• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 24, 2018
Woah S5 is premiering now?!?! I had no clue...hype! I thought it was coming in the fall for some reason. For once, I'll try not to follow the season regularly so I can binge watch at the end.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
That was a lot of time used for again telling viewers what quirks characters have. 4 seasons should be enough to know.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'll give it one thing.
For the usual filler that reminds us of the classes characters n' quirks, it was marginally better than the previous efforts.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Man good to know that was a filler episode because it was traaaaash.

Lookin forward to getting actual season's plot going next week.

What kinda season are we in for manga readers? Good action, more serious?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man good to know that was a filler episode because it was traaaaash.

Lookin forward to getting actual season's plot going next week.

What kinda season are we in for manga readers? Good action, more serious?
first half will be more action but not very serious, second half will be more serious while still have some good action moments
of course it all depends on how it will be adapted

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we've ever loved MHA but we had a real soft spot for it and enjoyed watching it weekly... Until S4 was a total bust for us. Overhaul wasn't a very interesting arc and its saving grace were the Red Riot/Fat Gum and Lemillion fights. Then the rest of the season draaaagged and draaaaged on and we were like Thank God for the final two eps.

This was unfortunately another recap ep (why...?) but anyway we're very, very cautious.
Crossing fingers!

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I thought about something.
The narrator is always Deku right, with an older and more mature voice.
He always says that it's the story of how he became the greatest Hero. I guess it's how it's going to end, no? He's basically narrating his past experience.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I thought about something.
The narrator is always Deku right, with an older and more mature voice.
He always says that it's the story of how he became the greatest Hero. I guess it's how it's going to end, no? He's basically narrating his past experience.
Narrator Deku is a liar sometimes.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I guess this means Hawks is the traitor!

Hawks isn't on the faculty at UA is he? How would he have known class 1A's schedule? I saw the preview as well. Is he undercover? If he really is a traitor then why help Endeavour? To lull him into a false sense of security? Are they planning to ambush Endeavour and kill him?

I have so many questions.

I hope he isn't a traitor.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they tell every heroes powers every episode and tell One Piece this is how you do time fillers.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Red eyes for AFO...

I wasn't expecting that voice for the first user. It makes sense though because he's all sweet and innocent.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Damn but the Funi app/site are trash. Thing either won't load or won't let me get into settings to change the subtitles.

I just wanna see Mirkooooo

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Really good episode, my only complaint is that it was too fast, too many things to think about but the episode didnt gave me much time to think

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Upset they turned "Can'tcha See"-kun into "Look"-kun. Was so much more notable and meme worthy lol.

Hawks is the best.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Almost got it to work, but about 3/4 of the way through Funi crapped out on me.

Whyyyyy

I do like what they're doing here, though. Feels like they're still basically doing wrapup on season 4 stuff that they couldn't fit, but it's all solid material. Todoroki family drama is always entertaining, Hawks opens up a fresh angle in the series, and even if I don't love the animation in the vestiges part, AfO's theme does a lot of work.

Also, MIRKO

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Some scenes I liked were cut but nothing too egregious, the episode still felt a little too fast paced with some scenes nothing having enough time to breathe but still overall a decent episode

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

skiXbbb.jpg

Funi website is region locked for me but thankfully here is the list thanks to twitter (thanks to LEGABIRU).

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Now this was a fucking GOOD episode! Love the Todoroki family stuff and the origins of One for All

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
It may be because I've been spoilt by other shonen adaption, but I wish the series were a bit more adventurous with its direction/storyboarding especially for dialouge heavy episodes like this. Still an alright episode.

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Episode 2
827189b735e693cceaa9e3977e40ef0c24ab2e2ee1f22c6fd88e2a3c473d79fc.jpg

Yep, great real start to the season. Great seeing more Mirko and they adapted these chapters pretty well. Last season ended with some of the Pro Hero arc left like Dabi showing up and Hawks being a double agent but it's a good way to start this season. Hawks being a double agent is a really interesting wrinkle to his character

The drip on Hawks this episode after Endeavor got discharged from the hospital...magnificent

Todoroki family drama A+ as usual. Lmao at Shoto casually slurping noodles when Endy got home. They are scar buddies now. Man has a lot to make up for, if he even can. He finally became the #1 hero but it cost him his family, that's gotta sting. Personally, I don't think Endeavor should ever fully be redeemed, but I do recognize the effort.

Loved seeing Deku's dream animated. AfO's music still gives me chills. I do feel like maybe they could've used a different angle for the scene where the brothers are facing off, it felt more dramatic in the manga, but it's a minor complaint. Solid 7/10 episode. Basically a set up episode, but an interesting and necessary one

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It may be because I've been spoilt by other shonen adaption, but I wish the series were a bit more adventurous with its direction/storyboarding especially for dialouge heavy episodes like this. Still an alright episode.
what shonen adaptation does more than this episode did? I can only think of Jujutsu and maybe Kimetsu

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
what shonen adaptation does more than this episode did? I can only think of Jujutsu and maybe Kimetsu

Honestly AoT is the only one that comes to mind. Mappa did a great job with the slower paced episodes this past season. Demon Slayer's dialogue heavy episodes weren't too inspired but they were fun I guess.

I WISH JJK had dialogue heavy episodes tho smh.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The contents of the episode were good, but it felt like two different episodes crammed into one.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
The contents of the episode were good, but it felt like two different episodes crammed into one.

I can agree with that. Shouldve had Deku's dream in an episode with a Deku-centric framing. But as you said, I liked the lore dump and the Todoroki family drama separately but as a whole it lacked cohesion.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly AoT is the only one that comes to mind. Mappa did a great job with the slower paced episodes this past season. Demon Slayer's dialogue heavy episodes weren't too inspired but they were fun I guess.

I WISH JJK had dialogue heavy episodes tho smh.
Oh AoT for sure but I dont think of it when I think of battle shonen, tho i dont remember its demographics tbh

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Jujutsu, Fire Force, and One Piece are some that come to mind. My issue with this episode is that it is a literal 1:1 shot of the manga, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but they coud have done something more interesting. I am speaking from a pov as a manga reader,

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Just saw the epi, bit story driven but I really like it.. Like what they are doing with Hawk and the family drama! With Deku dream was also really interesting to learn

I must say I do miss the All Might and Deku training tbh.. For me the interactions of those two really made me enjoy the show

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Jujutsu, Fire Force, and One Piece are some that come to mind. My issue with this episode is that it is a literal 1:1 shot of the manga, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but they coud have done something more interesting. I am speaking from a pov as a manga reader,
One Piece seriously? Lol, they adapt about one chapter per episode, it is as by the book as you can get
I didnt watch any scene from Fire Force tho to opinate

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah it's the end of one arc and the beginning of another so it is kind of odd. It's one of the downsides to Bones really wanting the endeavor fight to be the end of season 4 without being able to fit in the whole Pro hero arc. I think it turned out a lot better than I feared before season 4 ended but it does have these odd quirks