• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
He was scheduled for the 7th but is going to happen today after my girlfriend had some pains this morning. Currently setting with my girl in the hospital room waiting for the operation to start in about an hour. This is the 3rd time I'm going through this and it never gets any better (nervous as hell) specially during these times.

Wish me and my family luck ERA!!

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Take my advice and don't listen to the doctors when they are like, "You have more than a few hours, and she's going to be asleep due to the epidural." because then you end up walking back into the room holding a cheesesteak sandwich with the nurse being like, "It's time to have the baby!" and you can only think to say, "But my cheesesteak..."

True story from the birth of my first child.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck man. I got two of them. You're in for a wild ride.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Take my advice and don't listen to the doctors when they are like, "You have more than a few hours, and she's going to be asleep due to the epidural." because then you end up walking back into the room holding a cheesesteak sandwich with the nurse being like, "It's time to have the baby!" and you can only think to say, "But my cheesesteak..."

This made me spit out my cheesesteak

Good luck OP!

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Best wishes!

Please go in with infinite patience and grace for your baby, your wife, and yourself.

And when you're exhausted, dig deeper and find more patience and grace.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Good luck to your partner, OP. I hope she and the child have a safe and easy delivery/recovery.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
He was scheduled for the 7th but is going to happen today after my girlfriend had some pains this morning. Currently setting with my girl in the hospital room waiting for the operation to start in about an hour. This is the 3rd time I'm going through this and it never gets any better (nervous as hell) specially during these times.

Wish me and my family luck ERA!!

welcome to ParentERA. Your Swaddle game/diaper game will become strong the next 72 hours. Good luck

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Congratulations! You're about to bring to this world the universe's biggest gifts human life. May it be a good one!

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Best wishes and a speedy recovery for your SO!

My wife dropped the bombshell on me yesterday that we're due in 16 weeks. We're scrambling to try and move before then.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
HSHCbsH.jpg

Congrats, OP!

Thisisme

Apr 14, 2018
Congrats! It seems to be en vogue to shit on parenthood these days, but I have to tell you nothing has given me more fulfillment than seeing my daughter grow and develop.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats and good luck! This seems like a great way to wash away the stink of 2020.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Thank you all for the wishes and good vibes. Tristan came into the world healthy and hungry. Now I can be a little more calm ufff.

Oct 25, 2017

You ate the sandwich as she gave birth didn't you?

OP
OP

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Yup this legit happened to me with my first son. I went to get my breakfast torta according to what the doctor said and then was like "ok baby time" so I had to throw it away.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Hang on and do your best. Kids are incredible and horrible, but altogether life-changing. Nobody has it all figured out, so good luck bullshitting your way through it! Be sure to take a breather when you can, and be there for them when it counts.