• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
OP, your head looks great now.

This made me laugh though:

CmsGLXd.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I want to shave my head so bad since my hair has been thinned pretty bad from the crown, but I have cysts and bumps all over my head :/ Its quite unsightly and the hair I have towards the front is still fighting valiantly to cover it.

I'm not that worried about my thinning hair, I'm not really trying to impress the ladies or anything since I'm married. I more want to get rid of it just to not have to maintain it :p

BTW OP, you look way better shaved. Be Proud!

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Here's the order I went in:

1. Barber buzz at a 1 or 2
2. Start buzzing it yourself with a Remington HC4250 (super easy... takes a couple minutes)
3. Start shaving it entirely off with an Omnishaver and shaving cream. You use this after a shower and it's a joke how easy it is. I do it every other day now.
I just googled Omnishaver and I'm about to order one. I've always been hesitant about completely shaving my head (I basically look like a young Robert Picardo these days), but if this thing is really this easy to use I might finally do it :)

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
my hair started disappearing when i was 16.

it really messed me up for a long time but i don't even care any more. nothing i can do about it so no point getting upset about it.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
I have a receding hairline for the past 5 years. A few months back I just said fuck it and started buzzing my head down to a "1" every week or so.

I've gotten quite a few compliments, and it'll make the transition to going actually bald less jarring. Plus my bank account loves no more haircut costs (partner does my neck and ears for me)

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
OP you didn't start balding, you probably had already been balding for a good 2-3 years before you made this thread. That picture from 8 months ago with long hair, you already had a significantly receded hairline with pretty much no temple points and the length was probably hiding the thinning on your crown.

I can relate to you though, I am on finasteride (yes some people get side effects but I don't and you would never know until you try). I also got a hair transplant 2 weeks ago to add density to my thinning as I had female pattern hairloss. With that said I had to shave my head off for the procedure and my first thoughts after I had my head shaved were "this doesn't look that bad tbh".

Whatever decision you make, you basically have to own it and be confident in it. When it comes to dating, some women would care, some won't. It's primarily online apps like tinder/bumble where you may feel the difference but otherwise it won't matter. And in your late 20s you'd magically start feeling that even less women give a shit about it.

And remember it's not the bald look that's unattractive, but rather the balding look with patchy hair, combover/combforwards that's unattractive.

Last edited:

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Mine started going when I was 20-21. Started off just buzzing it and then switched over to shaving a few months later. I don't really have any hangups about it because I frankly look a lot cooler with it shaved and people like to come up and rub my head.

I've had to adjust it a bit over the years. I used to do a shave with the grain and then against to get the super close shave and perfect smoothness that people liked to feel, but it causes too much irritation and gets infected a lot easier. I just do with the grain now and it's a lot less rough on the skin. I also used to shave every other day, but now I just do it on Tuesday and Friday instead. Washing your pillow cases frequently also helps keep away head pimples. Usually wash everything off with a wet towel before bed too. Shaving in the shower is a lot easier too. I don't even bother with a mirror. You can use the water to clean up things and soften the hair a bit, which again cuts down on pimples and irritation. Also no annoying cleanup.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry OP, I'm bald and I'm extremely rich and popular and if I'm honest, the main reason my guns and abs are so chiseled is from fending off chicks all day long.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Well, here I am, in all my shiny glory.

Imgur Image

I swear I'm not bullshitting you when I say you look better bald. Grow a stubble shadow and you'll really be rocking it.

For the shine, use a good moisturizer on your dome. Shaving is harsh on skin, especially up top, so the body tends to overcompensate with oil production. Moisturize daily and that will get better.

And, uh... never wear that hideous shirt again.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Shave your hair and your eyebrows. Girls love it and people will think you're always excited for something

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Could be worse, my hair started turning white at 19 and male baldness pattern at 25. I had taken to shaving my head at 16 for looks and convenience, it just stopped being a choice.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I wish I were that brave. I've been balding for 6 years now, but I'm skinny, unattractive, and can't really grow a beard so I just roll with looking like shit. Luckily I found a partner before, but with her gone I just don't expect to look again for some time so for once in my life it doesn't bother me so much. The other day my niece told me my son won't recognize me if I keep losing hair though, so that was nice...

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I've got a patch of thinning hair on top of my head but it's situated in a spot where I don't see it in a mirror and I often forget it's there.

The only time I notice it is in photographs or security camera footage.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can style look hip. My friend does this, the guy is in his 40s. He just has his hair like one centimetre tall and gels it to add some volume.

Or you can compensate with facial hair. Get a badass Walter White goatee or Steve Jobs stubble.

Or get muscles, look at Dwayne Johnson or that Jason Statham guy and go for the apex of masculinity.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you gonna go bald at least grow some facial hair out. Otherwise you look like a sperm.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My partner (ten years) started balding and he was devastated. It escalated pretty quickly, but we worked together on his grooming and how he deals with the hair he has on his head and his face and he looks better than ever. Gorgeous.

Bro, you'll be beautiful.

Oct 27, 2017
Id recommend getting on finasteride and minoxidil asap. I noticed my hair starting to look like yours a couple months ago and immediately got on the drugs, and two months later after the initial increased shedding i THINK i'm starting to see some of the shedding reversing, so fingers crossed it keeps getting better. I think the side effects are very overstated, i only noticed a few instances of mild testical discomfort in the first 2 weeks of finasteride and one instance of light headedness, but nothing since then. It's certainly worth a try at least.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I went bald at 20. You'll be fine. It's true I have a big ol' beard, but you don't need one. Be bald and clean shaven. Be yourself. You will be fine.

Imo, don't try to save it. Let it happen. You will be fine. Own that shit. It's you.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
You're looking good with that bald head OP. In fact I prefer you this way. you rock it, I'm jealous. I could not rock it, I tried.

I started to lose my hair too but I went the treatment way, it seems to work. I haven't recovered all my hair (yet) but they have really grow much thicker. The front line has received just a tiny bit but in terms of thickness its way closer to what it was. And about the thickness in my pants they were fortunately no issues.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Welcome to the club. I was really self-conscious about it for almost a year and finally said F it and embraced it, cut my hair down to 3mm and grew out my facial hair to have a 5 o clock shadow and it actually turned into a little ego boost. I was getting compliments at work, i think i was trying so hard to keep looking like i had a full set of hair that it probably looked worse then i thought and drew more attention to my balding.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Pleasantly surprised to see that the OP already shaved his head at the advice of people here. A harmless genetic quirk you have no control over is nothing to be ashamed of, and full bald has never been bigger or sexier than it is now.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
When I reached 27 I got the Vegeta hairline so fast I wanted to roll over and cry. Shit is just unstoppable.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
I've got a patch of thinning hair on top of my head but it's situated in a spot where I don't see it in a mirror and I often forget it's there.

The only time I notice it is in photographs or security camera footage.

Same, only time I see mine is when the hairdresser raises the secondary hand mirror so I check out the back of my haircut. It's looking pretty grim from that angle but I am at least taller than average so most don't even see it. Guess I got that going for me, I figure in a few years I'll have to go the completely shaved with beard route.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shaving it off entirely is so much extra work and so unnecessary. I would trim it with a one or two guard. Much easier and head stubble looks good. Think Jason Statham instead of Picard.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great results! was the transplant mechanically or manually made? And actually $10K is a steal for those results.
I actually got it for 8200 by some alternate miracle, but it involved a last second cancelation by another patient and me literally getting a phone call at 10 PM and I was in the chair the next morning. But that's extremely uncommon and it was also eight years ago.

Manually done, FUT, 3477 grafts. And yeah I'm on Fin, too.