• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Tsuyu threw scale dude so hard into beast dude it knocked him out when a steal cyilnder landing on his head couldn't lol.

Good episode overall.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Really fun episode. Bones finally brought the sakuga - shocked to see Norimitsu suzuki with the movie level animation.

The cat-and-mouse between the two teams was cool and it was nice to finally see some of class B personality

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, I went into this arc with low expectations but I think I'm gonna find it fun.
I enjoy seeing the way characters work together as well as new powers via Class B

And I also was not expecting that sudden burst of animation quality here.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
So uh... will we ever figure out who the mole/snitch is at UA? Really letting that plot line linger aren't they?

If I had to guess it'd be Aizawa as hes always in the places Class A gets attacked. And I'm sure he would tell them about Recovery girl so the time's he IS injured by the League of villains they make sure not to outright kill him.

but also him being the mole is too similar to Professor Snape. I originally thought it was going to be the Principal, but there's a scene where he was thinking to himself and he was definitely on the students' side.

I just hope it's someone substantial and not like...idk... Monoma or some character we've heard talk once before.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
So uh... will we ever figure out who the mole/snitch is at UA? Really letting that plot line linger aren't they?

If I had to guess it'd be Aizawa as hes always in the places Class A gets attacked. And I'm sure he would tell them about Recovery girl so the time's he IS injured by the League of villains they make sure not to outright kill him.

but also him being the mole is too similar to Professor Snape. I originally thought it was going to be the Principal, but there's a scene where he was thinking to himself and he was definitely on the students' side.

I just hope it's someone substantial and not like...idk... Monoma or some character we've heard talk once before.
it cant be him, he had the option of letting medoria die at the end of the overhaul arc and didnt.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
it cant be him, he had the option of letting medoria die at the end of the overhaul arc and didnt.

Oh yeah that's right... Maybe the League of Villains/AFO want to capture him instead of outright killing him?

didnt they hint that it could be a student too?
Hopefully it's Mineta so they can beat the crap out of him.

More seriously, I guess I could see it be Can't Stop Twinkling, but I'd be really sad if it was him.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
On rewatch, this episode is still really nice. Felt like it had a pulse for once and this is one of the lesser fights in the arc. Tomo Okubo didn't work as much on season 4 as she did the other seasons but seeing this makes me hope they got her doing more directing work this season

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I actually felt very bored watching this episode. Felt like the episode wouldn't end... felt like I was watching a episode of Dragonball Super Trash. I love MHA but damn I couldn't care less about any of these Class B people. Some of their quirks are cool but there just had to be a better way to showcase them than some stupid competition.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I actually felt very bored watching this episode. Felt like the episode wouldn't end... felt like I was watching a episode of Dragonball Super Trash. I love MHA but damn I couldn't care less about any of these Class B people. Some of their quirks are cool but there just had to be a better way to showcase them than some stupid competition.
I mentioned this was the "lesser" fight in the arc and that's because it features the less notable members of class-B, and honestly Class-A since as we can see the last three fights have the main characters in them (Tsuyu fans in shambles or whatever). It's partly why a lot of us are surprised the episode was animated so well. Hopefully the next few fights will be even more exciting.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Last episode was decent, with some genuinely good animation, but I am dreadfully tired of class battles. At least the series still seems to be alive? It felt "alive" at least. Hope the pacing picks up at least.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
just started watching the latest episode, where does this sweet ass animation comes frooooom???

looks so good

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned this was the "lesser" fight in the arc and that's because it features the less notable members of class-B, and honestly Class-A since as we can see the last three fights have the main characters in them (Tsuyu fans in shambles or whatever). It's partly why a lot of us are surprised the episode was animated so well. Hopefully the next few fights will be even more exciting.

Kirishima is more of a MC than Tsuyu

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This was fun. Arc feels like it's getting elevated a lot by the adaptation in terms of direction and audio choices - they're playing class B like villains here with the soundtrack and it's working for me.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Tokoyami's the fucking best. Yeah this has been a great adaptation so far and it's really elevating the arc.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
3D pipe work going hard this ep. Love Vantablack and the mushroom girl is terrifying

Tokoyami flying has hard "jump off the chair before it lands" energy

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Momo just needs to stop making plans at this point
the plan is good, her team is awful, is basically just her and Tokoyami
It's really frustrating, even as someone who adores Kirishima
you need to understand that some character will get more focus than others in each arc
Kirishima got focus in the overhaul arc, doenst mean he is a main character now, he was quickly pushed aside to put focus to kaminari, shinso and tsuyu
same thing in season 3, kirishima did nothing in the camp while tsuyu fought, but she wasnt in the rescue while he was
It doesnt make one a main character or not, both arent main characters.
Honestly it is just recency bias really

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018

you need to understand that some character will get more focus than others in each arc
Kirishima got focus in the overhaul arc, doenst mean he is a main character now, he was quickly pushed aside to put focus to kaminari, shinso and tsuyu
same thing in season 3, kirishima did nothing in the camp while tsuyu fought, but she wasnt in the rescue while he was
To be honest the Overhaul raid was Horikoshi not knowing what to do with his female characters, like the only thing the 4 of them did was distract a guy long enough for him to become Overhaul final power-up which it is jarring as their male counterparts (Kirishima, Tamaki and Fat Gum) got the spotlight and big moments

Last edited:

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Ok

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest the Overhaul raid was Horikoshi not knowing what to do with his female characters, like the only thing the 4 of them did was distract a guy long enough for him to become Overhaul final power-up which it is jarring as their male counterparts (Kirishima, Tamaki and Fat Gum) got the spotlight and big moments
I definitely think he was lost in what he wanted to do with them, he clearly set them up to do something but in the end didnt

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
best part
20210424_213857.gif

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Love Tokoyama, glad my faves are getting the spotlight this season so far.
And yeah, animation has DEFINITELY improved since Season 4. Loving it so far.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's cool that stuff is getting included where it should have been in the first place too. Stuff like invisible girl forcing Vantablack (or Vantadark now I guess) out of dark shadow wasn't in the manga.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that stuff is getting included where it should have been in the first place too. Stuff like invisible girl forcing Vantablack (or Vantadark now I guess) out of dark shadow wasn't in the manga.
He still says Vantablack in the voiceover. The subs are just being stupid.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually an issue of the name Vantablack being copyrighted.
Which would be a problem if they were making a paint or describing the color of a product, but I don't think the trademark applies to the term when used as the name of a fictional superhero, lol.

I suppose it's better safe than sorry, but it's a little eye-rolling when you can hear the man say Vantablack.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
The backgrounds in this show are really boring and uninspiring, just as with the Overhaul arc, all gray and generic. Also, that cgi scene doesn't impress me that much tbh... Not trying to be negative but I don't see that big of an improvement so far when it comes to animation either, still prefer earlier seasons. I really liked some scenes from the episode before this one though. I hope the setting gets more interesting.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The backgrounds in this show are really boring and uninspiring, just as with the Overhaul arc, all gray and generic. Also, that cgi scene doesn't impress me that much tbh... Not trying to be negative but I don't see that big of an improvement so far when it comes to animation either, still prefer earlier seasons. I really liked some scenes from the episode before this one though. I hope the setting gets more interesting.
dude you should rewatch the earlier season then, it usually only hit this level of animation in bigger fights
and the backgrounds in this episode were amazing, kyushu at night was perfect

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
dude you should rewatch the earlier season then, it usually only hit this level of animation in bigger fights
and the backgrounds in this episode were amazing, kyushu at night was perfect

Guess we'll just have to disagree on this one, as I don't see this anywhere near some amazing fights that we have before tbh.
Also can't agree about the backgrounds being amazing.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Guess we'll just have to disagree on this one, as I don't see this anywhere near some amazing fights that we have before tbh.
Also can't agree about the backgrounds being amazing.
It is on the simple things really
like see how well they animate Kuroiro merging into and unmerging from things compared to how they animated Mirio doing the same thing.
There is also a lot of character animation

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling this season at all so far. The untimely exposition dumps, the uneven animation, the slow paced story, etc.
And these random butt shots are fucking weird.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, at this pace we're gonna get 2-3 episode per team fight, so we're not getting anywhere. They really need to pick up this pacing.
If this season is all about this weird "tournament"... yikes.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Speaking of that, there is promo art of the next few arcs but some of them are kinda really spoilery so be wary

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It really sucks that the story's written another repeat of a class tournament except with absolutely no stakes and it only exists to show off new moves the students learned offscreen.

So we're getting like 8-10 episodes of this tired stuff unless the bad guys interrupt it (again).

Feels like these episodes are going to be best watched with the fastforward button like that horrendous school festival arc was. It's a shame because the second movie was pretty great.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god, its season 5 I do not need the main characters, or anyone in class A especially, quirks explained to me every fucking episode. I KNOW WHAT THEY ALL DO.

I agree with this season starting way too slow too, hope it ramps up a bit soon.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god, its season 5 I do not need the main characters, or anyone in class A especially, quirks explained to me every fucking episode. I KNOW WHAT THEY ALL DO.

I agree with this season starting way too slow too, hope it ramps up a bit soon.
it happens because it is a primetime TV show, so people that never watched the series can somewhat understand what happens

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The quirk reminder thing started in S2 and it's only for the TV broadcast of the show. On the blu ray they remove them. Kinda wish they would remove them for the streaming versions too though.