• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Keep the letter and ignore it for now. Take whatever steps possible to ensure they dont try to harm your dog or let it out of the yard hoping it runs away.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike people who have dogs that bark all the time and do nothing about it, leaving everyone else to listen to that noise, but that doesn't really seem to be the case here if most of the neighborhood don't really find it to be an issue or notice it at all.

What's really fucked up is the neighbor probably killing your dog, the situation sounds way too weird for your dog to just drop dead and the other one becoming quite sick, keep your eyes on that asshole and monitor everything you can to have legal backing should anything remotely similar happen in the future.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Sorry to hear all that.

Make sure your nests are running 24/7 and subscribe to have the 30 days of history just to cover your ass. Even better if he calls Animal Control tell them to ask the neighbor if they could provide exact times of disturbance and if it doesn't corroborate with your camera footage sue for harassment.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There threat is as hollow as usual, letter or no. Keep an eye on your neighbor and continue to do your best that your dog is not potentially harmed by them. If you want to take extra measures against the neighbor, I'd consult all if the other neighbors and move as a union against them.

Lies. I've never left a note over a dog but I've lived next to plenty of loud ones. They're the worst. The owners of em need to be more self aware.
Just leave the thread, dude. You ain't contributing anything, just being asshole. No one gives a shit what you think about dogs.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
This dude is harassing you. I'd file a complaint and give them all the details.

If someone poisoned my dogs... I'd do bad things.
Yeah, you and your neighbors need to file harassment complaints. Even if nothing comes of them they'll still be on file in case they try something else.

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
Like it's been said, hit him with every petty violation in the book. The real time to handle this was when he poisoned your dogs, and by handle I mean with a fist to the face.

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
Considering he poisoned your dog I would move :( I know that may sound extreme but the lives of my pets would be more important than standing my ground, plus the guy would be out of the picture

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
There threat is as hollow as usual, letter or no. Keep an eye on your neighbor and continue to do your best that your dog is not potentially harmed by them.

Just leave the thread, dude. You ain't contributing anything, just being asshole. No one gives a shit what you think about dogs.
Done. I'm out.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dogs that bark all day for no fucking reason are a nuisance and just tells me the owner didint raise it right. No exceptions. I raised mine and they bark at strangers and the ocasional stray animal, which is fine. But never hours at a time at any sound they hear. Train your fucking pets.

Now, that neighbor is an asshole and hes fucked. If everyone else just got used to dogs barking all day and are confortable in that noisy hell, he needs to move.

He probably wont and will poison dogs. Have a cam in your lawn.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Well....let's say your neighbor did in fact poison your dog. You obviously don't know they did, but you have a good reason to be suspicious, right? So if all of that is true, how can you leave this dog outside at all? Can you just keep the dog inside?

AnnoyinSwami

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly OP I think your best bet is to file a complaint and potentially put up a camera system if you can afford it. Especially if you think they have poisoned your dogs in the past.

OP
OP
SpeedyBlueDude

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Dogs that bark all day for no fucking reason are a nuisance and just tells me the owner didint raise it right. No exceptions. I raised mine and they bark at strangers and the ocasional stray animal, which is fine. But never hours at a time at any sound they hear. Train your fucking pets.

Now, that neighbor is an asshole and hes fucked. If everyone else just got used to dogs barking all day and are confortable in that noisy hell, he needs to move.

He probably wont and will poison dogs. Have a cam in your lawn.
I will also admit fault there. My dog is a spoiled little brat that I didn't train right because I received him when I was 9 years old. I don't regret it though because he's been my best friend for the last 14 years.

I just realized I forgot the most important part of animal threads, here's my little criminal.

EMXhYQqVAAAwUYg

EMXhYQrU0AA97nX

Oct 27, 2017
If a neighbor poisoned my dog, I would have gone over and murdered them.

OP, you need to set up surveillance around your property immediately and seek legal recourse against this person or persons.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Just get legal counsel. And a camera for your yard. Psycho threats are not ok.
Also, a lot of people avoid direct confrontation so it might be the case that one of the neighbors that told you are ok with it are indeed not ok with it.

If they guy isn't a blatant liar and your dog barks that much, you have to do something about it. Even if that person stops being in the picture, there's something wrong there.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I will also admit fault there. My dog is a spoiled little brat that I didn't train right because I received him when I was 9 years old. I don't regret it though because he's been my best friend for the last 14 years.

I just realized I forgot the most important part of animal threads, here's my little criminal.

EMXhYQqVAAAwUYg

EMXhYQrU0AA97nX
OP if anything happens to this lil dude, just know that I will personally deliver justice to whoever hurt him

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The dude is probably unstable if what you say is right. I'll look for outside help be it police or something.

If the guy and his family actually attack the animals in the neighborhood they are a threat.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017

EMXhYQqVAAAwUYg

EMXhYQrU0AA97nX
Your dog is so cute😍

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
OP, you're going to get a lot of bad advice about this.

First of all, don't get a lawyer unless you have tons of disposable income. There will never be a civil lawsuit from your neighbor. It would be laughed out of court.

I wouldn't be so sure. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that my own parents sued our neighbors over their barking dog when I was a kid and it was not laughed out of court. It dragged on for months, we "won," in that our neighbors were given a court order to keep their dog inside or quiet it by some other means during such and such hours, and then they promptly ignored that.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you guys vastly overstate the abilities of lawyers to sort out situations like this. In the end, that asshole neighbor will still be living next to you. Keep your adorable dog inside if you really think the neighbor is capable of poisoning him.

I mean, that does kind of eliminate the problem, right? Unless there's a reason why he can't be left inside....

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

EMXhYQqVAAAwUYg

EMXhYQrU0AA97nX
Who the hell could hate this little cutie? What the fuck?

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh I freaking hate hate hate neighbors like that. My family had trouble with this stuff at multiple houses in the country side. At our previous house they shot one of our dogs because he got out one time... We had trouble at our current house with the "bad" neighbor complaining about simple stuff, but luckily they seemed to back off as they couldn't do a thing and other neighbors were on our side saying we take care of ours perfectly fine and they don't even notice them. I mean, they even complained about roosters crowing in the morning... I mean holy hell, everyone I've told that to laughed.

I feel you OP and it's terrible what they're doing, I hope you can get this worked out. From what I've seen it's a lot harder to sort this stuff than it looks.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If everything you say is true just ignore it

I do want to add that based on your diagram those other question marks can definitely hear your dog barking. Also, as someone who works from home, just because it doesn't bother your other neighbors means nothing. Im also a Little skeptical of your claim that you leave him outside when you work but justify it because it's not early morning and to you (watching video) the barking isn't annoying

still, it doesn't sound like you Or your dog are actually doing anything wrong and if he had any leverage with animal control he would have already used it (And per your story he has repeatedly tried and failed) so it isn't worth engaging

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That neighbour sounds like a maniac, and as others have said, you should talk to a lawyer and see what options you have. Try getting a restraining order if possible.

Oct 27, 2017
OP says he keeps his dog inside the house 90% of the time. The neighbor literally murdered his other dog, and some of y'all clowns are still dropping gems like, "dogs fucking suck!" Wut?

OP, sorry for your loss and continued harassment. I really have nothing to add, since calling SPCA/animal control in advance to completely nullify this jerk's threat is the best course of action.

Man, FUCK this neighbor. Gets MULTIPLE dogs of your other neighbors taken away. Has his children shoot other dogs with BB guns. Poisons your dog. What a monumental piece of shit.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

EMXhYQqVAAAwUYg

EMXhYQrU0AA97nX
He's beautiful op!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They ....... Poisoned your dog, and you didn't Immediately go over there and beat the fucking shit out of them ? Holy fuck you have more restraint than I do; Kill my dog and you've killed a family member, it's all out war.
This here. That neighbor should not have gone on living peacefully.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a dynamite OP, starts off as "oh fuck another "why can't you fuckers be normal" ERA thread...." and then quickly gets into the meat and turns the whole story on it's side. Thrilling.

That said that guy totally poisoned your dogs. I'm guessing this guy is in his late 60s/early 70s? I know too many guys that age who've either advised or admitted to poisoning an annoying dog. And these are for the most part upstanding citizen/family type guys, I don't know what it was about the 1950s but that shit was a thing and not even frowned on.

That said his threats are empty as fuck, I'm petty so I'd just be looking for opportunities to turn the tables on the guy but totally not necessary. In your case though I'd make one face-to-face meeting mandatory with the guy to just tell him "my property is monitored by cams at all hours so take that information as you will" and leave it at that. Guy will be too chickenshit to ever try a poison stunt again, and probably will shut up permanently after someone steps to his ass.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
That is a dynamite OP, starts off as "oh fuck another "why can't you fuckers be normal" ERA thread...." and then quickly gets into the meat and turns the whole story on it's side. Thrilling.

That said that guy totally poisoned your dogs. I'm guessing this guy is in his late 60s/early 70s? I know too many guys that age who've either advised or admitted to poisoning an annoying dog. And these are for the most part upstanding citizen/family type guys, I don't know what it was about the 1950s but that shit was a thing and not even frowned on.

That said his threats are empty as fuck, I'm petty so I'd just be looking for opportunities to turn the tables on the guy but totally not necessary. In your case though I'd make one face-to-face meeting mandatory with the guy to just tell him "my property is monitored by cams at all hours so take that information as you will" and leave it at that. Guy will be too chickenshit to ever try a poison stunt again, and probably will shut up permanently after someone steps to his ass.

Would you still take the risk of leaving your dog outside when you're not at home, though?

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I get where you're coming from. Does your city have noise by-laws? If so, you might be fucked no matter what your other neighbors think. The neighbor in question could be the only one offended by the dog(s), but it won't matter if the by-laws exist.

As for the other stuff like poisoning and whatnot, you should go to the authorities.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you still take the risk of leaving your dog outside when you're not at home, though?

I mean I have had dogs my whole life and wouldn't do that ANYWAYS, crazy neighbor or not. But I'm not OP and his situation sounds like it is what it is.

I'd definitely advise NOW after the note and the previous insanity that those dogs are NEVER outside alone ever again but it's not my property so...

I do think he's got balls enough to storm out and talk to 7 neighbors over it that biting the bullet and going at the dickweed is for the best. Doesn't have to be a confrontation just frame it as "I don't know who sent this but I am speaking to EVERY neighbor face to face to understand the problem. Please know my property is monitored by video 24 hours a day"

gully state

Oct 27, 2017

EMXhYQqVAAAwUYg

EMXhYQrU0AA97nX

what a handsome pup...

OP
OP
SpeedyBlueDude

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
I only leave him out willingly from around 3 hours during my morning work days. Usually 11 AM - 2 PM before I get home and bring him in. He doesn't seem to bark during that time, because he can see me drive off and knows he's fine. He'll usually sleep towards the front and just... lay there for 3 hours. I only feel comfortable with that because it's Day Time, and I have the cameras. This is also a pretty recent thing, which I'll stop doing because of this note to be honest.

At Night, I legit won't leave him out alone. I either stand outside with him, or watch from the patio until he rushes back up to want to come inside. I understand he's a scared boy and doesn't like being outside. The barking is really bad if I even leave him outside for a minute alone. Like he refuses to even go down the stairs alone. Just wait by the glass door for me to let him back in, barking until I do.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Dang my dude, from what I've read this is tragic and my heart goes out to you. Glad that you've invested in cameras because I don't have any advice on top of that. I would be livid in your shoes, really don't know what else to add.

Some of the commenters here are being very insensitive, please don't take them to heart and realize that most any person is on your side.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
The neighbour is clearly a disgusting person for very likely poisoning the dogs amongst other things so let's get that out of the way first. After reading the OP, the situation I'm about to describe obviously don't match with his barking dog either. But for the people with dogs dumbfounded by anyone being annoyed by a barking dog, it shows a bit of a lack of self awareness. I'm not going to find a dog 'cute' if it's barking at all hours of the night or even during the day, especially if I have young kids trying to sleep. So in a situation like that you better believe I'd be complaining, though going to the neighbour first and politely talking to them about my issue would be a reasonable first step. It's important when you're part of a community that you try your best not to negatively impact on other people, that includes making sure your dog isn't barking all the time.