• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
So I read some of the manga up to chapter 262 from around 218 or so

Why did they flip the two arcs? I didn't realise that guy in the hospital with the doctor was shigaraki. I thought it was a flashback with Aizawa's friend or something. I feel like I missed a few chapters or something because one minute there's a party and All Might + Aizawa are talking then there's a raid at the hospital to capture the doctor? How did we get here? I assume the anime will get to the flashback stuff that they missed in the chapters covered so far Also since when was there a thing between Jiro and Kaminari or Ashido and Kirishima?.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if Toga had blood in her veins that exploded she should have died.

As others mentioned, it was in her mouth but also the League gets ridiculous plot armor this arc.

100,000 highly-trained adults versus six teens? Shigaraki and Dabi I can see holding their own but Spinner? Get outta here.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So I read some of the manga up to chapter 262 from around 218 or so

Why did they flip the two arcs? I didn't realise that guy in the hospital with the doctor was shigaraki. I thought it was a flashback with Aizawa's friend or something. I feel like I missed a few chapters or something because one minute there's a party and All Might + Aizawa are talking then there's a raid at the hospital to capture the doctor? How did we get here? I assume the anime will get to the flashback stuff that they missed in the chapters covered so far Also since when was there a thing between Jiro and Kaminari or Ashido and Kirishima?.
Kirishima and ashido because of their backstories where they encounter giga last season, kaminari and jiro because of something in the festival iirc

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand why the MLA and League of Villains are fighting. It's like the League just happened upon this random city where the MLA was and they decided to fight...for some reason.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand why the MLA and League of Villains are fighting. It's like the League just happened upon this random city where the MLA was and they decided to fight...for some reason.
The anime rushed this really quick, but MLA kidnapped Giran, that is the weapons guy for the league

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I kind of forgot who Giran was too. But why did the MLA kidnap him? Yeah all the MLA stuff seems really rushed.
This was another rushed thing, Redestro wants to assert dominance by defeating the league

edit: finally the courage to watch it, outside of Toga's backstory that i think was actually well done I dislike much of what they did

Last edited:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Not a bad episode, but super rushed and it felt all over the place. The preview still gives me some hope that they'll at least do good on Twice, but I'm still expecting the worst.
This was another rushed thing, Redestro wants to assert dominance by defeating the league

edit: finally the courage to watch it, outside of Toga's backstory that i think was actually well done I dislike much of what they did
While rushed, they at least got in a fair bit of Toga's backstory. Them rushing it just lessens the not only the evolution of her quirk, but it loses some of the impact.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they're rushing this to minimize the time away from 1A as much as possible. Idk, I stopped watching, but that's my guess.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
A big part of it is that the league is taking up all of the attention that redestro thinks is better suited for the advent of his revolution, so he's attempting to remove the league now before that revolutions comes

Also curious touches on this here, they plan on turning the league into martyrs to further their cause

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I kind of forgot who Giran was too. But why did the MLA kidnap him? Yeah all the MLA stuff seems really rushed.
because it is rushed but basically its the MLA asserting dominance
there's also another reason but i don't think that's revealed yet but it's tied to the dominance thing and their ideology and not a major spoiler so its safe to read but caution but its to show that civilians can protect themselves without the aid of heroes
I feel like they're rushing this to minimize the time away from 1A as much as possible. Idk, I stopped watching, but that's my guess.
its also them wasting time on a filler episode on an already packed season and the Aizawa episode which in the manga is after all of the content in this season for some reason

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Has the anime pointed out what detnerat is/does at this point? I feel like they slipped it in somewhere but when curious busts out the support item this week I was like "oh yeah, the actual business".

Once again, there's also another scene missing here that would've been useful to have.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Has the anime pointed out what detnerat is/does at this point? I feel like they slipped it in somewhere but when curious busts out the support item this week I was like "oh yeah, the actual business".

Once again, there's also another scene missing here that would've been useful to have.
its almost like we skipped the context and the intro for this arc
(the manga had an intro where it explains that right at the beginning this might be revealed later on so im shutting my mouth)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also for anime onlies theres a factor of Toga origin that was skipped thats importsnt
not to sound like a broken record incae they reveal it later im putting it behind spoiler tages but here it is.

a side effect of Toga quirk through no fault of her own is that it gave her a taste of blood she can't control, Toga is a psycho but she legitimately was born with a desire for blood since her quirk requires blood. Her parents sent her to a thing called Quirk counselling that is made to deal with cases like her but they don't adequately treat the patients but more suppress those feelings implied for her parents to save face, so when she attacked the boy it those feelings bursting out because they didn't or couldn't adequately give her treatment

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So I decided to go fuck it and just read like 25 chapters of the manga. I can understand the frustration with how they adapted these arcs now, legit makes no sense.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Welp the pace is definitely a bit too fast.
They continue the trend of barely animating the panels it seems, and the preview at the end had some terrible looking shots. Can't believe they sacrificed this arc but we got a full adaptation of the joint training arc lmao.

The only positive thing is that this season is so bad it motivated me to catch up with the manga

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Twice is the best villain in the series. Satisfied with how they handled Sad Man's Parade, knew it would have to be CGI for certain shots.

Something that I don't think comes off as obvious as it did in the manga was that Twice's chapter was a homage to the The Killing Joke with the actual title of the chapter being "All it takes is one bad day"
jPt3cIG.jpg
original.jpg

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah Twice realizing he's the real deal was always one of my favorite villain moments in the series, glad to see it was done well enough here

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I'm not exactly happy how quickly the Meta Liberation Army are being turned into jokes. They were hyped up to be crazy powerful and devious but now it looks like they're a joke. Hawks was so afraid for nothing lol I'm anime only, by the way.
The arcs with hawks being worried takes place after this btw. This arc is a flashback, they mention it earlier.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the episode is much better than i expect but still not as good as I hoped

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why they switched the order?
Only speculation and depends how cynical you want to be either this arc makes for s better climax then Endeavor arc, to promote the movie because in the movie the kids are interning for Endeavor or they're scared from not focusing on the kids or a baffling creative decision

Oct 25, 2017
Re-Destro looks like he's wearing blackface in the anime

That's his quirk the more racist he is the stronger he gets

(I probably would have picked a slightly different color lol)
I can't tell if I've seen something similar in the past shows or anime compared to how Re-Destro's ability is portrayed, but it certainly isn't anywhere even remotely close to blackface. I was reminded of that one guy from Watchmen, but it may be someone from Naruto.

Lol I'm not exactly happy how quickly the Meta Liberation Army are being turned into jokes. They were hyped up to be crazy powerful and devious but now it looks like they're a joke. Hawks was so afraid for nothing lol I'm anime only, by the way.
The League is having a tougher time against the top dogs of the MLA than the hundreds of followers ganging up on them.

Not to mention, the MLA has been biding their time in the shadows while practicing their Metas liberally as far as I can tell, but the Leahue has been fighting tooth and nail all series, thereby strengthening their Quirks.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Not to mention, the MLA has been biding their time in the shadows while practicing their Metas liberally as far as I can tell, but the Leahue has been fighting tooth and nail all series, thereby strengthening their Quirks.
Plus they've been fighting giga head on, an all might/afo level threat, for like a month now

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I can't tell if I've seen something similar in the past shows or anime compared to how Re-Destro's ability is portrayed, but it certainly isn't anywhere even remotely close to blackface. I was reminded of that one guy from Watchmen, but it may be someone from Naruto.
Well, yeah, not now, but i imagine if it ends up covering his entire face it would look.... weird. Feels like they could've gone for a different color

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Twice is the best closely followed by Toga. Not surprising they got the best episodes of the season so far.

I fuckin love Twice.