• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Update: See Threadmark for now freshly shaven head

I buzzed my hair to a 3 yesterday, because "Hair is so damn irritating, I'm sick of it. That's it, I'm getting rid of it. Again. Like I did last year."
Except this time, having it so short has revealed the truth, my hair has thinned out notably at the front over the past year, enough for my family to notice.
I've always had a fivehead, but this is just a bit further.

Pictures on Imgur
Edit: I removed them. The picture in the threadmark remains up, however.
Edit 2: Now all the pictures in this thread have been deleted :P

I always knew and feared this day would come,
My grandfather went before he even hit 20, I believe, My father went about mid 20s.
Now, here I am, soon to be 24, and
tenor.gif

It's not too bad... Yet.
I don't know how fast it will take to progress, hell, could take ages, but it has begun.
But I am slightly upset about it. I mean, I know I have naught but seething unending hate for my eternally dry, fluffy hair, but it's still a tad upsetting. Mostly because I don't like seeing myself as masculine (Damn genetics, why I gotta be covered in so much body hair, too) and this is kinda screwing me a bit on that front, and while I hated my hair, a lot of my friends saw it as a distinct part of my image.

I dunno what I'm gonna do. My immediate thought is "Oh fuck, fuck no. I'd rather have no hair than this thinning crap, lemme go the full Picard" but now I'm just sitting on it. My mother says she likes my hair buzzed now (She hated it last year, she thinks I must have an older face this year), but frankly I no longer believe her, I think she's just trying to avoid hurting my feelings.

Anyway, I don't know if it's even so bad as to warrant going Picard. Personally, I've always wanted to try it, but fuck my life I don't want everyone bugging me about it if I did. I will be losing my christmas casual job at the end of January (for the obvious reason), so I won't see anyone who worked there ever again, perhaps that is the time to give it a try.

Or am I just over reacting over this all?

Update: See Threadmark

Someone who's opinion don't matter but will inevitably post in this thread said:
nVxKWww.jpg

You'll get stubble at most, If I'm feeling lazy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
You've got a good shaped head. Just shave it.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think those who are balding always look better going full Picard. It's just something about the confidence to go bald and the face shape that makes you look like a total fuckin bad ass.

I'd say do it OP. You will look like a gem.

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I think those who are balding always look better going full Picard. It's just something about the confidence to go bald and the face shape that makes you look like a total fuckin bad ass.

I'd say do it OP. You will look like a gem.
Patrick Stewart is fucking great, and I wanna rock the look. It's like, not action hero badass, but super dignified badass. Smart professor badass.
Unfortunately, I feel a lot of people my age would disagree, 24 is somewhat young to go bald, so people tend not to like the look.
Particularly girls. (at least, I assume.)

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
Patrick Stewart is fucking great, and I wanna rock the look. It's like, not action hero badass, but super dignified badass. Smart professor badass.
Unfortunately, I feel a lot of people my age would disagree, 24 is somewhat young to go bald, so people tend not to like the look.
Particularly girls. (at least, I assume.)
you just need to get jacked

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As someone who became a victim to this at the age of about 22: shave it. Just do it now and get used to it - trust me, you'll love it eventually. Full bald is so much better looking than thin hair and you will like the comfort of not having to wash and comb your hair. Also, improved aerodynamics. You will be faster. Just do it.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Particularly girls.

Women tend to like what they like and that is often pretty broad, just like it is with men. You will infinitely have a better chance with anyone as long as you are genuine, engaged, and respectful (with a hint of funny).

You can be a bald hottie OP, but if you don't own the confidence, you're gonna be selling insecurity.

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
It's further gone than you want to believe. In bright light like sunlight it will look twice as bad. Try buzzing down to a #1 once you're done with your holiday job.
Eeep.

Honestly, I could have sworn it was going for the longest time.
Throughout the year, the cameras in my second job gave me a good look at the back of my head, and I could of sworn I was balding, but both my mother and the hairdresser insisted otherwise. I ended up getting into an argument with her accusing her of lying about it, but she insists she didn't realize until now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
As someone who became a victim to this at the age of about 22: shave it. Just do it now and get used to it - trust me, you'll love it eventually. Full bald is so much better looking than thin hair and you will like the comfort of not having to wash and comb your hair. Also, improved aerodynamics. You will be faster. Just do it.
It would be nice to be more aerodynamic.

Oct 28, 2017
I lost mine in my early 20s too man

If you have a good enough of a personality and can keep in moderately decent shape you'll be fine

The fact that it bothers you so much is more unattractive than the hair loss

Women dont seem to mind

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I lost mine in my early 20s too man

If you have a good enough of a personality and can keep in moderately decent shape you'll be fine

The fact that it bothers you so much is more unattractive than the hair loss

Women dont seem to mind
I feel like I'm handling it relatively well, It's just that it was hoisted upon me with little time to come to terms with it.

The personality thing though, I don't think I'm doing too well on that front, being a high functioning autistic and all.
I'm not afraid of my dating life dying.
I'm afraid of the stillborn remains being cremated.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Do a no-guard shave off. Buzz that shit off! You can do it. Your head shape doesn't look weird. Get a tan to go with it!

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
So, my sisters and mother are telling me it's not that noticable, even when I push them, while everyone here is insisting it is that noticeable, and I should shave and hit the the gym (Pro tip, I'm not gonna go to the gym, ever)

My father won't weigh in.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Either do the Jason Statham look where you buzz it even shorter or just shave it. Either one would do well for you. Everyone says it but I'd definitely grow a mini beard too.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
So, my sisters and mother are telling me it's not that noticable, even when I push them, while everyone here is insisting it is that noticeable, and I should shave and hit the the gym (Pro tip, I'm not gonna go to the gym, ever)

My father won't weigh in.
Well of course, your parents are being nice. But you're not an ugly guy so I don't think shaving your head is going to kill you. Do what you feel is right. :)

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Well of course, your parents are being nice. But you're not an ugly guy so I don't think shaving your head is going to kill you. Do what you feel is right. :)
Back the last time I buzzed my hair, nearly everyone told me it looked good or ok.
Once it grew back a bit, so many of those opinions switched to "oh yeah, I actually hated it"
It gave me a bit of a complex in feeling like I cant trust them. This was friends too.

That said, they all can see me in real life, where as y'all are looking at a picture I took to show off the balding in the most revealing light.
Not to mention that in cases like this, I feel like the advice given out is ALWAYS the same, I've never not once seen someone say "It's not that bad", when statistically, sometimes It won't actually be that bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Shaving my head was one of the better decisions I made. I always hated my hair, even before it was thinning, and shaving it finally gave me a "look" I'm okay with.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Bro I mean this with all sincerity as someone that is fighting to keep the baldness from being a reality and you actually look a lot better with your hair short. You have a good face shape. I think you will be fine bro

Conmex

Banned
May 19, 2018
youd be surprised what women like. the other day i was chatting with a beautiful girl in the office when in walks a guy from the warehouse. hes in his mid 30s, tall, dad bod and a shaved head. as he walks by she tells me that dude is sexy and im like, "huh?''

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm so glad balding is not in my genes, at least if I got that side of me from my dad.

Unfortunately, I've been getting small bits of grey hair here and there, and I'm only 27. It'll still take a while before it becomes the dominant hair color (hopefully in over a decade), but yeah. :<

Oct 27, 2017
That looks reversible with propecia/finasteride. Go to a hair restoration doctor and get a prescription. You might be in the 1% that gets side-effects but you'll know quick.

That's if you care anyways, some people prefer to do the natural thing and go bald and I can respect that.
Ive heard finasteride deflates boners.

That is a rare side-effect that can happen. The finasteride that's used for hair restoration is 1 mg while the one for enlarged prostates is a 5 mg dose, I'm not sure if the people using it to treat enlarged prostates are affecting the overall statistics but again, there are like 1% of guys who get side-effects in the first week and have to stop the medication.

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
That looks reversible with propecia/finasteride. Go to a hair restoration doctor and get a prescription. You might be in the 1% that gets side-effects but you'll know quick.

That's if you care anyways, some people prefer to do the natural thing and go bald and I can respect that.

That is a rare side-effect that can happen. The finasteride that's used for hair restoration is 1 mg while the one for enlarged prostates is a 5 mg dose, I'm not sure if the people using it to treat enlarged prostates are affecting the overall statistics but again, there are like 1% of guys who get side-effects in the first week and have to stop the medication.
Nah, I'm not so desperate.
My father went bald peacefully with little complaint, and I will (hopefully) too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
The point of starting now is not to wait until you're desperate because then it will get worse. It's a preventive measure.
You sure you aren't projecting your own experiences a bit?
Meds are expensive and I don't think they'd work well. As it is, damage has already been done and I don't expect it to recover.
I'm currently in the process of collecting opinions from the few friends I have as to weather or not I should go full chrome right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares. Limp strands of dead cellular matter dangling off your head, they're not where your self esteem lies. Just shave it off and be done and live life with a glorious low maintenance head. Just don't forget hats/suncream.