• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many platinums do you have?

Votes: 648 29.0%
  • 1-10

Votes: 897 40.2%
  • 10-20

Votes: 223 10.0%
  • 20-30

Votes: 121 5.4%
  • 30-40

Votes: 69 3.1%
  • 40-50

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • 50+

Votes: 223 10.0%

• Total voters

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know how many I have, less than 10, maybe less than 5, but I got the Platinum for Persona 5 Royal on Sunday.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I've got three Platinum trophies:

Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Terminator Salvation

The one for Terminator was stupid easy but I'm proud of my Gundam Platinums.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I have 58, the vast majority will be from my trophy hunting phase on PS3. Nowadays I only go for platinum if it's a game I'm really enjoying and it's not too annoying to get.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
just checked and as expected, a big fat zero
i usually play games to the credits, have no interest in achievements/trophies etc tho

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Looking through my game list I have ~23 (over half of which are Fromsoft games). I only ever go for all trophies if I've finished the game but still want to keep playing (so I use them as an end goal) or if I finish and I'm only a few minimal-effort trophies away. The only one that actually felt like an achievement is Hollow Knight.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have less than 5 and the only one I tried for was Bloodborne. Trophies are fun when they pop but it's background noise.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
I do like trophies, but I never go out of my way to get them.

This is why I'm not shocked that you don't have a Platinum.

Generally, there will be at least several Achievements/Trophies in any given game that gamers need to specifically try to earn. They're not necessarily repetitive or tedious; if they're well-designed, they're just extra tasks that will allow folks to enjoy the game in new ways, or to challenge themselves by adding a handicap.

I find that in most games, if I don't care about Achievements, I'll unlock 20-60% of them naturally if I play the game to completion. I sometimes care, sometimes don't, depending on the game and how much I'm enjoying it. They're a great excuse to play the games I love most even more. =)

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I remember spending so much time trying to find all feathers in AC only realizing I wasted so much time just to get an achievement... haven't bothered with collectibles or unlocking achievements ever since. The only collectibles I actively pursue are narrative items — Control had some interesting tidbits in its collectibles.

Oct 27, 2017
oni-link my dude, the reason you don't have any platinums is because you're always buying new games and you never stick to the previous one for long enough!

I think I've got about 22. Most of them are pretty easy or simple with the exception of a few tougher ones which are for games I really love. Most recent was Days Gone which is pretty simple and I expect most people would have 70% or more by the time they complete the story so it wasn't too much extra effort.

I've got:
PS3:
Uncharted 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Demon's Souls
Dragon's Dogma
Jak & Daxter
Tales from the Borderlands
The Wolf Among Us
The Walking Dead S1
Crysis

Vita:
Tearaway
Severed
Super Exploding Zoo (don't judge me; it's actually a cute little puzzle game)
Resistance Burning Skies

PS4:
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
Days Gone
Watch Dogs 2
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Tacoma
Lara Croft Go
Spider-Man
Gravity Rush Remastered

Pretty sure I've forgotten some too. Edit - actually, that is 22 so maybe that's all of them.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have like, 2. One is from Virtue's Last Reward (a visual novel) where you get the Platinum by just playing through the game. I really don't care for trophies.
Saw a dude on my friendslist recently who has ( I kid you not) 1337 Platinum trophies. I don't even know how that's possible. That's like 2 Platinum trophies every week since trophies launched.

Oct 25, 2017
I have 47.
I have 4 more games close to plat right now though, so I just voted 50 lol.
I usually plat all adventure type games. If there's a lot of online stuff I don't bother.
linear games that require a lot of replays or have lots of missables I usually don't bother with. Unless they're really short games.
I always get Final Fantasy plats though. 19 of mine are from FF.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
My only two Plats are FFXIII and Battle Garegga Rev.2016
lol

I fend off having backlogs by beating games and moving on.
That tends to not be conducive to getting a lot of trophies, let alone Platinums.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
No platinums here either since I have zero tolerance for bullshit grinding in games for trophies. If it's for gear/exp or whatever, then sure, I'll farm a ton since those are actually useful. But I just don't give a shit about trophies enough to intentionally work for them. My closest is Heavy Rain at 90-something percent, since its easy to get most without doing anything too crazy.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I have one, for Far Cry Primal. I truly don't care about trophies, I turned notifications for them off. Platinums generally force you to play games in super unnatural ways, which isn't for me. I'd rather just enjoy the experience organically, beat the game, and move on.

Ocie

Jan 21, 2020
Only 2. I only seek them out for games that I want to play beyond their regular end.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Three. UC:DF, UC2 and Days Gone. They all had many trophies unlock naturally or by getting the in-game unlocks for UC1, so I only had a couple to do for the Plat and I felt like doing that. Uncharted 3, GA, 4 and LL have too many "ehh" trophies, especially MP ones, so I didn't feel like doing it there and with all other games I'm not even close.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have 21.
I don't care about trophies, except when I'm really enjoying and loving the game, just for fun and most times it's like a natural process. For example I just need one more trophy for DOOM Eternal (the extra lives mode), but I don't want to play the game anymore so that's it, I'll not have a boring time just for a trophy lol.

My list

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls Remastered
Dark Souls II
Dark Souls II SotFS
Dark Souls III
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Code Vein
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
DOOM
Godd of War
Horizon
Final Fantasy VII
Tekken 7
Undertale
Yooka Laylee
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
The only Platinum trophy I went out of my way for was Spiderman (ps4). I think my only other one is Jak and Daxter.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
3 platinums from Spyro Trilogy and 1 from Saints Row 3. I think i get less than 20% of trophies in any game lol

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Team 0 trophies

Up until this pandemic my free time to play games was so small it was never viable even if I cared about it. Now I'm playing games like Division 2 and Assassins Creed Oddessy which I image would be crazy to get

Oct 28, 2019
Zero platinums in my life

But I know I was close a couple of times so I went back to take a look and:

Assassin's Creed II (360): 48/50
Forza Motorsport 3 (360): 48/50
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC): 48/50
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PS3): 33/36
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Stadia): 49/50

Also, all ultra rare and very rare trophies according to PSN Profiles are from FIFA games lol

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I only go for platinum if I'm desperately looking for an excuse to keep playing a game after I've finished everything else.

As it stands now, I think I only have 3 plats:

Gravity Rush Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spiderman

All of them I went for platinum because of the reason above. Though it's not like it took much effort to finish up the plats on these games, because again, I had already done everything else in the game.

But yeah, other than that I don't really bother with trophies at all. Same goes for achievements on Xbox.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I have 1.
Recently finished DQXI, which is for those who don't know a very overrated slog of a game, but especially LOOOOONG.
By the time you beat the final boss, you're basically a handful of hours away from the platinum so I said "eh fuck it".

I'm also missing 2-3 trophies for DS2, SotFS and DS3, so ask again in a few months.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
34 plats, got the one for AC Odyssey yesterday. I love seeing those percentages go up, makes me feel accomplished :D

I've got:
MGS3 (PS3 (Twice on different acounts)
MGS3 (Vita)
MGS Peace Walker
MGSV
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Batman Arkham Knight
Canis Canem Edit
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (the new one)
Devil May Cry 3
DmC: Devil May Cry
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Dark Souls (PS3)
Dark Souls Remastered
Dar Souls 2 (PS3)
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Gravity Rush Remastered
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
Prototype 2
Skyrim (PS3)
Skyrim (PS4)
inFAMOUS Second Son

Last edited:

RAWcolour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Only 1, Bloodborne. I generally don't care about trophies but in Bloodborne's case they motivated me to get through the Chalice Dungeons.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
0 in both the Sony and Microsoft systems.

I have a loooooot of trophies and achievements, but 0% platinums.

I believe the closest was when I 100% (in-game stats) God Of War 2018 and when I checked the trophy list I only needed a few for the Platinum.

But hey, Fuck that. Game said 100%.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
None of the games on my Steam account created in 2009 are 100%. No plats for PS3, PS4 or Vita.

I only ever busted my ass in FFXIV for the actual rewards from achievements, like minions and stupid clothing.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
Probably about 3. I sincerely have no idea.

I grew up mostly as a PC gamer, so i have absolutely no interest in trophies/achievements.
When i play i game i do it for my own enjoyment. I don't want to have to play in a certain way or do some specific tasks out of the normal flow of the game just to get some points/stars. I feel like it's a wast of time.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I am definitely in the 0 platinum gang. I get enjoyment from playing the game, I could care less about trophies and arbitrary carrot on a sticks to keep playing it.

The only one that is different is achievements in WoW. At least they give you some cool things if you get certain ones

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ive got zero, I have absolutely no interest in overplaying games to an unfun degree just to get a number next to my name.

I got notifications turned off, once Im done with the game I check out what trophies I got as a curiosity, thats about it. One of my least favorite additions to games ever, hope Nintendo never adds them

Jay-T

Oct 28, 2017
I have 3 platinum trophies:
VLR which took no effort
Tales of the border land which also took no effort
And Bloodborne, the only one I've bothered to get

Trophies are useless

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I have 2. Horizon and Days Gone.

For Horizon, I didn't have to go out of my way to get it.
For Days Gone, I had to clean up some hordes after the ending.

Both are easy platinums.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm like you OP in that I've never chased trophies.....I've still managed to get 5 platinums though,just by playing those games a lot I guess,lol.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
There was a summer in college where I spent it trying to platinum my favorite games, I ended up getting 7.

And getting really close to platinuming the original Catherine

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I have about 32 platinums. This combines PS3 and PS4. Let's say I had obsession with trophies for a while hence the relative high number of platinums.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have 35 myself. I only get them for games I enjoyed enough to do all the side/dumb stuff too, provided it's not too hard/boring to the point I'll end up hating the game, or a ridiculous time sink.

There have been games I loved but took like 50 hours to complete and getting the platinum would've been an additional 200+ hour grind and... yeah, I'd rather replay the whole game at that point.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Hello oni-link, I also have 0 platinum trophies. I like achievements/trophies and some of them are the prize in itself for me. Getting some of them were a pain in the ass, and some of the ones I haven't gotten are even worse, so I'm not even gonna try.

So I guess I'll never have a platinum trophy or equivalent :P