• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
devastating? that sounds excessive.

You're contributing to the destruction of the environment by performing a harmful act because it makes you feel comfortable. Yikes.

my car is comfortable, and i don't really see it being a huge waste of gas. i live 20 minutes from work, and yet i still only need to fill up once a week.

20 minutes from work and you fill up once a week? How fucking long are you idling your car? I live 20 minutes from work and fill up once every three weeks at the most, it's a late 2000s sedan so it's not like it's a hybrid or electric car or anything, and I have to drive over a bunch of steep hills.

You're a bad human being.

zeitheist

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like simple noise complaint issue then.

And if that doesn't help make them feel less comfortable in their car. Keep staring at them from your window. Or walk around the parking lot a couple of times.
If they complain they'll probably be asked what they're doing in the car for so long anyway.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Sad to say, I think this a pretty common thing a lot of more "trashy" people for lack of a better term. I had a friend that would constantly just want to hang out in his car, smoke cigarettes and listen to music. It's like he wanted to live in there. Got to be preeeetty boring after a while.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I was thinking this was a sex thing at first and the other women leave for privacy purposes but surely OP would've noticed other people going in and out of the building around the time something like that happens, right? And if he did notice it seems unlikely he would omit that detail

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
that is weird, odd and anoying behavior

Bad neighbors are the worst.

IMO, there should be a registry for bad neighbors and all bad neighbors should get lumped into a bad neighbor building and leave good neighbors in good neighbors building

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
20 minutes from work and you fill up once a week? How fucking long are you idling your car? I live 20 minutes from work and fill up once every three weeks at the most, it's a late 2000s sedan so it's not like it's a hybrid or electric car or anything, and I have to drive over a bunch of steep hills.

300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene.

OP
OP

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking this was a sex thing at first and the other women leave for privacy purposes but surely OP would've noticed other people going in and out of the building around the time something like that happens, right? And if he did notice it seems unlikely he would omit that detail
Well, the thing is I couldn't be able to differentiate who would be a client very easily. It's four outgoing young women in their 20's, and so they have lots of friends (presumably friends) constantly coming and going. I do hear their door being knocked on about five times a day. They have lots of male guests, female guests, and female guests with kids. There's always people coming and going with them, and plenty of people come while someone is sitting in their car.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
They're just typical lower-middle income cars. Hondas and Toyotas. Older models, nothing newish.
Still those aren't loud vehicles. I feel ya it's weird they're either poaching Wi-Fi or smoking but it could be worse there's two diesel trucks on my street both wake me every day around 5am contractors or whatever.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a weird American thing? Because it seems weird as hell to me. Never seen anyone do this in the U.K. outside their houses lol

When I used to live in Acton some bloke used to park up outside our house and just sit there drinking whisky and smoking, throwing his empties on the pavement. Weird.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Some might make fun of the OP, but this is actually one of my pet peeves. People would do this at my old place too. I don't understand sitting in a car for hours talking, when you have an apartment that isn't too far away.
I had a neighbor that got kicked out not long ago who would listen to music in his car blare it in the middle of the night it was so annoying

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
You're contributing to the destruction of the environment by performing a harmful act because it makes you feel comfortable. Yikes.

i just need you to know. your aggressive approach, will never help the environment.

you are the first person to ever say that i'm filling my car up too much. you have literally less than a fraction of the information to say the things you are saying to me.

obviously i don't just drive my car to and from work and that's it. i have a lot of different reasons to drive my car day to day.

i can say with certainty, that i idle less than two hours per week guarenteed.

do you shit on any person that takes a road trip for fun i wonder.

what about driving an hour to a stadium to watch a sports game? surely, that too is a selfish reason to turn a car on.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
User Warned: Antagonizing other members
i just need you to know. your aggressive approach, will never help the environment.

you are the first person to ever say that i'm filling my car up too much. you have literally less than a fraction of the information to say the things you are saying to me.

obviously i don't just drive my car to and from work and that's it. i have a lot of different reasons to drive my car day to day.

i can say with certainty, that i idle less than two hours per week guarenteed.

do you shit on any person that takes a road trip for fun i wonder.

what about driving an hour to a stadium to watch a sports game? surely, that too is a selfish reason to turn a car on.

Yep, I'll shit on those people too, public transport to big events is always in abundance and often under utilized.

"you are the first person to ever say that i'm filling my car up too much. you have literally less than a fraction of the information to say the things you are saying to me."

Then you surround yourself with other terrible human beings, not a surprise really.

"i just need you to know. your aggressive approach, will never help the environment."

I don't really care, we're passed the point of no return, I'll shit on people like you who got us here through apathy and mindlessness.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've seen this once, they were watching a movie on a screen installed in the car.
shyamalan.jpg

Seriously dude, you need to start spying on/recording these people. I need to know what the hell they're doing out there.
Lol
I saw a snippet of this China show where they follow real police doing day to day work. That snippet had a few police setting up some surveillance at an apartment because they wanted to catch an alleged rapist. So during the setup the suspect was curious and went to see what the police were doing and got arrested.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
Yep, I'll shit on those people too, public transport to big events is always in abundance and often under utilized.

"you are the first person to ever say that i'm filling my car up too much. you have literally less than a fraction of the information to say the things you are saying to me."

Then you surround yourself with other terrible human beings, not a surprise really.

"i just need you to know. your aggressive approach, will never help the environment."

I don't really care, we're passed the point of no return, I'll shit on people like you who got us here through apathy and mindlessness.
hope you feel better soon

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
They're either selling or using drugs, 100%.

Was my first thought as well, but there are some holes in that theory.

When you do/possess drugs in a car with the engine running the police sanctions will be stricter, no?
You are also a lot more exposed (license plate) as opposed to doing drugs in an apartment, where you are invisible and the police needs a reason to enter.
Selling drugs? I've never dealt with a drug dealer who sold out of a stationary car. Kinda defeats the purpose of getting into a car, if the fiends still have to find a way to get to you. Also doesn't explain the running engine + license plate issue.
Way less suspicious to either get into a fiends car or pick up the fiend, do the deal and drop him/her off around the corner.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Call the cops. Like really, call the cops saying they're suspicious. The cops coming to investigate will make them stop doing it.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a neighbor that would sit in her car with it running for hours talking on the phone. Always baffling. She would yell to so you could hear everything she was saying.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Still those aren't loud vehicles. I feel ya it's weird they're either poaching Wi-Fi or smoking but it could be worse there's two diesel trucks on my street both wake me every day around 5am contractors or whatever.
Being subjected to the same rumbling sounds for hours can make anything sound loud.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is their apartment a trash heap? - Yes, I've arrived home and they've had their doors open and I've seen inside. It looks bad.
Oh, okay, this truly answers it for me. Can't socialize when your home is disgusting. Hopefully they eventually change their ways and start cleaning.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Have to be selling drugs. Or at least some part in the dealing of drugs.

I'd be shocked if this wasn't the case.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I haven't. Until reading some of the responses here it never seemed like something you couldn't explicitly do. I always figured it was the communal apartment parking lot, and people can sit there in their cars if they want.

I've never met or seen anyone that sits in their car for hours at a time in my 37 years on this earth.

Ever.

This is incredibly strange. I'd have turned them in/called the cops a long time ago. Who does that?

I mean, 15-20 minutes if a friend wanted to get in some loving with a girl (or whoever) when we'd hang at our friend's places..ok. If it's going to be longer than that I'd leave and find something else to do.

Heck, we just cranked up the music and tried not to be too loud while the rest of the guys hung out in the living area.

10pm to 2am, what in the world??!! Call the cops or the owner of the place.

**I'm only saying do that due to them bothering you with noise/not being able to sleep. If it didn't interrupt your daily process, I'd leave them alone...but be confused, haha.

my car is comfortable, and i don't really see it being a huge waste of gas. i live 20 minutes from work, and yet i still only need to fill up once a week.

Uh, I drive a 7 seater SUV...and drive 45 minutes to and from work Mon-Fri. Also take girls to dance twice a week.

...and I only fill up once a week. You're burning through a ton of fuel in a car that gets like 38mpg highway. Now if you go to like 10 other places on the weekend/during the week, then that might make sense.

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
my roommates do this (albeit not for as long) and I have no fucking clue why. The 'it's drugs' or 'they're smoking' theories don't apply to them because they certainly don't hesitate to do either in their rooms.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I've stayed in my car an extra fee minutes to hear the end of a program on NPR. That's minutes not hours though.

It's definitely weird and annoying. At a place I used to live, my bedroom was close to where people parked and I could hear everytime someone came or went. I can't imagine if they just stayed be there.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
My only guesses are they do it to give privacy to other roommates or for some odd reason they can't get internet or cell service in their apartment. That is an odd one.

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
Anyone I know who does this is doing it because they're smoking weed or doing other drugs. It was super common with my friends back when we all still lived with our parents. The weird thing to me about this is that all of the roommates are out there at the same time in their individual cars? That makes no sense. Whatever they're doing, they could just do in their apartment. Must be something going on in there that you/we don't know about.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Are they renting OP? My guess is that they're probably smoking and not allowed to smoke in the apartment. So they go out to their cars and smoke while browsing on their phones. That sounds annoying as hell. Like, if you wanna smoke...deal with the cold for 10 minutes.

Or drugs. Call the cops.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
That happened near my home as a kid when one of my neighbours was a dealer. They hang out for like an hour outside the house.

Is it the same specific people? (As in the same people in the cars everyday or different people every so often)

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're prostitutes. When one of them has a client over, the others have to wait outside during the session.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, this is weird as shit, but I totally believe it. Had so many weird as fuck neighbors, especially in apartments.

Last apartment I had one neighbor that would pretty regularly, like once a week or so, be in her car on her phone for long periods of time, typically an hour or two. Thing was though, she'd have her phone hooked up to speakers I assume through Bluetooth, and she would CRANK that shit. So basically it was loud enough to where that entire corner of the complex could hear every single word of the conversation extremely clearly if you stepped outside. And often times it was regarding really personal shit. Money, relationships, ect.

Luckily she was parked far enough away from my building that at the worst if I was inside I could just hear muffled stuff. But for the building she parked right next to they could probably hear a lot of it even while inside. At the time, I smoked cigarettes, so I'd step outside and catch this pretty often. So fucking weird. It's like an odd reverse invasion of privacy. Like I don't want to hear about your dirty laundry shit on blast like that.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's fascinating to me how many people are saying it's sex work since it's four young women. I wonder what the prevalent thought would be if it was four guys?

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
Uh, I drive a 7 seater SUV...and drive 45 minutes to and from work Mon-Fri. Also take girls to dance twice a week.
...and I only fill up once a week. You're burning through a ton of fuel in a car that gets like 38mpg highway. Now if you go to like 10 other places on the weekend/during the week, then that might make sense.

Do you drive a bus? I drive an hour each way to get to and from work and fill my car up once a week.

what a funny coincidence. i have twin sisters that i take to dance twice a week, and another has soft ball as well in the spring. I also have a brother in football, soccer, and wrestling, and another brother who does acrobatics. i drive a lot.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada

The frequency of fillups doesn't mean a car is fuel efficient . Lots of small efficient cars have small tanks. I fill up every 5 days due to commute but my civic only takes like 50 bucks worth where an SUV may go same distance say 700km but fills at 120 bucks