the same level as a comedian everyone loves, give them the same time and never really push back, the end result on how that is presented to the audience is clear. Crazy is the same as not-crazy, Joe Rogan approved. The Infowars/Rogan audience is just one circle.

There's a Rogan thread a month and it's tiresome how the stans come out of the woodwork and don't get it.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Joe Rogan signal boosts conspiracy theorists and elegant (or straight up buffoonish) racists. He's a shock jock masquerading as a deep thinker/social innovator.
and failing miserably.

edit: anyone else have random letters just straight up missing in nearly ever post on era right now?

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
This is nothing new and it's easy to see because Rogan puts crazy shit on the same level as normalcy which is exactly how crazy gets normalized. If you put alt-right dirtbags on the same level as a comedian everyone loves, give them the same time and never really push back, the end result on how that is presented to the audience is clear. Crazy is the same as not-crazy, Joe Rogan approved. The Infowars/Rogan audience is just one circle.

There's a Rogan thread a month and it's tiresome how the stans come out of the woodwork and don't get it.

Every Rogan thread gets locked for the exact same reason. How do people come out of the woodwork for a locked thread?

Girder_Shade

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
User Banned (1 Month): Handwaving racism
Have anything to say about Joe's racist statements, Girder_shade and TRS1099? Nothing?
He's made racist comments in the past. Is he racist? I'm not entirely convinced. He has minorities on the podcast all the time. If he was racist wouldn't he not have anyone Black or Asian on? He's good friends with many of them. I don't really know what you're asking from me here.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's made racist comments in the past. Is he racist? I'm not entirely convinced. He has minorities on the podcast all the time. If he was racist wouldn't he not have anyone Black or Asian on? He's good friends with many of them. I don't really know what you're asking from me here.

Did you just actually "but he has some black friends" ?