• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017

We are proud to present the trailer for M2: Complete Works, an hour long documentary on this history of the talented Japanese game developer. This documentary will be included on a Blu-ray disc with the Battle Garegga LE from @LimitedRunGames on May 10th

The documentary will also be available on their YouTube channel from May 19th.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
These guys are great. I was wondering about the Japan project. Such a great collaboration.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Oh awesome.
The Battle Garegga LE is way out of my budget, but I don't want to miss out on this documentary. Glad it's going on youtube.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Don't see myself buying a NA copy again for PS4, but nice that a physical version will be made. JP release was....a long time ago?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
May 10th, 10 AM EST is when it goes on sale for PS4 on their website.
Thanks. I'll have to look in to how this works. I've never tried to order anything through them before.
Don't see myself buying a NA copy again for PS4, but nice that a physical version will be made. JP release was....a long time ago?
Battle Garegga Rev.2016 was, in fact, released in 2016 (mid-December).

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This is awesome. It's so nice to finally start seeing M2 get the credit they deserve in western media. Truly masters of their craft.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Oh whew, I thought I missed Garegga's LRG release based on the way that was worded. Probably still will a week from now. :(

As for the doc, that's awesome! I'm admittedly a bit underwhelmed by the effort of their ports on Switch compared to 3DS, but I'm still buying just about all of them. I think Virtua Racing will change my opinion for the better though!

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
The super secret documentary almost a year in the making. They've been teasing it for a while but couldn't say what it was. This is the reason they were both in Japan last summer.

Can't wait!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, definitely nice to see, especially considering how long they've been around.
They really made a lot of video game Youtubers up their game as well.

Much a bigger gaming Youtubers now care tons about image quality. Many now have RGB modded systems. AVGN, Metal Jesus, GameSack, and so on. They used to have awful footage lol. Not anymore.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Much a bigger gaming Youtubers now care tons about image quality. Many now have RGB modded systems. AVGN, Metal Jesus, GameSack, and so on. They used to have awful footage lol. Not anymore.
Hard to believe it wasn't too long ago that people were capturing retro console footage via composite. Good times.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017

Mike Matei as well. Hell he even has RGB modded Atari 2600, NES, PC-Engine Duo and Philips CD-i!

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
We need more M2s in this world...
They're not quite M2 level but I feel like Gotch Technology is next in line in terms of overlooked retro/emu devs. Gotch worked on retro stuff for Namco Bandai, Capcom and Hamster and their origins go way back as the founders used to be the dev group at Rutubo Games known for their excellent Sega arcade conversions on 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast.